Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No other school has a levee facing the crowd that can display it like Louisiana does so Jr is baseless on this one.

It doesn’t surprise me that she went along with it. Like putty in her hands.
    No you are wrong. On TV it screams FCS or D2. Unless you aspire to be Valdosta st that is never a good look. Plus it would have to move to the north now and used to be in the south. Would displace all the young cajun fans.

2. Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    No you are wrong. On TV it screams FCS or D2. Unless you aspire to be Valdosta st that is never a good look. Plus it would have to move to the north now and used to be in the south. Would displace all the young cajun fans.
    That's a different argument, nothing to do with sports divisions.

Looks like the Greek banishment is providing the desired displaced results.

Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

No you are wrong. On TV it screams FCS or D2.
    Absolutely. Even the Greeks agree.

4. Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Here is a Greek initive at Nebraska in 2017.

https://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/today...ze-greek-life/

90 Greek organizations on campus.

The entire band are members of a Greek org.

Do the Greeks at UL know what kind of atmospheric potential they have?

I don’t necessarily know how to fix all the issues but I would start at the parking lot. I’m an alum, mid-late 90’s, was a Greek and went to just about every football, basketball, baseball and softball game there was (unless I was at drill). I live in a Big 12 city and attend 1-3 games per year. I haven’t been to Cajun Field since 2008 but attend at least one away game per year.

I would create A++ real estate, but not excessively expensive on the home side parking lot. Concentric (lower priced parking) “lots” going out from the premo spots. I love would put the student tailgate in the center or very near the A++ “lot”. Now the students will play their loud music but will also have their young hot girlfriends with them. All spots in each “lot” or zone would be first come first serve.

The most important part of my plan would be to close two of the entrances (probably the student side) to exit only. Force all entrants into one side of the stadium so they have to walk through that A++ zone. As it grows, or if it grows, there is plenty of room on the student side parking lot to open up.

Lastly, have any UPs just stop messing with 18-20 yo having a beer, unless they are trouble.

Get people to the lot for a reasonable price, let them have fun, force them to see those having the most fun, fun ensues, more people want to be a part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Lastly, have any UPs just stop messing with 18-20 yo having a beer, unless they are trouble.
    This by itself would probably quadruple the student tailgate, and definitely help the student attendance

7. Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

I don’t necessarily know how to fix all the issues but I would start at the parking lot. I’m an alum, mid-late 90’s, was a Greek and went to just about every football, basketball, baseball and softball game there was (unless I was at drill). I live in a Big 12 city and attend 1-3 games per year. I haven’t been to Cajun Field since 2008 but attend at least one away game per year.

I would create A++ real estate, but not excessively expensive on the home side parking lot. Concentric (lower priced parking) “lots” going out from the premo spots. I love would put the student tailgate in the center or very near the A++ “lot”. Now the students will play their loud music but will also have their young hot girlfriends with them. All spots in each “lot” or zone would be first come first serve.

The most important part of my plan would be to close two of the entrances (probably the student side) to exit only. Force all entrants into one side of the stadium so they have to walk through that A++ zone. As it grows, or if it grows, there is plenty of room on the student side parking lot to open up.

Get people to the lot for a reasonable price, let them have fun, force them to see those having the most fun, fun ensues, more people want to be a part of the fun.
    Well thought out.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I have been to multiple games at Troy and parking as close as blackham is to the SE gate would have been awesome. Over there you drive in a neighborhood looking for something on the street or people that are charging for yard parking.
    How many schools have stadium parking for the entire fan base? People park a mile away to go to an LSU game and don't complain. Walking from Blackham to Cajun Field is nothing. If there was tailgating all along the way no one would care. Open the park to tailgating and have activities there. Attending a UL football game should be an event like going to a festival and it doesn't matter where you park. Make the game day atmosphere something special, open up parking all the way from Cajun Field to Blackham and watch support explode. Changing game day atmosphere is the key and must be addressed.

9. Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

. . . very well thought out for someone in their mid 90’s . . . interested in being president of the United States . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Here is a Greek initive at Nebraska in 2017.

https://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/today...ze-greek-life/

90 Greek organizations on campus.

The entire band are members of a Greek org.

Do the Greeks at UL know what kind of atmospheric potential they have?
    You should send that to T Joe and the Deans in the Student Affairs office. I assume they still call it that?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    How many schools have stadium parking for the entire fan base? People park a mile away to go to an LSU game and don't complain. Walking from Blackham to Cajun Field is nothing. If there was tailgating all along the way no one would care. Open the park to tailgating and have activities there. Attending a UL football game should be an event like going to a festival and it doesn't matter where you park. Make the game day atmosphere something special, open up parking all the way from Cajun Field to Blackham and watch support explode. Changing game day atmosphere is the key and must be addressed.
    I agree. Been saying that for years. On another thread a gentlemen from South Al said their general parking is a 15 to 20 minute walk depending on the lot you get. Blackham to the SE entrance would take about 5-10 minutes at most.

12. Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

I agree. Been saying that for years. On another thread a gentlemen from South Al said their general parking is a 15 to 20 minute walk depending on the lot you get. Blackham to the SE entrance would take about 5-10 minutes at most.
    . . . one has to do more than cold plunge to make that hitch in 5-10 minutes . . . just say'n . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . one has to do more than cold plunge to make that hitch in 5-10 minutes . . . just say'n . . .
    Elliptical 4 times a week for 35 minutes..... Haven't cold plunged in a year or so. 10 minutes is giving it way to much time was being generous.

So Saturday morning I saved my 5 tickets into my google wallet as instructed. When entering the game, my scan code wouldn't come up. I showed the attendant the tickets in my wallet and that the code wouldn't come up.

They had someone with the university come up and waive us in. I've heard people say this, but never happened with me before. So my 5 tickets were never scanned. They said it was a wifi issue.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    So Saturday morning I saved my 5 tickets into my google wallet as instructed. When entering the game, my scan code wouldn't come up. I showed the attendant the tickets in my wallet and that the code wouldn't come up.

They had someone with the university come up and waive us in. I've heard people say this, but never happened with me before. So my 5 tickets were never scanned. They said it was a wifi issue.
    I had that same issue again with Apple Wallet rejecting my tix after adding to Wallet due to a ticketmaster issue. I called ticketmaster and no luck. I then called the Cajundome office and was told that they would print tix for rest of season and many other people were having same issue

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread Information