Thread: Softball Opens Fall Slate With Pair of LSU-Eunice Matchups

1. UL Softball Softball Opens Fall Slate With Pair of LSU-Eunice Matchups

Louisiana Softball opens its fall exhibition schedule starting at home-and-home series with LSU-Eunice on Tuesday, October 10 at Lamson Park.

he Ragin' Cajuns and Bengals matchup at Lamson Park on Tuesday is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m. The two teams will play 10 innings.

Admission to all fall softball games at Lamson Park is free. The Louisiana Athletics Clear Bag Policy will be in effect; permitted items can be viewed here.

Concessions will be available for purchase (no outside food/drinks allowed).

Parking, on a first-come, first serve basis, is available in the Lamson Park lot at Bourgeois Hall. Fans can also park at the Cajun Field lot on the corner of Cajundome Boulevard and Reinhardt Drive.

Following Tuesday night's outing, UL and LSU-E wrap up the home-and-home series on Thursday, October 12 with a 6:00 p.m. contest at Lady Bengal Field in Eunice.

ABOUT LOUISIANA
    Louisiana is coming off a fourth consecutive Sun Belt Conference regular season and tournament championship, the program's 24th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance, a No. 9 RPI rating, a Top 20 finish across the board in all major national polls, and a trip to the NCAA Super Regional round last spring.

With a now veteran-laden roster, as head coach Gerry Glasco's No. 1 recruiting Class of 2022 now enters their junior campaign, plus the key summer transfer additions highlighted by the Florida duo of Lexie Delbrey and Sam Roe, there's plenty reason enough for heightened expectations in the coming spring season.

This fall the Ragin' Cajuns also welcome a pair of new faces to the coaching staff in defensive coach Hunter Veach and hitting coach Shellie Landry, an All-American alumnae who competed for the program from 2013-16. Their addition provides Glasco with a specific coach for every facet of the game, to go along with pitching coach Justin Robichaux.

Default Re: Softball Opens Fall Slate With Pair of LSU-Eunice Matchups

Nice crowd last night. I would guess around 800 or so. Cajuns won easily 18-0.

3. Default Re: Softball Opens Fall Slate With Pair of LSU-Eunice Matchups

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I know we should have won 18-0, but this is not a bad LSU-Eunice team. They went 41-20 last year and made the NJCAA tournament. They also played a pretty good SLU team the night before and lost 18-7.

Nice of the Cajuns to follow up and return the trip to Eunice. Will be a treat for all of the Cajun fans in that area.

I would like to thank whoever decided to broadcast the game on FB. It was nice to see for those of us who didn’t make it out to the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I would like to thank whoever decided to broadcast the game on FB. It was nice to see for those of us who didn’t make it out to the ballpark.
    The beer was cold and the weather was awesome.

I know it’s early but it would appear that we have a major upgrade from Stormy and Kramer. I was disappointed to not see Taylor on the roster. Good luck to her.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    I know it’s early but it would appear that we have a major upgrade from Stormy and Kramer. I was disappointed to not see Taylor on the roster. Good luck to her.
    Taylor has retired from softball.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Give those folks football tickets!

I love our support for Softball. I'm sure several of them support UL across most sports.

Thread Information