Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I haven’t watched the replay yet. Was the ball under thrown? It looked like he could have thrown it over the defenders…basically dropping it in the breadbasket.
    From where I was sitting (haven't watched the replay, yet) it was either underthrown or he just didn't see that defender. Looked like he could have easily thrown it to the back corner where only Peter could have caught it.

I haven’t watched the replay yet. Was the ball under thrown? It looked like he could have thrown it over the defenders…basically dropping it in the breadbasket.
    I'm not sure if it was underthrown because the receiver was near the side of the EZ so not sure if he'd had time to drop it over the defender but it wasn't behind him. Also, people don't say this was a coaching issue but we refuse to work Johnson and Carter along the seams of a defense where they could really do damage. Not getting those guys more involved is just plain silly. Especially in the RZ.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm not sure if it was underthrown because the receiver was near the side of the EZ so not sure if he'd had time to drop it over the defender but it wasn't behind him. Also, people don't say this was a coaching issue but we refuse to work Johnson and Carter along the seams of a defense where they could really do damage. Not getting those guys more involved is just plain silly. Especially in the RZ.
    And where are the crossing routes?

The ball was certainly not on the money. The kid caught it at the end of the “L” in the endzone. Peter was damn near to the sideline a good 5 yards behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    From where I was sitting (haven't watched the replay, yet) it was either underthrown or he just didn't see that defender. Looked like he could have easily thrown it to the back corner where only Peter could have caught it.
    On a side note, Sunbelt refs are still awful and among the worst anywhere. They were clueless on many plays, couldn't spot the ball, and the non roughing the punter was one of the most obvious and worst calls I've ever seen.

And where are the crossing routes?
    When you get beat at the LOS you don't have time to run the full route tree. Almost every pass is rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    On a side note, Sunbelt refs are still awful and among the worst anywhere. They were clueless on many plays, couldn't spot the ball, and the non roughing the punter was one of the most obvious and worst calls I've ever seen.
    Ever seen? I have seen plenty worse calls.

Sunbelt baseball and softball umpires are also awful.

Pretty par for the course. The calls didn’t bother me so much as the reviews. The game is supposed to be quicker but with the reviews, officials time outs it’s not enjoyable to sit through. Last night was particularly bad. Counted 4 or 5 reviews?

Wish we would get to see the replays in the stadium. My eyes were already downfield and didn't see it. Just showing replays would go a long way in improving the GameDay experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    The ball was certainly not on the money. The kid caught it at the end of the “L” in the endzone. Peter was damn near to the sideline a good 5 yards behind him.
    Yeah, that is how I remember it. Basically under thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Pretty par for the course. The calls didn’t bother me so much as the reviews. The game is supposed to be quicker but with the reviews, officials time outs it’s not enjoyable to sit through. Last night was particularly bad. Counted 4 or 5 reviews?
    If there are that many reviews, it means the zebras are missing lots of calls. It is frustrating when the reviewed plays are not replayed.

That is exactly what I saw too! Brutal way to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    If the defender is not there, its on the money. Would he have had time to add air to it and drop in over the defender? Not sure with Peter being near the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If the defender is not there, its on the money. Would he have had time to add air to it and drop in over the defender? Not sure with Peter being near the sideline.
    Good to know. I wasn’t sure if it would be accurate regardless. I’ll watch the replay later.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread Information