Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Crack Open The Safe

Default Re: Crack Open The Safe

https://www.homefieldapparel.com/col.intage-apparel

An example of a peer with a name change using retro merch. I’ve seen no uptick in Troy being called TSU.

Our merch sales suck because we don’t give the people what they want. I could be completely wrong, but I think this stuff is gonna sell like hot cakes.

Default Coming Monday: UL Lafayette launches Vintage Louisiana Collection gear, merchandise

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette has dipped into the vaults – and come away with nostalgia.

UL Lafayette’s new Vintage Louisiana Collection features a retro-themed line of gear and non-apparel items, from T-shirts and caps to pennants and license plates.

Beginning Monday, Vintage Louisiana gear and merchandise will be sold on campus at The Ragin' Cajuns Store outlets in the Student Union, M.L. “Tigue” Moore Field at Russo Park, and The Heritage at Cajun Village. The Vintage Louisiana Collection will also be available through local and national retailers, and online. Find a list of retailers here.

The collection’s launch coincides with the start of UL Lafayette’s Homecoming Week activities and comes as the University celebrates the 125th anniversary of its founding.
    https://louisiana.edu/news/coming-mo.W2-WAFBchFu_WM

No one get mad at me for the “UL Lafayette” references, I’m just quoting the article from the university’s website.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    TRUE .but it's a lot to do about nothing. Typical, they make you think it's something big and then poof
    Like some of the “I know something big” announcements on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Understand.

Now, how many other FBS schools out there have the name/mascot/brand confusion that we do? Will this help or hurt that? Does it even matter anymore?

The reason our merchandise sales have been terible wasn't because we didn't have enough usl stuff out there. It is because we have failed in and marketing and providing Louisiana stuff.

Most people are like me. We will not buy ANYTHING with lafayette, ull, or flames. This is our problem. It's funny. To avoid those things we may have to buy usl stuff.
    To add to that, schools with vintage mdse are old logos and uniforms but with the same name that they have had for years, not an old, regionalized identity that they fought for years to be rid of. We achieve it, then now resort to what we wanted to escape from. Yes, it is nostalgic, but at what price? Embrace the Louisiana name ONLY. That is who we fought for and are now and it is time for older alumni to come to grips with it. I am an older alumnus who went to UL in the late 60's and early 70's and graduated from USL. I fought for the Louisiana name for years. In no way do I want to have anything going back to Southwestern Louisiana. Sometimes, we are our own worse enemy.

Default Re: Coming Monday: UL Lafayette launches Vintage Louisiana Collection gear, merchandise

There’s debate to whether or not we should be selling “USL” merch in the other thread. But as far as “UL-Lafayette,” that should be a unanimous NO-NO from everyone on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post

An example of a peer with a name change using retro merch. I’ve seen no uptick in Troy being called TSU.

Our merch sales suck because we don’t give the people what they want. I could be completely wrong, but I think this stuff is gonna sell like hot cakes.
    I believe you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post

I think the person in charge of branding and attire doesn't have a clue. And unfortunately, she is going nowhere.

Now if I want something done my way, I go to Absolutely Embroidery & More. When it comes to Adidas attire, she can only purchase what has been approved.

8. Default Re: Crack Open The Safe

They have to resort to the old stuff “vintage” because that is who the fan base is. The current students could not care less. Sell it to the old farts that make up the 15k.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    They have to resort to the old stuff “vintage” because that is who the fan base is. The current students could not care less. Sell it to the old farts that make up the 15k.
    Well, when the young farts start doing more than flap their gums and complain, I think they should start making attire they want. LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think the person in charge of branding and attire doesn't have a clue. And unfortunately, she is going nowhere.

Now if I want something done my way, I go to Absolutely Embroidery & More. When it comes to Adidas attire, she can only purchase what has been approved.
    Still Dronet?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Still Dronet?
    Better yet, who owns the registered TM?

PooPoo had sex with Cayenne and had a babyit's our new mascot.

Just to the point of how well this is going to sell: Louisiana Hot Stuff posted a sample of the collection items they will be selling on FB 2 hours ago: 440+ likes, 125 shares, and 100+ comments already (none negative that I’ve seen). It’s nice to see people enthused about something Cajuns related again.

Another thing I will state is that I get the branding on this isn’t what some here want. However, the items themselves are EXTREMELY well designed and don’t look like cheap junk. I hope we put this much care and effort in to our future non-retro lines. I am really stoked about this though.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Happiness is slave to expectation. We _____ed and complained about nothing to wear last year. It took a ____ing year, but at least someone made something happen. We can't kill them for not marketing and then get mad at them over-marketing.

Fact is, we're so behind on everything and our fans are so starved for attention, things like this are bound to happen. I'm just going to enjoy my vintage stuff and move on.

Also, go support a fantastic local business that gave up their TSAB license to support UL and only UL. Not to mention, of all the vintage stuff, they have the best, by far.

Absolutely! Embroidery & More - 3010 Kaliste Saloom Rd Lafayette LA 70508
    This makes me think the next announcement is we lost the name game and we're being forced back to USL, and this is the way to soften the blow. Silly. I know. But with this admin

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Is this really the big announcement today? We finally get the LOUISIANA recognition we need, then revert to marketing the directional school name we had. It may be nostalgic, but it is something we worked hard for and waited a long time to get rid of. Now it is back. We keep the Southwestern name on the Earl K. Long gym and now the Southwestern gear and announced by UL Lafayette. This is exactly what the rest of the state wants to refer to us. Sorry, but I don't get it.
    I feel ya. I really do.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information