Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Check Out These Ticket Prices.

1. Default Re: Check Out These Ticket Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Even if 1,000 more people show up at $25/ticket, that's $25,000 more than if 0 show up at $50/ticket. But hey, what do I know? I only took a handful of ECON classes at UL.
    I don't know what your benchmark is, but lets say its 15,000 and 5000 more, show up than said 15,000.

That's $250,000 less in gate revenue.

However once in the gates if those 5,000 spend $50 on food and apparel it equalizes. Thats high I know, just showing what it would take to balance the current money grab.

However If any or a few among those 5000 become long term supporters they exceed the $lost $25 in ticket revenue.

Default Re: Check Out These Ticket Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I've never really understood what people who do ticket pricing math are thinking.

Right now we're averaging 15K at what.probably $50/ticket average?

Slash it. Get to 30K at $25/ticket average (with some of those being very cheap single game/day of tickets.

Ticket revenue to the university is the same. Ticketmaster makes more money (more fees since more tickets are sold). Concessions makes more money. Retail makes more money.

Everyone wins. And no one gets worse. SLASH THE PRICES.

And before anyone gets all fact-checky on this.yes, i know that attendance won't double if we reduce prices. But you can't quantify the effect without trying.
    What happens when you slash it and realize it isn’t the price that’s causing the apathy and you still get just 15k?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    What happens when you slash it and realize it isn’t the price that’s causing the apathy and you still get just 15k?
    then you put it back. Pretty simple economics, find the maximum value point.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I paid 10 dollars for a game in Erath last year. Does the AAC value themselves like AAA football in La?

I could see 10 dollar tickets for the age groups that used to qualify for the YRCC passes a few years ago, but no longer do. Which would be 10 bucks for all kids over I think 5 until they graduate high school.

I've never really understood what people who do ticket pricing math are thinking.

Right now we're averaging 15K at what.probably $50/ticket average?

Slash it. Get to 30K at $25/ticket average (with some of those being very cheap single game/day of tickets.

Ticket revenue to the university is the same. Ticketmaster makes more money (more fees since more tickets are sold). Concessions makes more money. Retail makes more money.

Everyone wins. And no one gets worse. SLASH THE PRICES.

And before anyone gets all fact-checky on this.yes, i know that attendance won't double if we reduce prices. But you can't quantify the effect without trying.
    Curious as to where you getting the 50 dollar average cost from. I buy 4 pretty good season tickets every year. This year I paid when figured per game 25.22 per. If you want to figure the PSD (or what ever they call it)charge with that it comes to 29.32 per. So for 50 to be an average where are these 75 dollar or higher per game seats?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Curious as to where you getting the 50 dollar average cost from. I buy 4 pretty good season tickets every year. This year I paid when figured per game 25.22 per. If you want to figure the PSD (or what ever they call it)charge with that it comes to 29.32 per. So for 50 to be an average where are these 75 dollar or higher per game seats?
    I just went and looked at 5 tickets in Section B for this Saturday. $43.01 per ticket once the fees were tacked on. Tickets were $28.75 before fees. Without the fees, I could have purchased almost 3 more tickets at $28.75 a piece.

GA tickets were $33.25 with the fees ($19.25 without fees). Without the fees, I could have purchased almost 4 more tickets at $19.25 a piece.

Total guess. I just assumed that because I buy single game endzone tickets for $25, the average has got to be a good bit higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    I just went and looked at 5 tickets in Section B for this Saturday. $43.01 per ticket once the fees were tacked on. Tickets were $28.75 before fees. Without the fees, I could have purchased almost 3 more tickets at $28.75 a piece.

GA tickets were $33.25 with the fees ($19.25 without fees). Without the fees, I could have purchased almost 4 more tickets at $19.25 a piece.
    Is that on line pricing? I don’t think those fees are on walk up ticket purchases at the box office. Could be wrong.

Total guess. I just assumed that because I buy single game endzone tickets for $25, the average has got to be a good bit higher than that.
    My season tickets since 1996 are in UF on the isle at about the 35. It is the section when you go to the upper deck the first six rows that go down. Best vantage point in that stadium IMO. I grew up in D2. I get 4 for 25 a piece.

Default Re: Check this out!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It’s a mess even when we run specials like this as our fans have to drive to the Cajundome during the week to take advantage or wait in a line at the stadium.
    Speaking of the Cajundome Box Office, it is only open Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 4PM. So you have to either go on your lunch break or take time off to go there.

It's ridiculous they are not open 8:00 - 5:30 where people could go on their way to work or after work. I guess paying a student minimum wage to cover the 3.5 extra hours a day is too much of an expense. They would probably sell more tickets between 5:00-5:30 than they do from 1:00-4:00.

Anyone else work a 10:00-4:00 schedule at their job?

Is that on line pricing? I don’t think those fees are on walk up ticket purchases at the box office. Could be wrong.
    Online, but that's where the average non-season ticket holder fan will go to first for tickets. These people are not going to show up at Cajun Field without a ticket first. When they see how much extra is tacked on, they make the decision that it is more feasible to stay home.

Slash the prices, do a promo code where UL pays the fees, I don't know. But make the online tickets affordable for people to make the decision to buy tickets before gameday and get them into Cajun Field.

Every Wednesday or Friday night on home-game weekends, do a food truck roundup under the oak tree with a local band, and encourage people while there to buy tickets at the ticket office

Do it right and you could get to the point where you're drawing similar to Rhythms on the River, with bands like Louisiana Red and Soul'd Out.

Take enough cut from the truck vendors to pay for whatever employees you need there

Friday would be cool if you add a "OK the show is over, now the first-come-first-serve tailgate lots are open go stake your claim"

UL could discover a cure for apathy. Problem would be, when they hold a presser to announce a cure for apathy, would people care enough to show up…

I split a family 5 pack of season tickets and sit in the upper deck. My tickets come out to $84 a piece for the year. That’s $14 a game. Who can’t afford that??? You have to buy 5 but we split them 2 for me and 3 for my brother.

I spend double the ticket price on beer at the game because I don’t drink natty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I split a family 5 pack of season tickets and sit in the upper deck. My tickets come out to $84 a piece for the year. That’s $14 a game. Who can’t afford that??? You have to buy 5 but we split them 2 for me and 3 for my brother.

I spend double the ticket price on beer at the game because I don’t drink natty.
    The question is not "who can't afford season tickets!?" . it's "who can USE season tickets?"

I don't know a single family in our demographic (25-40) that can go to every home game. With all the crap the kids have going on we're lucky to go to ANY games.

You've got to offer something for families that wake up Saturday morning and say, "wait. we have NOTHING going on today?! Well let's go to Cajun Field! oh wait it's $140 for the four of us on Ticketmaster."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information