Thread: All About Relationships!!!

UL Softball All About Relationships!!!

In an earlier thread, a question came up about why would Cajuns Softball play LSUE in fall ball games. It’s all about building relationships between coaches. The LSUE Coach and Coach Glasco have a great relationship, which is why you see the Cajuns playing home and home with LSUE. Coaches communicate.

Same reason Oklahoma plays North Central Texas College and Seminole State College. Texas plays St Mary’s and McClennan. LSU plays Copiah Lincoln, Belhaven, Southern, Baton Rouge Community College, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, and Chipola College. Alabama plays Copiah-Lincoln, Wallace State, Birmingham Southern, and Emory University.

Also players love playing outside competition. They’ve been practicing together and competing against each other for a few weeks now, and it’s a good opportunity, to take a little break and do and see something different, especially for some of the younger and first time players on the roster. They were able to see 700-800 passionate Cajun Softball Fans, at a fall ball game. Has to be a positive thing.

Coach Glasco gets it!!! Building Relationships.
    Just my opinion.

Default Re: All About Relationships!!!

And a good opinion it is. To further spread the Cajun culture and develop relationships in state. We need to keep those great players here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    In an earlier thread, a question came up about why would Cajuns Softball play LSUE in fall ball games. It’s all about building relationships between coaches. The LSUE Coach and Coach Glasco have a great relationship, which is why you see the Cajuns playing home and home with LSUE. Coaches communicate.

Same reason Oklahoma plays North Central Texas College and Seminole State College. Texas plays St Mary’s and McClennan. LSU plays Copiah Lincoln, Belhaven, Southern, Baton Rouge Community College, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, and Chipola College. Alabama plays Copiah-Lincoln, Wallace State, Birmingham Southern, and Emory University.

Also players love playing outside competition. They’ve been practicing together and competing against each other for a few weeks now, and it’s a good opportunity, to take a little break and do and see something different, especially for some of the younger and first time players on the roster. They were able to see 700-800 passionate Cajun Softball Fans, at a fall ball game. Has to be a positive thing.

Just my opinion.
    Excellent post.

Scrimmage today at 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post

Just my opinion.
    Thanks for the feedback. I certainly understand what Coach Glasco and other programs are trying to do in building relationships. I watched the previous staff do the same thing while playing such programs as Galveston College and a few others as well. My opinion back then, is no different than it is today.

Relationships can be manifested in a number of ways. As someone that covered football, softball, baseball and basketball for a number of years I witnessed it firsthand. There are a number of ways you can build relationships, like co-hosting youth camps and prospect camps. Also hosting travel ball tournaments like Cajun Baseball. Those are just a few off the top of my head.

I'm not criticizing Coach Glasco, but the competition we played in both games. While I understand other programs play those type of games, you don't get better by pounding less talented competition into submission. And as I stated above, there is more than one way to build relationships. That's my opinion, there is nothing negative here pointed at Coach Glasco, his staff or the players.

Thanks again, Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I certainly understand what Coach Glasco and other programs are trying to do in building relationships. I watched the previous staff do the same thing while playing such programs as Galveston College and a few others as well. My opinion back then, is no different than it is today.

Relationships can be manifested in a number of ways. As someone that covered football, softball, baseball and basketball for a number of years I witnessed it firsthand. There are a number of ways you can build relationships, like co-hosting youth camps and prospect camps. Also hosting travel ball tournaments like Cajun Baseball. Those are just a few off the top of my head.

I'm not criticizing Coach Glasco, but the competition we played in both games. While I understand other programs play those type of games, you don't get better by pounding less talented competition into submission. And as I stated above, there is more than one way to build relationships. That's my opinion, there is nothing negative here pointed at Coach Glasco, his staff or the players.

Thanks again, Geaux Cajuns!
    The Cajuns get better every Sunday at 4pm when the team plays each other. Sunday I left after 2 hours and they were still playing. The score when I left was 5-5. Not sure what it ended up being but it was very competitive.

I don’t disagree with most things you pointed out. I do respectfully disagree with we can’t get better playing LSUE. They put a lot of balls in play and we were able to work on a lot of defensive situations. We put a lot of runners on base and were able to work on a lot of base running situations. So many things that can be worked on in these types of fall games. Hope to see you out at Lamson soon, my friend.

Thread Information