Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sippin In The Sunset (Friday)

1. Default Sippin In The Sunset (Friday)

Come join me for Happy Hour, Zeon Chriss, KC Ossai, Kendre Gant and some staff will be at Drago's around 4:30. We need to support these young men right now, this is a crucial moment for us. Come get a drink, get some apps. Let's shock Lafayette with the turnout today!

Default Re: Sippin In The Sunset TONIGHT

I heard excellent reviews about the food served last night at the NIL Basketball event.

I’ll be there!

As great as the collective event was Thursday night, the turnout for yesterday was terrible. To only have about 5 people show up is pretty damn disappointing especially when the future of our program was there representing. People like to talk about needing to support the athletes so they won’t go elsewhere but then 5 people show up. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    As great as the collective event was Thursday night, the turnout for yesterday was terrible. To only have about 5 people show up is pretty damn disappointing especially when the future of our program was there representing. People like to talk about needing to support the athletes so they won’t go elsewhere but then 5 people show up. Sad
    What do you expect? I didn’t even see this announcement till the event had already started. Even if I had seen it I need more than an hour and 15 minutes to plan.

Poor planning for the event probably contributed to a low turnout.

With Friday night hs football and volleyball having a game this was poor planning.

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    What do you expect? I didn’t even see this announcement till the event had already started. Even if I had seen it I need more than an hour and 15 minutes to plan.
    It's every Friday. I think there are three left. So you're welcome to swing by

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    It's every Friday. I think there are three left. So you're welcome to swing by
    Friday is the worse day to have an event.

10. Default Re: Sippin In The Sunset TONIGHT

I put out the initial post on Tuesday. Then followed up with social media posts, had players promote, had several radio hits days leading up Wednesday with 103.3, and Friday morning with 103.7. Had press releases sent out. Somehow we missed the mark for this week. The first two weeks we had far less build up and promotion and 3-4 times the turnout. We had KADN out yesterday. We are just getting started, we need to continue to get awareness and turn that awareness to action. I'm all ears for ways to enhance the experience and promotion. We MUST start engaging and getting people involved in the NIL game.

11. Default Re: Sippin In The Sunset TONIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by kreweallons View Post
    I put out the initial post on Tuesday. Then followed up with social media posts, had players promote, had several radio hits days leading up Wednesday with 103.3, and Friday morning with 103.7. Had press releases sent out. Somehow we missed the mark for this week. The first two weeks we had far less build up and promotion and 3-4 times the turnout. We had KADN out yesterday. We are just getting started, we need to continue to get awareness and turn that awareness to action. I'm all ears for ways to enhance the experience and promotion. We MUST start engaging and getting people involved in the NIL game.
    You did good.

People come and go all the time and often miss stuff.

It's not one person's fault, it's just timing and timing is different for everyone.

Festival weekend may have had impact. I myself am out of town. Otherwise I would have been there. Of course I planned an out of town trip specifically because Cajuns have open date.

It was a very disappointing turnout, but I did enjoy myself. Thanks to Jeaux for spinning the records.
    I do think it was a mistake to have it the day after the big NIL event. I'd guess a lot of the people at that event would have attended had it not been back to back. Probably should have skipped this week.

Is there any additional donation required to attend outside of regular restaurant food costs?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Is there any additional donation required to attend outside of regular restaurant food costs?
    No

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information