Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The main reason attendance is down is because every time UL has a big game they crap their pants & act like They never played football before...
    I'm sorry did the Cajuns ____ their pants last Saturday when they played on national TV vs Texas State?3

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I'm sorry did the Cajuns ____ their pants last Saturday when they played on national TV vs Texas State?
    I don't know. was it homecoming last weekend? And fret not Mr. President of the Cajun association. Your chair is nice & cool as well.

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

I don't know. was it homecoming last weekend ______?
    That is not what you said.....See below Douchebag.

"The main reason attendance is down is because every time UL has a big game they crap their pants & act like They never played football before."

I just asked a simple question about national TV and ____ting their pants as you stated.

Man, how good is your hero Trevor Penning doing for the Saints, he got benched for a guy who was on the streets two weeks ago. Penning might be the biggest bust in Saints history.

Another time that Kyle was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Let's try something. Let's do a little thought experiment.

What happens when lsubr loses a few games? Their crowds are cut in half.
    What happens when they have a losing season? Their stadium is empty.
    What would happen if they were in the SBC? They would average about 25k home attendance, maybe.

We need to quit acting like something is terribly wrong with people of Acadiana for not selling out Cajun Field. It is clear that the people of South Louisiana will not spend too much time and money following less than SEC level football. I'm not saying UL should be playing SEC level football. I am saying that the people look at UL every year and make a decision. Is it worth it?

This is a purely business decision. They feel no connection to UL. Who's fault is that? Who was/is responsible for the football program at UL?

Ask that entity why they have failed to make and keep connections to the college football fans of South Louisiana. Or, do they even care about athletics? Does it bother them at all?
    You sir make a very good point. I will say this. I had business to attend to which brought me across the campus at University Street Saturday afternoon around 3 o'clock. Had I not known already that it was homecoming, I certainly could not have known by any signage, or recognition that there was any event going on at the university street side of the campus.

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

WOW!

Well that comment sure "disappeared" pretty fast. LOL

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Well that comment sure "disappeared" pretty fast. LOL
    Well, I get it, Turbine is trying to make sure things don't escalate and Kyle escalates things way too fast.

The main reason attendance is down is because every time UL has a big game they crap their pants & act like They never played football before. I didn't attend the game, didn't see the game on TV & didn't listen to the game. But from reading this thread it sounds almost like an exact carbon copy of last year's homecoming game. Wasn't that South Alabama? Wasn't the score 20-17? Didn't the team look like complete dog crap the whole miserable first half? Didn't they try to mount a comeback after half the crowd had left? Didn't they only mount that comeback only to fall flat on their faces & lose in the end giving everyone in the stadium the feeling of OMG, why do I put myself through this year after, after year, after year game, after game, after game?

It's a merry go round of misery. And you could give away the tickets & charge 50 cents a beer & free hot dogs for people as long as they attend the whole game & they still won't go. Why? Because people absolutely can not stand getting their hopes up only to know for a fact that they are going to be completely let down & disappointed.

So you can blame the administration, you can blame the alumni, you can blame the community, you can blame the city, you can blame the state. But at some point the coaches & the players on the field are ultimately responsible for not getting the job done. This team has passed that point a long, long, long time ago. Change your ways on the field & you might eventually regain the trust of the community. Win the games you must win & put forth an exciting product on the field & people won't be able to stop talking about you. Do it not & the results are overwhelmingly evident to behold.
    You, by your own admission, didn’t see or hear the game, but you feel qualified to comment on it. Go away.

Historical attendance

Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

. . . we are an 18,000 fan institution for football with ups and downs based upon special anomalies . . . it is what it is . . .

. . . lafman, you and BWK need to have a beer together . . . you two would probably enjoy each other . . .

to me the big question from Sat night was the overturned calls, what was 2 or 3 fumbles that were given back to the other team, where were they getting these great camera angles from to overturn calls, especially since the only camera I saw in the stadium was the raised one in the endzone, there were none of the platform moveable sideling cameras like they have in lots of the national tv games, so where did they get those angles to overturn calls. That and lots of calls against us that were ghost calls especially on the pass interference.

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    to me the big question from Sat night was the overturned calls, what was 2 or 3 fumbles that were given back to the other team, where were they getting these great camera angles from to overturn calls, especially since the only camera I saw in the stadium was the raised one in the endzone, there were none of the platform moveable sideling cameras like they have in lots of the national tv games, so where did they get those angles to overturn calls. That and lots of calls against us that were ghost calls especially on the pass interference.
    . . . you stay true to form . . . never been an official you have liked . . .

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . you stay true to form . . . never been an official you have liked . . .
    Who is your favorite?

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Who is your favorite?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Bonin

He is from Broussard, LA . . .

and you stay true to form, I asked a question and you gave a ____ty answer, have people ever seen that many calls overturned and where were the cameras use to make the reviews since the normal camera placements weren't there.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information