Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Athletes W/NIL Deals?

Support Cajun Athletes W/NIL Deals?

How many current UL athletes have active NIL deals?

2. Default Re: Cajun Athletes W/NIL Deals?

I do not know.

Default Re: Cajun Athletes W/NIL Deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I do not know.
    I know of three softball players for sure.

To keep our best athletes we will need to get to a total NIL collective to $5-7M annually.

5. Default Re: Cajun Athletes W/NIL Deals?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    To keep our best athletes we will need to get to a total NIL collective to $5-7M annually.
    Just know this, with the team and leadership that we have in place, we will be fine. Big things on the horizon.

I mean really big things.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I know of three softball players for sure.
    I know one of the softball players have one with where I work or at least did last year. Not sure if anyone else does

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just know this, with the team and leadership that we have in place, we will be fine. Big things on the horizon.

Awesome! Thank you for your work on that front

8. Default Re: Cajun Athletes W/NIL Deals?

. . . one guy says it will take millions . . . realistically our ceiling is probably hundreds of thousands . . . will that be enough to keep our top players . . .

9. Default Re: Cajun Athletes W/NIL Deals?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . one guy says it will take millions . . . realistically our ceiling is probably hundreds of thousands . . . will that be enough to keep our top players . . .
    I don't want to say what number can be or will be achievable, because I would never want to put a cap on what can be done here. Here is what I can tell you, we are off to a great start, and we have some great people on the team, me excluded. I trust the team from the top down and trust what John is trying to do here. He is 100% committed to this group and many of the thoughts and ideas we are talking about are outside the box.

I will say this, get on board whether it is a $10 or up induvial support investment or being part of donations for upcoming events or support the businesses that we are trying to support through the collective. The more we can do the better, if that number is significantly below, they 5-7 million, but we are able to keep a couple of players that get better offers, than it is a win for us. If that number exceeds 5-7 million than we are doing extremely well.

At this point we started from $0, everything we do and get is, as we like to say.Lagnaippe.

Everyone that supports the Collective is a piece of the ground floor with this organization. And to me personally that is super exciting.

Per Zoom: Well, problem #1 is RCAF, the UL Foundation and now Krew Allons are all fishing in the same pond.

The reason to start this collective is to have $$ to get into bidding wars with other schools when a player enters the portal? Or is the reason to distribute $$ across the board to all student athletes, kind of like a monthly spif?

11. Default Re: Cajun Athletes W/NIL Deals?

. . . love the optimism and current business plan of the Collective . . .before this we had nothing . . . the reason for my post was to try and get some focus back to the Collective in that saying it will take $5 to $7 million to make traction so minimalizes the potential effect of the Collective and it is a crying shame something like that is out there . . . believe it or not, with something like that out there, many will just ignore the efforts of the Collective because it creates and inference that there would be no chance of real effectiveness . . . so, it will soon be time for the Collective to put out a roadmap or goal map with specific indications on where it needs to be to in fact be effective with its goals, sport by sport . . . dream big, but an indication of realistic achievable goals will substantially add the current successes of the Collective's efforts . . . march on my man . . . and ignore that other guy, he is not a true Cajun's fan . . . ask Roxy . . .

Let's hope it's enough to keep the QBs here.

Eli Ortego has one with Twin’s Burgers and Sweets.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Per Zoom: Well, problem #1 is RCAF, the UL Foundation and now Krew Allons are all fishing in the same pond.

The reason to start this collective is to have $$ to get into bidding wars with other schools when a player enters the portal? Or is the reason to distribute $$ across the board to all student athletes, kind of like a monthly spif?
    Not necessarily the same pond across the board. There are a number of supporters that are MBB, Softball and Baseball supporters that are not supporters or season ticket holders for football.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Not necessarily the same pond across the board. There are a number of supporters that are MBB, Softball and Baseball supporters that are not supporters or season ticket holders for football.
    Yes, there are fans sports specific. Even in those instances it’s RCAF v NIL sport specific with a side of Foundation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information