Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I can assure you of this, I was at U(s)L between 1988-1993 and part of a fraternity and I can assure you (not me, because I did not partake) but my fraternity was smoking pot at U(s)L tailgates in 1988.
    I mean, I smelled pot in Cajun Field when I went to the concessions on the student side. And that was against Buffalo

Default Re: Martin Hall Hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    So what is the point of a “Martin Hall Hypocrites” thread about people with pot not being arrested, if you aren’t willing to state your insinuation?
    I have stated my exact insinuation more than once. Post 54 is one. Are you not reading them all?

3. Default Re: Martin Hall Hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I have nothing against pot other than the fact that it is still illegal in La. This thread really isn’t about pot as much as it is about the double standards that MH has when disciplining different groups of students. Yes I do have a problem with hypocrites that are inconsistent in the way they do things.
    This specific thing you speak of isn't on Martin Hall, but the overall situation is.

Martin Hall is reactionary to events, which is why they reacted and had the MP crew looking for silly pong game.

If it's a situation they haven't encountered before they are often clueless in the decision making department.

Again an event driven decision instead of training MPs to use logic.

It's the same thing as making someone who crossed the street go back across the street for 15 minutes because they don't want anyone crossing the street.

Martin Hall isn't helping MPs use logic.

This is why a principle is better than a law, you can't write laws fast enough, whereas an overriding principle helps people use logic.

4. Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

It was Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering, and they were blazing it up everyday.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    It was Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering, and they were blazing it up everyday.
    But have you smoked with Willie Nelson? For some, that’s a bucket list item.

Default Re: Martin Hall Hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    It sounds like one did it in moderation and the other did not. I’d have no problem working on side of someone who has a couple beers after work.
    I agree with that also. My point was just because something is legal does not make it safer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    But have you smoked with Willie Nelson? For some, that’s a bucket list item.
    Willie and Snoop. Smoking with both of them together would be like hitting the pot lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Willie and Snoop. Smoking with both of them together would be like hitting the pot lottery.
    Roll me up and smoke me when I die?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Roll me up and smoke me when I die?
    100% I love the version they do together.

11. Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

My favorite story about a celebrity and weed, was many years ago when former Boston Celtic Center Robert Parrish arrested for Marijuana possession, his response was I am 39 years old with shot knees and still playing in the NBA, yeah, you think I smoke weed.

I am kind of paraphrasing, but you get the point.

There is definitely a double standard. Take pot out of it. Let’s say a group of 15 students have a party at their rent house near campus and one gets drunk to the point he has to be rushed to the hospital. From a university stand point nothing happens to those kids discipline wise.

Now take that same situation. Group of 15 kids at a rent house and one is rushed to the hospital because he drank to much, but this group are members of PIKE, PKT, KA, SAE, Theta Xi, Sigma Nu, Lamar Chi, or Kappa Sigma. Those organizations will be investigated and held responsible for the incident, even though it was at an off campus home.

They no doubt have double standards when it comes to disciplining students depending on who they are and what they are involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    There is definitely a double standard. Take pot out of it. Let’s say a group of 15 students have a party at their rent house near campus and one gets drunk to the point he has to be rushed to the hospital. From a university stand point nothing happens to those kids discipline wise.

Now take that same situation. Group of 15 kids at a rent house and one is rushed to the hospital because he drank to much, but this group are members of PIKE, PKT, KA, SAE, Theta Xi, Sigma Nu, Lamar Chi, or Kappa Sigma. Those organizations will be investigated and held responsible for the incident, even though it was at an off campus home.

They no doubt have double standards when it comes to disciplining students depending on who they are and what they are involved in.
    If similar happened off campus with players from our football team or baseball team, there would likely be some discipline handed out by the coaches and a possible investigation.

Greeks are part of a school-sanctioned organization, just like our athletes are part of school-sanctioned teams. So if an event like that happens, yes, university personnel, whether coaches or administrators, would be involved in some fashion.

A group of kids who just attend school, school personnel would not get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If similar happened off campus with players from our football team or baseball team, there would likely be some discipline handed out by the coaches and a possible investigation.

Greeks are part of a school-sanctioned organization, just like our athletes are part of school-sanctioned teams. So if an event like that happens, yes, university personnel, whether coaches or administrators, would be involved in some fashion.

A group of kids who just attend school, school personnel would not get involved.
    Thanks for proving my original point. There are double standards. I definitely see where the coach would get involved from athletic physical fitness stand point. But when 10 to 15 kids do something that is not a sanctioned event held by the fraternity, the other 40 to 60 are not responsible for their off campus actions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information