Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: RP - Help Identify Pro UL Businesses

Default Re: RP - Help Identify Pro UL Businesses

Quote Originally Posted by cwl1951 View Post
    A kind correction: Marius Haydel - Farm Bureau Insurance
    You are correct and I knew that. My mind was thinking Farm Bureau but my fingers typed something else.

Default Re: RP--Looking for Help?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The owner of PCS Supply in Broussard is a huge Cajun supporter and regular poster here. If you are in need of BBQ supplies or hardware, you should support them.
    That’s a great store to browse around in (and buy stuff I wasn’t planning on buying).

This should not be viewed as competition but instead as a way of partnering with business that support the Cajuns
    I agree. But what would the "RCAF" be mad at? The collective actually goes out and solicits donors? LoL! Dave, do you have the RCAF membership numbers over the years showing what their growth has been? I bet it's embarrassing.

Couple more.Singleton, Kellner, Bolding, Avant & Associates, LLC (CPA's) and United Vision Logistics

Guidry's Hardware on Jefferson

6. Default Re: RP--Looking for Help?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I agree. But what would the "RCAF" be mad at? The collective actually goes out and solicits donors? LoL! Dave, do you have the RCAF membership numbers over the years showing what their growth has been? I bet it's embarrassing.
    I don't have those numbers. I know initially they were great and growing YOY, but I would bet the last few have not been as good. The NIL is a grassroots group, everyone that has been asked to be on the committee, is a volunteer, we do this in our spare time, not as a job, we do it with passion because we love our university and our athletes and our coaches and want to help. I have met some incredible people through this, that I did not know before I started.

I encourage everyone to go to the www.kreweallons.com website and donate as little as $10/month. Every little bit that we get helps grow this collective and ultimately helps us keep these athletes here, which in turn helps grow our brand. I am an RCAF donor, not at a ridiculous level at a very modest level, because it is what I can afford to give. With my circumstances with my job, I have not given to the collective (YET), but I have given my time and once I am back to where we need to be work wise, I will also be giving to the collective.

At some point in my life, I want to drive around Lafayette and feel the pride in our local businesses that I feel when I drive around Greenville, NC, Boone, NC and other towns across the country. We need to have every company that supports the Cajuns post on social media how much they support their local teams.

I know I am a forever optimist, but I think we can get there. And I am ready to roll up my sleeves and do what it takes to get there, do you want to be part of the problem or the solution. For all of those that say Martin Hall is the problem, join the collective, we are not managed by Martin Hall, this is a separate group that works with the coaches and athletes under the guise of the rules of what a collective can do.

If you want to see Athlete A in Football, Athlete B in basketball, Athlete C in Softball and baseball or even down to the Olympic sports thrive here, then support the collective, if you want to see guys like Pedescleaux, Brown, Fleming, etc have a chance to want to stay here this is the best way to do so.

We won't keep every player here, it is impossible with the state of the NIL deals and transfer portals, but I will say this right now. We have athletes here that are coveted by other schools, P5, G5 and everywhere in between. If we want them to stay here, we need to give them a reason to do so.

If you were at the DoubleTree event last week and had a chance to spend 5 minutes with any of the basketball players that were in attendance (as I did, I think I spoke to at least 6 of them personally) these kids thought this was the greatest thing they had ever seen and it was all about them. This was personal for them, they saw the support the community can give to them. There were smiles from ear to ear on these young men. I spoke to 3 different men's basketball coaches that night as well and they all said the same thing.1st class event and we need to keep the momentum going and we will. I am committed, the committee is committed, and our leader is committed. We will have no weak link in this group, the person that got me involved is quickly becoming a very good friend and he will tell you; we barely knew each other before he asked me to be a part of this.

He does post here occasionally, and I will tell you, his entire family is committed to the success of this university. We need more like him.

Sorry for the rant, but I love this group and I am becoming more and more passionate about it.

I don't have those numbers. I know initially they were great and growing YOY, but I would bet the last few have not been as good. The NIL is a grassroots group, everyone that has been asked to be on the committee, is a volunteer, we do this in our spare time, not as a job, we do it with passion because we love our university and our athletes and our coaches and want to help. I have met some incredible people through this, that I did not know before I started.

I encourage everyone to go to the www.kreweallons.com website and donate as little as $10/month. Every little bit that we get helps grow this collective and ultimately helps us keep these athletes here, which in turn helps grow our brand. I am an RCAF donor, not at a ridiculous level at a very modest level, because it is what I can afford to give. With my circumstances with my job, I have not given to the collective (YET), but I have given my time and once I am back to where we need to be work wise, I will also be giving to the collective.

At some point in my life, I want to drive around Lafayette and feel the pride in our local businesses that I feel when I drive around Greenville, NC, Boone, NC and other towns across the country. We need to have every company that supports the Cajuns post on social media how much they support their local teams.

I know I am a forever optimist, but I think we can get there. And I am ready to roll up my sleeves and do what it takes to get there, do you want to be part of the problem or the solution. For all of those that say Martin Hall is the problem, join the collective, we are not managed by Martin Hall, this is a separate group that works with the coaches and athletes under the guise of the rules of what a collective can do.

If you want to see Athlete A in Football, Athlete B in basketball, Athlete C in Softball and baseball or even down to the Olympic sports thrive here, then support the collective, if you want to see guys like Pedescleaux, Brown, Fleming, etc have a chance to want to stay here this is the best way to do so.

We won't keep every player here, it is impossible with the state of the NIL deals and transfer portals, but I will say this right now. We have athletes here that are coveted by other schools, P5, G5 and everywhere in between. If we want them to stay here, we need to give them a reason to do so.

If you were at the DoubleTree event last week and had a chance to spend 5 minutes with any of the basketball players that were in attendance (as I did, I think I spoke to at least 6 of them personally) these kids thought this was the greatest thing they had ever seen and it was all about them. This was personal for them, they saw the support the community can give to them. There were smiles from ear to ear on these young men. I spoke to 3 different men's basketball coaches that night as well and they all said the same thing.1st class event and we need to keep the momentum going and we will. I am committed, the committee is committed, and our leader is committed. We will have no weak link in this group, the person that got me involved is quickly becoming a very good friend and he will tell you; we barely knew each other before he asked me to be a part of this.

He does post here occasionally, and I will tell you, his entire family is committed to the success of this university. We need more like him.

Sorry for the rant, but I love this group and I am becoming more and more passionate about it.
    Amen to all of those Dave!

Under Pressure is another UL sponsor

9. Default Re: RP - Help Identify Pro UL Businesses

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Couple more.Singleton, Kellner, Bolding, Avant & Associates, LLC (CPA's) and United Vision Logistics
    Thanks.

10. Default Re: RP--Looking for Help?

Thanks, I was not familiar with them, looked them up, seems like a cool company based out of Houston, but with a location in Lafayette.

I will add them.

I wonder the percentage of these sponsors either
    A) wear Red when playing certain other schools

And / or

B) sit in a Cajun Venue regardless of who else is playing at the same time somewhere’s else

IMO those are the sponsors I truly care about.

Thanks, I was not familiar with them, looked them up, seems like a cool company based out of Houston, but with a location in Lafayette.

I will add them.
    Reminder to add Tilden-Bonin painting contractors to the list.

13. Default Re: RP--Looking for Help?

Hancock
    Whitney

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information