Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Revisit Parking

Default Re: Revisit Parking

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    I never understood the forced hiking in order for a casual fan to see a game. At the very least have some trams going back and forth.
    When you start to look at the totality of what we fail to do, after solutions are presented here. Which we know the admin reads, they are smarter than us and will never implement these types of changes. It is also a deliberate effort to not get to big that they can’t control the fandom. Like during the Hudspeth days.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    When you start to look at the totality of what we fail to do, after solutions are presented here. Which we know the admin reads, they are smarter than us and will never implement these types of changes. It is also a deliberate effort to not get to big that they can’t control the fandom. Like during the Hudspeth days.
    We are too afraid of our own shadow.

Look guys, we are a 'commuter school' so a tram or bus system would be appropriate. LOL!

I am sick of this foolishness. These are the kind of people who, if they were teachers, would punish the entire class for the actions of one knucklehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Look guys, we are a 'commuter school' so a tram or bus system would be appropriate. LOL!

I am sick of this foolishness. These are the kind of people who, if they were teachers, would punish the entire class for the actions of one knucklehead.
    We should have 50-60k surrounding Cajun Field every game, get 2/3rds into the stadium.

I mean we all remember those days. So do the academic administration. No wonder Maggard has been kinda defeated.

5. Default Re: Revisit Parking

We should have 50-60k surrounding Cajun Field every game, get 2/3rds into the stadium.

I mean we all remember those days. So do the academic administration. No wonder Maggard has been kinda defeated.
    Getting everyone in the stadium should have been a try harder goal, not a law.

Only thing I can think is that they would be scared of RCAF parking pass numbers to drop, losing (minimal) revenue.

If folks can park in lot E for free, what % of folks paying in D, C and B would not pay and move to E?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Only thing I can think is that they would be scared of RCAF parking pass numbers to drop, losing (minimal) revenue.

If folks can park in lot E for free, what % of folks paying in D, C and B would not pay and move to E?
    I think it’s like $60 for an RCAF parking pass.

It actually incentivizes getting an RCAF pass. $20 a game and you park another 400? Cars in the gates. It’s not a lot, but it’s thousands more than we are getting now.

It actually incentivizes getting an RCAF pass. $20 a game and you park another 400? Cars in the gates. It’s not a lot, but it’s thousands more than we are getting now.
    There is no "incentive" anymore to join RCAF other than having to join to get season tickets. This discussion here is the exact reason why I dropped my RCAF donation and take the hike.

The only benefit of the RCAF that I took advantage of was the parking pass. Once they took that away and asked for another $60, I dropped to the minimum donation. There is no reason to make people pay more money when the parking lot is empty.

Its not about the money, its about the principle and a greed administration.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post

We wouldn't have to allow free parking inside of Cajun Field. Charge $20 general admission to park in Lot E. That's double of what a season parking pass ($60 = $10 per game) would cost.

I just don't see what the issue is here. It's easy revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    We wouldn't have to allow free parking inside of Cajun Field. Charge $20 to park in Lot E. That's double of what a season parking pass ($60 = $10 per game) would cost.
    Good point - I was thinking of free parking.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    There is no "incentive" anymore to join RCAF other than having to join to get season tickets. This discussion here is the exact reason why I dropped my RCAF donation and take the hike.

The only benefit of the RCAF that I took advantage of was the parking pass. Once they took that away and asked for another $60, I dropped to the minimum donation. There is no reason to make people pay more money when the parking lot is empty.

Its not about the money, its about the principle and a greed administration.
    I’ve been thinking this.
    Only reason to give $500+ instead of $100 (or whatever the minimum is) is pure love of the university.

The lowest you can pay for an RCAF parking pass is $160
    ($60 plus a minimum of $100 RCAF donation)

$20 per game would still be cheaper if the only reason you join RCAF is for parking. Either way, the university is losing out on revenue by not selling those Lot E spots every game

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    The lowest you can pay for an RCAF parking pass is $160
    ($60 plus a minimum of $100 RCAF donation)

$20 per game would still be cheaper if the only reason you join RCAF is for parking. Either way, the university is losing out on revenue by not selling those Lot E spots every game
    If getting a parking pass is the main reason for someone to join RCAF, we have some serious problems.

14. Default Re: Revisit Parking

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    If getting a parking pass is the main reason for someone to join RCAF, we have some serious problems.
    . . . have you been reading here or listening to RR podcasts, i believe each say we have some serious problems . . . ok what do message boards or fan podcasts really know . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . have you been reading here or listening to RR podcasts, i believe each say we have some serious problems . . . ok what do message boards or fan podcasts really know . . .
    If people are joining RCAF exclusively to get a parking pass, then the messaging for other reasons to join isn’t quite getting out there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information