Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zeon Chriss and NIL

Support Zeon Chriss and NIL

A lot of hand wringing and worry about whether ZC will be with us next season due to NIL on this site.

I am not worried about him going to a SEC school because truthfully, he probably isn’t going to start next season at a SEC school. He still has a lot of work to improve on and those teams are looking for immediate payback on their dollars.

In interviews, ZC has said one of the reasons he chose UL is proximity to home, so his family could see him play. Looking at schools with dollars to pay, the only two places that may fit that is Houston and Tulane. Holgorsen is on the hot seat, I don’t see him handing the keys over to ZC when he has very good and eligible QB transfers from Texas Tech & Arkansas and he needs to win NOW.

Tulane is an interesting one, and could be an issue. It would be interesting to see what Fleming (4 catches this season) and Kam would tell him about the environment, having played under both coaches.

These are all things we, as fans, cannot control. One thing we do control is giving money to our NIL collective. One can support it for as little as $10/month. I have signed up and encourage all of RP to do it. Sign up at https://kreweallons.com/ and GEAUX CAJUNS !!

Default Re: Zeon Chriss and NIL

None of the Dollars belong to teams, "the universities are not involved"- signed ncaa

Checks notes: ten dollars a month might be more than certain levels of rcaf membership, is a list provided and rcaf points allocated at a proportionate rate?

The more ZC is discussed, the more attention he’ll draw, deservingly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The more ZC is discussed, the more attention he’ll draw, deservingly or not.
    And, if a P5 wants him and he is willing, there is not a darn thing anyone can do about it because we can't match those types of funds. He's no secret sir, hasn't been since his senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And, if a P5 wants him and he is willing, there is not a darn thing anyone can do about it because we can't match those types of funds. He's no secret sir, hasn't been since his senior year.
    Agree. Won’t be Ole Miss, Walker Howard waiting in the wings.

7. Default Re: Zeon Chriss and NIL

Agree. Won’t be Ole Miss, Walker Howard waiting in the wings.
    . . . and how many times have you seen here Zeon > Howard . . . surely this is not the only place that believes that, correct . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . and how many times have you seen here Zeon > Howard . . . surely this is not the only place that believes that, correct . . .
    Ole Miss NIL has an investment already started on WH, probably a decent amount. But with Kiffin, you never know. The Saban replacement talks should be starting in a year or so.

9. Default Re: Zeon Chriss and NIL

Ole Miss NIL has an investment already started on WH, probably a decent amount. But with Kiffin, you never know. The Saban replacement talks should be starting in a year or so.
    . . . he was driving a 100,000 Raptor at LSU . . . was that coach worried about it . . . if Kiffin believes Zeon > Howard, Zeon in gone for lots of $$$$ . . . write it down . . .

I’ll maintain this.

NIL plus the opportunity to play in an offensive scheme that maximizes his talents and shows off his abilities to NFL scouts is what would entice Zeon to leave UL.

So it’s not just money, but also on our coaches to show that they can provide a high powered offensive scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’ll maintain this.

NIL plus the opportunity to play in an offensive scheme that maximizes his talents and shows off his abilities to NFL scouts is what would entice Zeon to leave UL.

So it’s not just money, but also on our coaches to show that they can provide a high powered offensive scheme.
    But he has to play for that to happen. The Venn diagram of places that will highlight his talent AND can guarantee him to start really isn’t that big.

I firmly believe Zeon stays and finishes his college career herein stunning fashion.

13. Default Re: Zeon Chriss and NIL

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I firmly believe Zeon stays and finishes his college career herein stunning fashion.
    . . . it’s nice to believe, but about a $100,000 a year donation for his career to the collective would go a long way to firm up that belief . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I hope you are right!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . it’s nice to believe, but about a $100,000 a year donation for his career to the collective would go a long way to firm up that belief . . .
    Well, he's gonna have to throw the ball and make better decisions than he did Saturday night if he wants $100,000 from me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information