Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Check Out These Ticket Prices.

Default Re: Check this out!

I bet that’s a special

Cajun Field tickets start at $19 for the "nosebleeds". but again NOBODY in any department is trying to make it known that you can buy tickets at the ticket office without paying 90% more in fees, probably because a line of 200 people there would have them jammed up just like everywhere else

Ticketmaster has probably run off more casuals than any other GameDay screw-up

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Cajun Field tickets start at $19 for the "nosebleeds". but again NOBODY in any department is trying to make it known that you can buy tickets at the ticket office without paying 90% more in fees, probably because a line of 200 people there would have them jammed up just like everywhere else

Nailed it

It’s a mess even when we run specials like this as our fans have to drive to the Cajundome during the week to take advantage or wait in a line at the stadium. Having people deciding right up until game time if they want to attend when they are comfortable on the couch is maybe the worst business model you could have in this day and age.

This is very accurate.

Last year I didn't have basketball season tickets for the first time in a long time. (I have them again for this upcoming season) When I wanted to go to some single games and went to check out on ticketmaster and the price basically doubled, I quickly changed my mind and decided not to go

There needs to be a better way. When the Cajun chicken promo happened last season, people were able to buy tickets online without those crazy fees.

The school has to know what a negative this is on attendance but are likely gag ordered from actively advertising a way around TM fees

8. Default Re: Check this out!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It’s a mess. Having people deciding right up until game time if they want to attend when they are comfortable on the couch is maybe the worst business model you could have in this day and age.
    Never thought of that but you, are 100% correct.

Knowing what you are going to do weeks in advance is why I have always said "Louisiana Saturday Night" is the only sure fire way to attendance success.

There may be, another avenue but creating a model that dictates deciding at the last minute is a guaranteed recipe for failure.

Default Re: Check Out These Ticket Prices.

I've never really understood what people who do ticket pricing math are thinking.

Right now we're averaging 15K at what.probably $50/ticket average?

Slash it. Get to 30K at $25/ticket average (with some of those being very cheap single game/day of tickets.

Ticket revenue to the university is the same. Ticketmaster makes more money (more fees since more tickets are sold). Concessions makes more money. Retail makes more money.

Everyone wins. And no one gets worse. SLASH THE PRICES.

And before anyone gets all fact-checky on this.yes, i know that attendance won't double if we reduce prices. But you can't quantify the effect without trying.

Buddy of mine was going to go to the Texas State game. He changed his mind at the last minute when he was going to pay $19 for one ticket, but then Ticketmaster added the fees and taxes to make the total to around $40. I told him to buy tickets to this game at the gate.which we don't advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It’s a mess even when we run specials like this as our fans have to drive to the Cajundome during the week to take advantage or wait in a line at the stadium. Having people deciding right up until game time if they want to attend when they are comfortable on the couch is maybe the worst business model you could have in this day and age.
    Another thing that’s frustrating about this, we had to (HAD TO) move to mobile ticketing this year. “Everyone else does it. It’s 2023.” Why is it only 2023 when it’s something that our fans don’t want? Why is it not 2023 when we ask why our people can’t use the most convenient option (on their phone at the same price) to purchase tickets?

I know someone is gonna point out our ticketing going through the Cajundome who uses Ticketmaster, and we can’t control that. Which is another can of worms that is hard to get from an outsider’s point of view. You ask athletics about something: “Oh that’s on the university.” How are the left and the right hand still not talking? Do these two not see the benefit gained from working in conjunction? It’s craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I've never really understood what people who do ticket pricing math are thinking.

Slash it. Get to 30K at $25/ticket average (with some of those being very cheap single game/day of tickets.

Ticket revenue to the university is the same. Ticketmaster makes more money (more fees since more tickets are sold). Concessions makes more money. Retail makes more money.

And before anyone gets all fact-checky on this.yes, i know that attendance won't double if we reduce prices. But you can't quantify the effect without trying.
    I've said this many times before and I will say it again. Admin does not understand ECON 101. Raising prices and fees when you dont have the demand is stupid.

I said this last week when people were talking about Festivals Acadiens. Its a free festival but generates millions of dollars for the economy. Its simple. Find a way to get people to an event and they will spend money.

I probably spent more money at a free festival last weekend than I did during the entire baseball season and UL football games so far this year. I'm a season ticket holder for both sports but pretty much limit my spending inside the stadium to a couple beers and peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Buddy of mine was going to go to the Texas State game. He changed his mind at the last minute when he was going to pay $19 for one ticket, but then Ticketmaster added the fees and taxes to make the total to around $40. I told him to buy tickets to this game at the gate.which we don't advertise.
    And this is the critical flaw in our current set up. Getting tickets at the gate is a workaround to a bad system, not a desired solution.

Your friend had all the way up until game time to decide not to go. Whereas if he could pay walk up prices online, the purchase would’ve been made. Even if he decides not to go, we’ve got the money. We live in the era of cancelled plans. I can’t remember which, but there’s a comedian who has an entire bit about how satisfying it is to cancel plans and just stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post

Even if 1,000 more people show up at $25/ticket, that's $25,000 more than if 0 show up at $50/ticket. But hey, what do I know? I only took a handful of ECON classes at UL.

15. Default Re: Check Out These Ticket Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Even if 1,000 more people show up at $25/ticket, that's $25,000 more than if 0 show up at $50/ticket. But hey, what do I know? I only took a handful of ECON classes at UL.
    I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I agree with you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information