Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

Default Re: Martin Hall Hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Questionable? What part are you questioning? I witnessed the other with my own eyes. On this one I was told by more than 3 people what they saw. When I hear something from only one person that is one thing, but when multiple people witness it that holds more water.

FYI the pot smoking wasn't limited to the fenced in area for students. I was told by more than one their were big crowds on the grass between the 2 bus stops on the east side. As you walked on the pavement you could smell pot the whole way down. Those crowds weren't there either the 2 times I attended the student TG. I was born in 1969 and been going to cajuns games since before I could walk. This is the first time I hear of pot being smoked so openly at a tailgate.

The only reason I bring it up is to show how much of hypocrites the people in MH are. A month ago they told a certain student group they couldn't play beer pong at a TG. And now you have a certain group that is smoking pot and nothing will be done about it. If the beer pong group was smoking pot they would be kicked off campus by now.
    Dude, there’s been pot at every student tailgate ever. Even if you can’t smell it, it’s there. Been that way for a long time.

Your insinuation here is that Martin Hall specifically told the UPs not to arrest people with pot, right? You’re kind of dancing around that, but it’s the conclusion of what you are saying, right?

Your insinuation here is that Martin Hall specifically told the UPs not to arrest people with pot, right? You’re kind of dancing around that, but it’s the conclusion of what you are saying, right?
    No, he's insinuating that Martin Hall told cops to bust up white kids playing beer pong, but turned a blind eye to black kids smoking pot

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    No, he's insinuating that Martin Hall told cops to bust up white kids playing beer pong, but turned a blind eye to black kids smoking pot
    I know, I know…I was just trying to make him say it.

Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

He's dancing around it like that thing at the mall where you drop a penny and it circles around that funnel for 5 minutes

5. Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

. . . so it’s the keg calling the pot black . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Whatcha got against pot, man? Much better for you than alcohol, not that I'm able to partake, but if given the option in the future, I won't touch another drop of booze.
    I've said the same thing for many years. In an industrial environment like I work in, I rather work on the side of someone who smoked a little the night before over someone who drank until 2am and passed out drunk.

After thinking about it, the OP may have accidentally found the root cause of poor student attendance

Imagine being high as a giraffe's a**, sitting on a roasting hot bleacher in the sun, cops in every direction, listening to the band play the same song over and over again, drowned out by a PA guy playing some rap song over it at Volume 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Whatcha got against pot, man? Much better for you than alcohol, not that I'm able to partake, but if given the option in the future, I won't touch another drop of booze.
    I have nothing against pot other than the fact that it is still illegal in La. This thread really isn’t about pot as much as it is about the double standards that MH has when disciplining different groups of students. Yes I do have a problem with hypocrites that are inconsistent in the way they do things.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Never insinuated that martin hall told the UP’s anything. I did insinuate that if one of the Greek organizations that reside on Glenn Able drive, basically the same kids that were told they couldn’t play beer pong a month ago, were smoking pot under their TG tents they would be suspended by now. That is just a fact. I absolutely did insinuate that there are double standards in the way Martin Hall disciplines the group on Glenn Able compared to the rest of the school. That group is by and large the ones that actually go into the games.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Dude, there’s been pot at every student tailgate ever. Even if you can’t smell it, it’s there. Been that way for a long time.

When in school we always pre gamed at our fraternity house. There wasn’t a middle school lock you up in a fence TG like now. I have only gone to this new age TG twice. But again this is about pot as much as it is about hypocrites with double standards. I never insinuated that MH had a discussion with UP’s.

11. Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

I can assure you of this, I was at U(s)L between 1988-1993 and part of a fraternity and I can assure you (not me, because I did not partake) but my fraternity was smoking pot at U(s)L tailgates in 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I've said the same thing for many years. In an industrial environment like I work in, I rather work on the side of someone who smoked a little the night before over someone who drank until 2am and passed out drunk.
    It sounds like one did it in moderation and the other did not. I’d have no problem working on side of someone who has a couple beers after work.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I can assure you of this, I was at U(s)L between 1988-1993 and part of a fraternity and I can assure you (not me, because I did not partake) but my fraternity was smoking pot at U(s)L tailgates in 1988.
    O no doubt. Our neighbor fraternity smoked pot in the coulee all the time. Mine frowned on it and those who did partake did not do it at the house. I was there the same time as you. I never been to a “student tailgate” that wasn’t at our fraternity house.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    When in school we always pre gamed at our fraternity house. There wasn’t a middle school lock you up in a fence TG like now. I have only gone to this new age TG twice. But again this is about pot as much as it is about hypocrites with double standards. I never insinuated that MH had a discussion with UP’s.
    So what is the point of a “Martin Hall Hypocrites” thread about people with pot not being arrested, if you aren’t willing to state your insinuation?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I’m going to need some of those earplugs to deal with the racist dog whistles in this thread.
    Are you insinuating that the double standards are due to race? That would be racist on Martin halls part.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information