Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

Default Re: Martin Hall Inconsistencies

What did your son’s friend mean by, “every year on Homecoming the tailgating gets very dark?”

Also, what do you mean by the regular tailgaters being forced along the perimeter of the area? Did other groups get there earlier and set up in the center or were the regulars first in and forced to move?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    What did your son’s friend mean by, “every year on Homecoming the tailgating gets very dark?”

Also, what do you mean by the regular tailgaters being forced along the perimeter of the area? Did other groups get there earlier and set up in the center or were the regulars first in and forced to move?
    They chose to move due to the crowd that only goes TG once a year and don’t go in the game. It is a bunch of people that usually don’t participate in student activities who show up once a year.

Next year go the student TG the first few home games and then go back for homecoming and you will see what he means.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    They chose to move due to the crowd that only goes TG once a year and don’t go in the game.

Next year go the student TG the first few home games and then go back for homecoming and you will see what he means.
    So no one was “forced” along the perimeter like you originally stated? They made a choice to move?

It seems like it would move this discussion along more efficiently to just say what he meant than by me waiting a year to report back.

So no one was “forced” along the perimeter like you originally stated? They made a choice to move?

It seems like it would move this discussion along more efficiently to just say what he meant than by me waiting a year to report back.
    Pretty obvious what the friend meant.

I’m more concerned about supposedly there being a gun pulled but there is nothing in the news and no statement from the university, if such did occur.

I’ll choose to hope it’s rumor/hearsay and such an incident did not occur.

This was way after the parade had passed. It was minutes before the game was about to kickoff. Trust me when I tell you my wife would make up that it smelled like pot if it didn’t.
    At that point we were up in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

I’m more concerned about supposedly there being a gun pulled but there is nothing in the news and no statement from the university, if such did occur.

Not his kind of people, maybe

Well if people are trampling through your area and have no respect for your tent call it what you want. It would be like someone setting your house on fire and you saying I wasn’t forced to leave it was my choice to leave. The way it was described to me it was like animals corralled in a cattle pen.

Well I said my part. If you don’t know what is meant by it then you’ll just have to see for yourself. I understood exactly what he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

As I said earlier, I checked Jades and there was no arrest for weapons charges around game time on Saturday.

So you want the student TG to be a party zone and let kids be kids, but heads need to roll because your wife said it smelled like pot? And now circulating a rumor that a gun was pulled and an arrest was made?

What are you wanting? UP to check for student IDs at the entrance to the student tailgate? A metal detector? UP stopping and frisking for joints/vape pens?

Well if people are trampling through your area and have no respect for your tent call it what you want. It would be like someone setting your house on fire and you saying I wasn’t forced to leave it was my choice to leave. The way it was described to me it was like animals corralled in a cattle pen.

Well I said my part. If you don’t know what is meant by it then you’ll just have to see for yourself. I understood exactly what he was saying.
    So going off the context clues of him making the “dark” comment and you mentioning that the regular tailgaters are “middle class white kids,” am I correct that you are saying there were more black people at the tailgate than usual?

I’m still not sure on the reason for the indirectness. Is the boogeyman gonna jump up and snag us?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    So you want the student TG to be a party zone and let kids be kids, but heads need to roll because your wife said it smelled like pot? And now circulating a rumor that a gun was pulled and an arrest was made?

What are you wanting? UP to check for student IDs at the entrance to the student tailgate? A metal detector? UP stopping and frisking for joints/vape pens?
    No. As I stated my daughter who is not a student walked over by herself to meet her older siblings. She has been going to cajun field since before she could walk. For the first time in her life she felt it was unsafe to walk back by herself. I raise my kids to be aware of their surroundings.

You do know that pot is illegal in the state of Louisiana. Right. Rather you think it is a good law or bad law it is the law.

So going off the context clues of him making the “dark” comment and you mentioning that the regular tailgaters are “middle class white kids,” am I correct that you are saying there were more black people at the tailgate than usual?

I’m still not sure on the reason for the indirectness. Is the boogeyman gonna jump up and snag us?
    I never said that the typical tailgaters are any kind of kid. I just said a bunch were there that never go and didn’t go to the game. I did say that the kids that were forbidden to play beer pong are those that are in the Greek system with houses on the row. They are typically middle class white kids, although many of your historically white fraternities here are starting to become more diverse. There are different rules for frats on the row than there are for the general student. That is what I was pointing out. If PKT, Sigma NU or KA has people smoking pot under their tent they get kicked off campus. But for the ones that were smoking pot Saturday there was no consequences.

All this time, the reason for low attendance was the Devil's Lettuce. Who knew?

You do know that pot is illegal in the state of Louisiana. Right. Rather you think it is a good law or bad law it is the law.
    So is underaged drinking, but a lot of folks said we needed to lax up on that (you and I included) in order for fun to be had.

I keep typing and backspacing but I just don't feel like commenting on your story.

No. As I stated my daughter who is not a student walked over by herself to meet her older siblings. She has been going to cajun field since before she could walk. For the first time in her life she felt it was unsafe to walk back by herself. I raise my kids to be aware of their surroundings.

I stand corrected. Your comment on “middle class white kids” was in reference to Greeks and not the typical tailgaters. There still seems to be a racial context to what you are saying here.

Pot is illegal. So is underage drinking? Should the officers on site be Id’ing every kid they see with an alcoholic beverage?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information