Thread: They Wonder Why People Don’t Come (UPs WTF?)

Default They Wonder Why People Don’t Come (UPs WTF?)

On Saturday I was standing along the barricades waiting for the parade. I was across the street from Russo Park about even with the visitors bull pen. If you were there you may recall about a 10 minute gap from the first 2 fire trucks with cheer and jazz squads and the next floats behind them. An adult couple, I would say late 40s early 50s carrying a dish of food for their TG festivities, crossed the opening in the barricade and walked directly across the street. They had made it across and were on the other side of the barricades when 2 university police ran them down and made them go back to the other side. I could see the couple pleading with the officers, saying they are trying to get to their tailgate spot, in the cooking club area of Russo as they were pointing in that direction. The UPs weren’t having it and made them go back across the street until the parade was over.

The entire crowd around started to boo the cops. I could hear an elderly gentleman next to me say “ and they wonder why nobody comes to the games”. Had to be one of the most ridiculously things I have ever seen at a tailgate.

Default Re: They Wonder Why People Don’t Come (UPs WTF?)

Sounds like some things never change. Give them a little power and.

was the couple smoking or carrying pot?

I have been going to games at Cajun Field since the 70s. In college in the late 80s and early 90s I can honestly say I personally have never smelled or saw pot at CF.

Thread Information