Thread: Louisiana Bowl Projections 2023: Where Ragin' Cajuns stand at halfway point

1. UL Football Louisiana Bowl Projections 2023: Where Ragin' Cajuns stand at halfway point

Entering this season, critics aplenty among national pundits were unsure if Louisiana football would be a bowl eligible team by season’s end.

After six weeks, the Ragin’ Cajuns (4-2) have played their way to removing that doubt, now being listed in every outlet’s college football bowl game projections after seven official weeks in the regular season.

2. Default Re: Louisiana Bowl Projections 2023: Where Ragin' Cajuns stand at halfway point

I never doubted the Cajuns would be bowl eligible.

I doubt many on this board doubted that they would be bowl eligible.

Why do the pros never give Louisiana much credit?

Default Re: Louisiana Bowl Projections 2023: Where Ragin' Cajuns stand at halfway point

Recall we had a losing season in 22 and lost some good players on defense. Also our QB situation was unsettled coming into the year. We knew we had some good replacements who played a lot last year but pro forecasters did not. We also knew OL injuries were a key factor last season and we were likely to be much improved there but national analysts did not. Part of it is because our recruiting rankings have been middle of the pack last couple of years. I knew we were better than that in 2021/22 recruiting simply because we had Zeon Chriss on board. I suspected the same in 22/23 recruiting since we had Harvey Broussard in the fold. Now the rankings may have been low since we no longer have someone from 24/7 covering us. Coach Dez likes it that way. Therefore don’t get discouraged if we are middle of pack in recruiting rankings in 23/24. Finally, we still have to win 2 more games to be bowl eligible and at least 3 to have a winning season. Nothing is assured.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Bowl Projections 2023: Where Ragin' Cajuns stand at halfway point

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Recall we had a losing season in 22 and lost some good players on defense. Also our QB situation was unsettled coming into the year. We knew we had some good replacements who played a lot last year but pro forecasters did not. We also knew OL injuries were a key factor last season and we were likely to be much improved there but national analysts did not. Part of it is because our recruiting rankings have been middle of the pack last couple of years. I knew we were better than that in 2021/22 recruiting simply because we had Zeon Chriss on board. I suspected the same in 22/23 recruiting since we had Harvey Broussard in the fold. Now the rankings may have been low since we no longer have someone from 24/7 covering us. Coach Dez likes it that way. Therefore don’t get discouraged if we are middle of pack in recruiting rankings in 23/24. Finally, we still have to win 2 more games to be bowl eligible and at least 3 to have a winning season. Nothing is assured.
    You suffering from CDS Mike

5. Default Re: Louisiana Bowl Projections 2023: Where Ragin' Cajuns stand at halfway point

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You suffering from CDS Mike
    ……as I have mentioned, we are very hesitant to share some info from the weekly QB meetings….But think this is allowable on the subject of recruiting and rankings……a for instance a coach with some longevity feels that the TE room could well be the best in the history of UL….so who would have thought with the guys we got last year? Nough said, we ain’t doing bad!

Default Re: Louisiana Bowl Projections 2023: Where Ragin' Cajuns stand at halfway point

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I never doubted the Cajuns would be bowl eligible.

I doubt many on this board doubted that they would be bowl eligible.

Why do the pros never give Louisiana much credit?
    Because just like the general public in the area, they don't really know enough about the program.

Thread Information