Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

1. Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

. . . no, but they should be arresting everybody with pot . . .

Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . no, but they should be arresting everybody with pot . . .
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I stand corrected. Your comment on “middle class white kids” was in reference to Greeks and not the typical tailgaters. There still seems to be a racial context to what you are saying here.

Pot is illegal. So is underage drinking? Should the officers on site be Id’ing every kid they see with an alcoholic beverage?
    They have and do give MIP’s on a regular basis to minors with alcohol.

4. Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

. . . note that for alcohol, MIP is not even supposed to be on the minor’s record and any minor can actually drink alcohol in Louisiana if they are in the presence of a parent . . . so, no, alcohol is not equal to weed . . .

Welcome to life. There are always double standards. I can tell you of a story when I was in college over 20 years ago when I got popped by ATF and given an underage drinking ticket when at the same time the Frats were doing more drinking than a little beer pong game. I was just with a couple friends minding our own business sitting on a tailgate.

Only concerning comment in this thread is the presence of a gun. I dont know the facts but I would hate for anyone to get shot at a family friendly event. Sad to say but that is the climate of the world we live in now. Sad to say but its really time to pass Constitutional Carry laws.

Double standards have always existed and will until the Earth is no more. Take your choice, all the way back to Cain and Abel or when 2 cavemen could dominate 1.

I was amazed the accident downtown was vaguely connected to the football game by KLFY. Yeah, they Lafayette'd in the article.

https://www.klfy.com/local/lafayette.fayette-crash/

7. Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

I wonder what the connection was.

Just timelining that it happened after another event that occured elsewhere leaves a lot for splainin.

Default Re: What Should be Louisiana's New Mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Geaux Cajuns
    Why did you close the thread about martin hall treating different groups of students differently.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Why did you close the thread about martin hall treating different groups of students differently.
    Is this not that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Is this not that thread?
    Yes commenting was turned off from this afternoon until just now.

Yes commenting was turned off from this afternoon until just now.
    Has the administration contacted Turbine?

Default Re: Martin Hall Hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    My wife apologizes.

She doesn't do it anymore, but she used to hand out ear plugs to the folks in front of us.

She won't admit it, but I think she planted a guy in front of us walking his baby to sleep.

But it is typically on 3rd down.
    I’m going to need some of those earplugs to deal with the racist dog whistles in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I’m going to need some of those earplugs to deal with the racist dog whistles in this thread.
    To quote KrazyKajun in the other questionable thread he started yesterday: “and they wonder why no one comes to the games”

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    To quote KrazyKajun in the other questionable thread he started yesterday: “and they wonder why no one comes to the games”
    Questionable? What part are you questioning? I witnessed the other with my own eyes. On this one I was told by more than 3 people what they saw. When I hear something from only one person that is one thing, but when multiple people witness it that holds more water.

FYI the pot smoking wasn't limited to the fenced in area for students. I was told by more than one their were big crowds on the grass between the 2 bus stops on the east side. As you walked on the pavement you could smell pot the whole way down. Those crowds weren't there either the 2 times I attended the student TG. I was born in 1969 and been going to cajuns games since before I could walk. This is the first time I hear of pot being smoked so openly at a tailgate.

The only reason I bring it up is to show how much of hypocrites the people in MH are. A month ago they told a certain student group they couldn't play beer pong at a TG. And now you have a certain group that is smoking pot and nothing will be done about it. If the beer pong group was smoking pot they would be kicked off campus by now.

Questionable? What part are you questioning? I witnessed the other with my own eyes. On this one I was told by more than 3 people what they saw. When I hear something from only one person that is one thing, but when multiple people witness it that holds more water.

FYI the pot smoking wasn't limited to the fenced in area for students. I was told by more than one their were big crowds on the grass between the 2 bus stops on the east side. As you walked on the pavement you could smell pot the whole way down. Those crowds weren't there either the 2 times I attended the student TG. I was born in 1969 and been going to cajuns games since before I could walk. This is the first time I hear of pot being smoked so openly at a tailgate.

The only reason I bring it up is to show how much of hypocrites the people in MH are. A month ago they told a certain student group they couldn't play beer pong at a TG. And now you have a certain group that is smoking pot and nothing will be done about it. If the beer pong group was smoking pot they would be kicked off campus by now.
    Whatcha got against pot, man? Much better for you than alcohol, not that I'm able to partake, but if given the option in the future, I won't touch another drop of booze.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information