Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Some of you seem to forget that the other team gets to play too. Coaches made the correct adjustments and the guys fought back. Mistake by Z AND a good play by the DB. The sky is not falling.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Des has a record of 11-10 at UL and you calling that winning?
    I think Billy was 12-9 at this point of his career…

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Easy throws that Zeon made hard catches. A good QB on most of those hits them in stride where they are not jumping or stretched out for the ball. Many poor throws last night.
    To put the blame just on Zeon is wrong. I lost count of how many dropped passes there were. Receivers should be able to make plays on less than perfect throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Some of you seem to forget that the other team gets to play too. Coaches made the correct adjustments and the guys fought back. Mistake by Z AND a good play by the DB. The sky is not falling.
    I have to agree with you. I really like the play call. Maybe have Zeon roll out there but the WR/TE was open in the flats. If Zeon gets the ball over the defenders we are all celebrating and talking about back to back miraculous comebacks.

The first half was just awful, but we adjusted and absolutely shut down GAST. It sucks but somebody had to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    This.

Don’t be surprised if this time next year Zeon is playing for Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze. Imagine what those two offensive minds could do with that kid!
    I’d be surprised personally

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    We will always have a young team. If you think Zeon and Broussard are here for 4 years, your just not paying attention to today's college football world.
    Been paying attention. We’re still a young team.

Defense played extremely well. Held a team averaging 36.1 points per game coming into the game to 20 points. Any of us on this board would've taken that number before kickoff.

This game was WON by Georgia State in two areas: Their DL shutdown our run game outside of ZC scrambles, making our OL look pedestrian. They also changed their looks up in coverage and confused ZC.

This is the blueprint on how to beat the Cajuns right now, take away the running game (of the running backs) and force ZC to beat you with his arm.

The good news is that they ran the blueprint extremely well and the Cajuns STILL had a chance to win that game.

This isn't being outcoached, it is being out executed at the point of attack.

How can/could Des adjust? Maybe a few more 1st down pass calls to get 4-6 yards to loosen up the box a little.

I will say it again, the play call at the end of the game was fine. LeBlanc was open from the player(s) assigned to cover him. ZC stared him down and allowed the defender covering the flat receiver to totally abandon that coverage and intercept the ball.

If it was me, I would've run the same play to Marshall that scored the previous TD, but either way, I am trying to score a TD to win the game with a pass, I am not running the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Defense played extremely well. Held a team averaging 36.1 points per game coming into the game to 20 points. Any of us on this board would've taken that number before kickoff.

This game was WON by Georgia State in two areas: Their DL shutdown our run game outside of ZC scrambles, making our OL look pedestrian. They also changed their looks up in coverage and confused ZC.

This is the blueprint on how to beat the Cajuns right now, take away the running game (of the running backs) and force ZC to beat you with his arm.

The good news is that they ran the blueprint extremely well and the Cajuns STILL had a chance to win that game.

How can/could Des adjust? Maybe a few more 1st down pass calls to get 4-6 yards to loosen up the box a little.

I will say it again, the play call at the end of the game was fine. LeBlanc was open from the player(s) assigned to cover him. ZC stared him down and allowed the defender covering the flat receiver to totally abandon that coverage and intercept the ball.

If it was me, I would've run the same play to Marshall that scored the previous TD, but either way, I am trying to score a TD to win the game with a pass, I am not running the ball.
    Excellent points. No one would have been ok with playing for OT.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Brutal way to lose! Play calling has to be better… Zeon did not do well in the pass game tonight, but our receivers weren’t much help….on the bright side defense made half time adjustments! Also people forget that this team can still go 9-3. We have the horses to do that!
    No we don't

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Message to Zeon and future quarterbacks: Stay away from upper body work outs (on your off weeks) you arm accuracy can't afford muscle memory amnesia in the middle of the season.

Geaux for it in the off season.
    This stupid argument again?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If Zeon Chriss' arm and brain were communicating like they were two weeks ago . Louisiana Wins this game going away.
    So, it was the workouts in the off week huh? Not the defense putting 8 and 9 in the box and sending guys on almost every play to make him release early? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So, it was the workouts in the off week huh? Not the defense putting 8 and 9 in the box and sending guys on almost every play to make him release early? Got it.
    One of the worst plays was letting them score on third and goal from the 24. Total lapse on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    On the last play if the guy doesn’t pick it it is still 2 feet behind the WR. He needed to throw that more to the corner of the end zone an let the WR go get it.
    This is absolutely wrong. If you watched the game on TV and watched the view from behind ZC, the ball was on the money had there been nobody there. It had nothing to do with being behind him. He just stared down the WR and somebody jumped the read. Bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post

Played well in the second half. Played like ____ in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This is absolutely wrong. If you watched the game on TV and watched the view from behind ZC, the ball was on the money had there been nobody there. It had nothing to do with being behind him. He just stared down the WR and somebody jumped the read. Bad decision.
    I haven’t watched the replay yet. Was the ball under thrown? It looked like he could have thrown it over the defenders…basically dropping it in the breadbasket.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information