Thread: Why Louisiana football struggled early vs. porous Georgia State defense

1. UL Football Why Louisiana football struggled early vs. porous Georgia State defense

Louisiana had 34 passing yards by halftime against Georgia State.

The Panthers feasted early and often, getting freshman quarterback Zeon Chriss, who took an inexplicable amount of hits through the first two quarters, and in many instances had to tuck and run to save himself.

Default Re: Why Louisiana football struggled early vs. porous Georgia State defense

34 yards

Default Re: Why Louisiana football struggled early vs. porous Georgia State defense

Do I need to state the obvious? The coaching staff had a terrible game plan. Their scripted series, which they are generally phenomenal with, was crap. Never attack what the defense gave us.

Worst called game by a Cajuns staff since Baldwin.

Effort and execution on the defensive side of the ball in the first half was garbage. Second half was excellent on that side the ball.

I’d grade nearly every game he’s coached as a B.

5 exceptions:
    Rice F
    USM first half F
    South Al C
    Troy C

GaSt was a D+ thanks to Morgan and the defense

That's generous, C4L. We don't have the athletes we used to have, and we certainly don't have the coaching staff we used to have. We USL'd this hire. I said that 15 minutes after I heard the news. Not that I do not love Mike and the rest of those guys as people, but they ain't getting it done.

Get used to what you saw Saturday night. It will not change.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    That's generous, C4L. We don't have the athletes we used to have, and we certainly don't have the coaching staff we used to have. We USL'd this hire. I said that 15 minutes after I heard the news. Not that I do not love Mike and the rest of those guys as people, but they ain't getting it done.

Get used to what you saw Saturday night. It will not change.
    Jury is still out…. Easy to say we USL’d this hirer when you have CDS, but we need to take a step back and let this play out… this team can literally finish 9-3 and make the conference championship. This team still controls its own destiny.

Maybe there was no update to the qb1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Do I need to state the obvious? The coaching staff had a terrible game plan. Their scripted series, which they are generally phenomenal with, was crap. Never attack what the defense gave us.

Worst called game by a Cajuns staff since Baldwin.

Effort and execution on the defensive side of the ball in the first half was garbage. Second half was excellent on that side the ball.
    I agree bad Coaching play calling. Their pass plays were designed to be less than 50% catchable. No tight end use.

I’m really discouraged about our offensive coaching staff.

to the defensive side, holding them to only 20 points.

Our offensive couldn’t pass block or open holes for running backs. Gonna be a dismal rest of season

Some of u need to take your opinions and move them over to FB Cajun Fan Page...lots of coaching wanna be's there...

Thread Information