Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Attendance vs Southern Miss

Default Re: Attendance vs Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Napier, graduation and the portal also gutted us. It wasn’t starting from scratch but the man faced some pretty difficult obstacles. Not making excuses for him cause last year was pretty disappointing to me personally. But when you put down the pitchforks and take a step back and see the reality of the situation you can see that he wasn’t just picking up where Napier left off. I think there’s an obvious improvement in the team this year. And I think we’ll only get better moving forward. Now will that be enough to keep up with the rest of the belt? I don’t know. I sure hope so though!
    This current team is very young. We just need to find a way to make sure guys like Zeon, Harvey, and Zyland are here 4 years.

2. Default Re: Attendance vs Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    This current team is very young. We just need to find a way to make sure guys like Zeon, Harvey, and Zyland are here 4 years.
    . . . that's a million dollar wish list . . .

With Zylan putting the ball on the turf yet again this past weekend, I’m far from concerned about him leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I have no clue what the attendance will be. I will be there because my fandom doesn’t stop when the team loses. JMV won’t be there because this team isn’t exciting or consistent enough for him.
    I will be there as well!

I think he’s learning on the job. This ain’t Billy’s sun belt either. Billy squeaked by lots of schitty teams. These teams are pretty damn good. We are just getting beat by better teams at this point. I think that will change cause I believe Mike will do better.
    This is a very unrecognized point. We may be better than last year and better than some of BN's teams yet have a worse record. The Sun Belt Conference is rated much better than anytime during BN's tenure.

I still want to win, I just recognize every game will be tough because of the opposition being better.

I think the USM attendance will suprise some, I know of several people from MS coast that told me that they were making the trip and Hattiesburg is a fairly easy trip to Lafayette and any fans from opposing teams is better than what we normally get

7. Default Re: Attendance vs Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I think the USM attendance will suprise some, I know of several people from MS coast that told me that they were making the trip and Hattiesburg is a fairly easy trip to Lafayette and any fans from opposing teams is better than what we normally get
    That will be cool.

8. Default Re: Attendance vs Southern Miss

. . . So Miss probably learned that they need to come to CF to see how things should really be done . . .

The So Miss people will appreciate the short walk from the free lot to the stadium. If you don’t have a parking permit in H-burg you are walking a very log way to the stadium.

Napier, graduation and the portal also gutted us. It wasn’t starting from scratch but the man faced some pretty difficult obstacles. Not making excuses for him cause last year was pretty disappointing to me personally. But when you put down the pitchforks and take a step back and see the reality of the situation you can see that he wasn’t just picking up where Napier left off. I think there’s an obvious improvement in the team this year. And I think we’ll only get better moving forward. Now will that be enough to keep up with the rest of the belt? I don’t know. I sure hope so though!
    Two things one is I thought we hired CMD so we wouldn't have attrition other than what Napier took. Two maybe if we hired outside that coach might have brought in some quality players from his old team but we'll never know.

11. Default Re: Attendance vs Southern Miss

. . . or maybe CMD would have gone somewhere else and brought additional players with him . . . but like you said, we never will know . . .

Ridiculous to be having this prediction thread with 2 games before this one. 6-3 would look a lot more appealing than 4-5.

13. Default Re: Attendance vs Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Ridiculous to be having this prediction thread with 2 games before this one. 6-3 would look a lot more appealing than 4-5.
    . . . it was started for ill will by someone who was being put in a crack here . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I remember CMD saying 4-6, 4 weeks ago.
    Ben had surgery recently. Things did not progress with his injury as hoped. Coach Dez said that At QB club last Thursday. I did not share that at the time since I was not sure he was ready for that information to be made public. Now that people know he is out for the year, No problem in giving more information. Ben can return next season if he desires with a medical redshirt. That would be a seventh year however. No idea if he has any interest in doing that.

The So Miss people will appreciate the short walk from the free lot to the stadium. If you don’t have a parking permit in H-burg you are walking a very log way to the stadium.
    We had a nice short walk ( 1 block)last year at no cost to park. Just had to promise to return post game and have a few more drinks.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information