Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 15,053

Default Re: 15,053

My wife and I weren’t able to make the game on Saturday because we had high school homecoming obligations. There were 3 or 4 local homecomings on Saturday…I bet a few thousand parents were busy doing HoCo crap. Like I was.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    My wife and I weren’t able to make the game on Saturday because we had high school homecoming obligations. There were 3 or 4 local homecomings on Saturday…I bet a few thousand parents were busy doing HoCo crap. Like I was.
    My wife went to the tailgate and game for only about 30 minutes because of my daughters home coming pictures. She was amazed at the number of people watching the game in the parking lot at there tailgate spot when she left. Luckily I graduated high school many years ago and had no HoCo obligations.

3. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    My wife went to the tailgate and game for only about 30 minutes because of my daughters home coming pictures. She was amazed at the number of people watching the game in the parking lot at there tailgate spot when she left. Luckily I graduated high school many years ago and had no HoCo obligations.
    . . . you made HC obligations with your wife long after HS and you shirked them this weekend . . . but it looks like your lovely wife covered for you . . .

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    im 3 hrs away I see facebook, twitter and emails every week, also a couple of different podcasts a week, not sure what more you can ask for
    Wow. Slap a couple posts on social media. Send out a mass email. Boom. Marketing done. Call it a day. I’m gonna have to apply for one of those open positions. This sounds like a sweet gig!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=loui...t=gws-wiz-serp

Population is fine and Lafayette and the surrounding areas are gaining. Ain't no way people are staying in West Virginia, their population is actually declining. Your point is accurate for the other states.
    In terms of percentage loss, Louisiana tied Illinois with a 0.8% decline from 2021 to 2022, behind only New York with a 0.9% loss. Despite the population loss, Louisiana has remained the 25th most populous state in the U.S. from 2020 through 2022.Jan 3, 2023

Lafayette is a city located in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana. According to the latest US Census estimates, the population of Lafayette in 2023 is projected to be 121,322 1. The city has a declining population rate of -0.18% annually and has decreased by -0.55% since the most recent census in 2020 1. The median age in Lafayette is 36.3 years, with an average household income of $82,752 and a poverty rate of 19.48% 1. Manufacturing

7. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Lafayette is a city located in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana. According to the latest US Census estimates, the population of Lafayette in 2023 is projected to be 121,322 1. The city has a declining population rate of -0.18% annually and has decreased by -0.55% since the most recent census in 2020 1. The median age in Lafayette is 36.3 years, with an average household income of $82,752 and a poverty rate of 19.48% 1. Manufacturing
    Literally all of this info is not accurate. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Literally all of this info is not accurate. lol
    ok

I have thoughts about the game day experience. The music has gotten so terrible we could just get rid of the DJ for all I care. During tv timeouts why not use the video board in a better manner. You can have player and coaches interviews. You could do coaches and players from other sports as well. Maybe getting fans excited about the other sports. As someone mentioned. You could flash scores from around the country and sunbelt. Since we can’t get them on our phones. Just because we never play tech, people would still enjoy announcing when they lose on the PA. Dr maggard interview bits would also Interest some fans. Remember not everyone there gets info on this board or listens to sports radio. We could be feeding people a lot of good information on the video board and filling 3 minutes of dead time with terrible music playing. Coordinate these videos during commercials with the band. Let them play songs and maybe have sing alongs with the lyrics on the video board. Also, why not a kiss cam, flex your muscle, or other funny things women and children like at games. I don’t know the last time I saw a crowd shot on the video board.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    App State has a monopoly for Saturday entertainment in Boone, NC and the surrounding area. It is the only show around for about 150 miles in any direction. There are too many options in Lafayette for other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. Just the facts of life.
    Wrong on all facets.

11. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    ok
    . . . you don’t need to take that from him without a source . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I have thoughts about the game day experience. The music has gotten so terrible we could just get rid of the DJ for all I care. During tv timeouts why not use the video board in a better manner. You can have player and coaches interviews. You could do coaches and players from other sports as well. Maybe getting fans excited about the other sports. As someone mentioned. You could flash scores from around the country and sunbelt. Since we can’t get them on our phones. Just because we never play tech, people would still enjoy announcing when they lose on the PA. Dr maggard interview bits would also Interest some fans. Remember not everyone there gets info on this board or listens to sports radio. We could be feeding people a lot of good information on the video board and filling 3 minutes of dead time with terrible music playing. Coordinate these videos during commercials with the band. Let them play songs and maybe have sing alongs with the lyrics on the video board. Also, why not a kiss cam, flex your muscle, or other funny things women and children like at games. I don’t know the last time I saw a crowd shot on the video board.
    They do alot of these things at my sons varsity football game last week (in Texas)

We need more action during dead air moments.. especially leading up to kickoff in each half

- Viking chant: https://youtu.be/9Oo9pkFo6hI?si=OPqcR4_di1S9zsos

- We Love Ya (change "U.S." to "Cajuns"): https://youtu.be/W0EXwE6cDAk?si=iuk14v98JgYAizl6

- before kickoff, have some 'celebrity' come out to midfield and do the Who Dat pregame chant that Saints do before kickoff. Alternating Chants of "Ragin" and "Cajun" between North and South endzone.. shoot the fireworks off for each side when it's their turn

- switch the AC/DC that's been played to death with some other stuff.. ex. For Whom the Bell Tolls instead of Hells Bells

More songs with instrumental slow buildups:

Lunatic Fringe
    Tool - Schism
    Parallel universe - RHCP

Show a video of a drum line member in a Cajuns football uniform playing the drum part of "In The Air Tonight" on the big screen

Bring back the freakin Wolf of Wall Street chest bump chant

One thing I've never seen anyone do.. Start a New Orleans style second line parade at the beginning of the RV lot and make its way all the way to the bandstand in front of Tigue, rounding up people who are loafing around streaming the game on TV 15 minutes before kickoff. Bonus points if you can get a few members of the marching band to lead it

My kids refer to the baseball games as "the ones where we sing that song" (put me in coach). They remember 3 minutes of the entire game and it's the part with crowd engagement

Also, can the DMV offer a traffic violation removal with an attendance to a UL football game?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    We need more action during dead air moments.. especially leading up to kickoff in each half

- Viking chant: https://youtu.be/9Oo9pkFo6hI?si=OPqcR4_di1S9zsos

- We Love Ya (change "U.S." to "Cajuns"): https://youtu.be/W0EXwE6cDAk?si=iuk14v98JgYAizl6

- before kickoff, have some 'celebrity' come out to midfield and do the Who Dat pregame chant that Saints do before kickoff. Alternating Chants of "Ragin" and "Cajun" between North and South endzone.. shoot the fireworks off for each side when it's their turn

- switch the AC/DC that's been played to death with some other stuff.. ex. For Whom the Bell Tolls instead of Hells Bells

More songs with instrumental slow buildups:

Lunatic Fringe
    Tool - Schism
    Parallel universe - RHCP

Show a video of a drum line member in a Cajuns football uniform playing the drum part of "In The Air Tonight" on the big screen

Bring back the freakin Wolf of Wall Street chest bump chant

One thing I've never seen anyone do.. Start a New Orleans style second line parade at the beginning of the RV lot and make its way all the way to the bandstand in front of Tigue, rounding up people who are loafing around streaming the game on TV 15 minutes before kickoff. Bonus points if you can get a few members of the marching band to lead it

My kids refer to the baseball games as "the ones where we sing that song" (put me in coach). They remember 3 minutes of the entire game and it's the part with crowd engagement
    I have always said the way Ms State has the cowbell we should all have washboards. Could you imagine 18k washboards being played at once on third down?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information