Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions Square

Louisiana Campus Champions Square

Should UL build a Champions Square like they have at the Superdome?

Default Re: Champions Square

Yes. It's in the plans

3. Default Re: Champions Square

Champions Swamp
    Coop Extention

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Should UL build a Champions Square like they have at the Superdome?
    Yes and the players should walk through the fans down into the stadium for warmups.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Yes and the players should walk through the fans down into the stadium for warmups.
    Of course that would mean the visiting team would be doing the same. Lol

Sounds like fun

6. Default Re: Champions Square

Champions Square would be a great idea.

Sorry but the band under the oak ain't cutting it.

Champions Square will be a tremendous improvement over that Oak and the same people for the last century doing some line dancing or other b.s.

What SMG did at the Dome was remarkable. This thing now hosts straight up concerts, not just Dr.John and Trombone Shorty but even Candlebox, Bush and many others. They cut a square out of this old mall (owned by Bensons), hung up huge images of Drew, Rickey Jackson and a Bud Light (pre Butt Light) structure on one side that sells beer for about 20 bucks a can.

We have the land available and a gameday proven attendance of thousands who will check it out vs walking by an Oak Tree with a stage which I've walked by the last 24 seasons.

Screens up the walls of the structure could play action from around the SBC. Since it doesn't look like we're moving ou the Belt anytime soon, let's go all in and market our conference ourselves. Of course every single brewery of Louisiana would want in on the action (so would our local bars) this attraction could really take off.

And dedicate one screen in the dead center to a live video feed of The Swamp on campus (Cypress Lake)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Of course every single brewery of Louisiana would want in on the action (so would our local bars) this attraction could really take off.
    Fantastic idea but I assume our deal with Sodexo makes this impossible

9. Default Re: Champions Square

... dedicate one screen in the dead center to a live video feed of The Swamp on campus (Cypress Lake)
    YES!

When is this suppose to be done ?

I mean if it is like a tailgate village or something that is a winner in my book with live bands, music, beer and food vendors?

The only thing is it should be put in the NEZ parking lot because that is where the majority of fans will congregate or park, idk if it would work by the tunnel just because of the location? I jus t think it be more accessible in the NEZ parking lot.

11. Default Re: Champions Square

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    When is this suppose to be done ?

I mean if it is like a tailgate village or something that is a winner in my book with live bands, music, beer and food vendors?
    Have to demolish the building at the end of the Swamp Tunnel first.

Sorry but the band under the oak ain't cutting it.

Champions Square will be a tremendous improvement over that Oak and the same people for the last century doing some line dancing or other b.s.

What SMG did at the Dome was remarkable. This thing now hosts straight up concerts, not just Dr.John and Trombone Shorty but even Candlebox, Bush and many others. They cut a square out of this old mall (owned by Bensons), hung up huge images of Drew, Rickey Jackson and a Bud Light (pre Butt Light) structure on one side that sells beer for about 20 bucks a can.

We have the land available and a gameday proven attendance of thousands who will check it out vs walking by an Oak Tree with a stage which I've walked by the last 24 seasons.

Screens up the walls of the structure could play action from around the SBC. Since it doesn't look like we're moving ou the Belt anytime soon, let's go all in and market our conference ourselves. Of course every single brewery of Louisiana would want in on the action (so would our local bars) this attraction could really take off.

And dedicate one screen in the dead center to a live video feed of The Swamp on campus (Cypress Lake)
    Am I correct in assuming this will be in the area where the Cox building is once it is torn down? Would be great if we could relocate the tennis facility to make that area even larger. This would connect be centered within the football stadium, baseball stadium, IPF & APC and even the softball facility.

I would like to suggest that we include:

1. A smaller version of the FDL like the one in the quad on campus to connect the athletic and academic campuses.
    2. Brick the area with a separate brick for each football letterman, like we do for alumni in the quad area. This could really connect with football lettermen from past years. We could do the same for each sport at each facility.
    3. This would really create an awesome athletic complex and used for multiple sports and events.
    4. If this expanded development of a Champions Square is not in the stadium budget, do a separate fund raising for that alone. I bet lettermen would support it and fans and alumni would as well.
    5. This would give us one of the most awesome athletic complexes in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Am I correct in assuming this will be in the area where the Cox building is once it is torn down? Would be great if we could relocate the tennis facility to make that area even larger. This would connect be centered within the football stadium, baseball stadium, IPF & APC and even the softball facility.

I would like to suggest that we include:

1. A smaller version of the FDL like the one in the quad on campus to connect the athletic and academic campuses.
    2. Brick the area with a separate brick for each football letterman, like we do for alumni in the quad area. This could really connect with football lettermen from past years. We could do the same for each sport at each facility.
    3. This would really create an awesome athletic complex and used for multiple sports and events.
    4. If this expanded development of a Champions Square is not in the stadium budget, do a separate fund raising for that alone. I bet lettermen would support it and fans and alumni would as well.
    5. This would give us one of the most awesome athletic complexes in the country.
    Yes I agree move the tennis courts, and anything non-essential and make that area as big as possible !

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Yes I agree move the tennis courts, and anything non-essential and make that area as big as possible !
    Not sure why the cox building is still in use. Assuming they need the office space for something? Where will those people go once it is torn down? Based on USLing this it may not happen anytime soon unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Not sure why the cox building is still in use. Assuming they need the office space for something? Where will those people go once it is torn down? Based on USLing this it may not happen anytime soon unfortunately.
    Administration offices as well as a dining area for athletes (in old weight room space) are 2 current uses. These 2 functions supposedly will be moved to the future east side tower

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information