Thread: Winners are so hard to define

1. Default Winners are so hard to define

I have heard some say that Jake was good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. After watching a couple games this year and listening to all, I totally disagree.

Not only is he starting QB material, but he is exactly what the Panthers needed this year and what the Saints needed at the end of last year.

Clearly he can guide a ship, which is what good starting QB's do.

By the way Jake is:

2. 6-2 as a starter.
  3. 1-0 in coming off the bench in the lost cause comeback, for a win.
  4. 1-0 on saves

All I know is that winners are hard to define, yet I know Jake is a winner.

5. Default

I agree 100%. I have to say, though, that I hope to see his accuracy increase a bit. I was only able to listen to the game on the radio, but it sounds as if he was a little erratic. I know he stays poised and will not cost his team a game, but I'd like to see him take over and win some. He's in the mold of Trent Dilfer right now, but I hope and think he can develop in to a whole lot more.

Jake really makes me think. I honestly don't see All-Star qualities in him, although I do think he can hold his own. I think that his bioggest strength is the intangibles he brings to the team. Unfortuantely, I still think he'll be fighting for his job after this season. Carolina will be looking for a stronger QB after this season.

Thread Information