Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Revisit Parking

Default Revisit Parking

Why in the hell, don’t we consolidate the parking pass lots into just the paved areas. Then charge $20 per car for the grass lots inside the fences?

It’s obvious we don’t have enough paid parking passes to fill those lots. Do they not understand unrealized revenue?

Now I’ve been told the university is petrified of the liability of having paid per game parking. Because then they can’t control who parks there.

This has to be just a blanket excuse, not the real reason for not allowing it. Because we allow all kinds of events inside the gates that we could be liable for.

Yesterday was a relatively decent crowd, but inside the gates looked like crap.

Default Re: Revisit Parking

Taken from the back corner of Lot E at 6:15 yesterday. Not sure the athletic department/university are living in the same reality as the rest of the community at this point.

Attached Images Attached Images    

It’s asinine that they won’t open up parking to the general public in that grassy space.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Taken from the back corner of Lot E at 6:15 yesterday. Not sure the athletic department/university are living in the same reality as the rest of the community at this point.
    The optics of that are beyond terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Why in the hell, don’t we consolidate the parking pass lots into just the paved areas. Then charge $20 per car for the grass lots inside the fences?

It’s obvious we don’t have enough paid parking passes to fill those lots. Do they not understand unrealized revenue?

Now I’ve been told the university is petrified of the liability of having paid per game parking. Because then they can’t control who parks there.

This has to be just a blanket excuse, not the real reason for not allowing it. Because we allow all kinds of events inside the gates that we could be liable for.

I don't understand the issue of not knowing who is parking in the gates. You don't submit your license plate info when buying a pass and anyone with a paid parking pass can share it with someone else. There's a new parking pass for each game

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I don't understand the issue of not knowing who is parking in the gates. You don't submit your license plate info when buying a pass and anyone with a paid parking pass can share it with someone else. There's a new parking pass for each game
    I know the RCAF guys are aware of this issue. Collection of fee from individual cars without handling cash may be something that needs to be worked out. My suggestion is charge 20 dollars per game to non RCAF folks and only allow 20 dollar bills if someone wants to use cash. Credit card machines will need to be to top notch so as not to create a traffic back up.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    This is where I park as well, and for Texas State, I counted eight….yes EIGHT…. cars in the lot 30 MINUTES BEFORE KICKOFF.

If it’s true that we are afraid of liability, then why in the world do we have Mardi Gras parades and allow paid parking for that for very little compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Z, you are talking to the air bro. They don't care.

9. Default Re: Revisit Parking

. . . what good is a parking lot if you are concerned about liability for parking . . . it’s definitely something else but it’s not liability . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . what good is a parking lot if you are concerned about liability for parking . . . it’s definitely something else but it’s not liability . . .
    What else could it be? Unless it’s the fact that we purposely want an empty parking lot, there’s no other reason that could justify having 8 cars in a huge lot right before kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Flying kites and hitting golf balls. Practice driving and rc cars and planes

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    El Oh El

13. Default Re: Revisit Parking

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    . . . if any of those are going on during a Cajuns athletic event, that would be a recipe for liability . . . may the parking begin . . .

I never understood the forced hiking in order for a casual fan to see a game. At the very least have some trams going back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    What else could it be? Unless it’s the fact that we purposely want an empty parking lot, there’s no other reason that could justify having 8 cars in a huge lot right before kickoff.
    Only thing would be Tailgating but cost is evidently too much $20 per car would generate more revenue that we're currently getting there

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information