Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 15,053

1. UL Football 15,053

Is an abject disaster..

Our two most embarrassing attendance moments have come in the past 2 years.
    All things considered, Saturday ranks up there with 7700 for Troy last year.

Even with all of our problems in the Athletics Department, Acadiana has the bear the burden on this one. Sometimes, you just have to hold your nose and support entities that bolster your best interests. I'm not advocating for one way loyalty. But I am saying, sometimes, you put the sword away for a moment and weather the punishment. Saturday was one of those days.

Are they promoting this team properly? NO
    Are they promoting this league properly? NO
    Are they promoting this Athletics Department properly? HELL NO

But damn, if you can't enjoy a ball player like Zeon Chriss and the talent that Mike and Co have assembled, you're not a football fan. And if you can't spend a fun afternoon in perfect weather against an opponent that beat Baylor and is 4-1, you're just not a Cajuns fan.

Again, we have massive issues. I know all about them. But if you didn't want to be at the field Saturday, that's kinda on you..

2. Default Re: 15,053

. . . hey, most of the 18,000 came, the balance probably opted out because they tired of being chastised . . . or they listened to this board on how horrible an experience at outrageous cost they would have if they went . . .

Default Re: 15,053

They probably know lots of the talent mike assembled will be wearing a different color next year and getting paid handsomely to do so. I only see support at this level going down not up in the way college football is currently structured.

4. Default Re: 15,053

. . . no matter whether they are here or not, there is a good chance they will be wearing black . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    They probably know lots of the talent mike assembled will be wearing a different color next year and getting paid handsomely to do so. I only see support at this level going down not up in the way college football is currently structured.
    I’m kinda tired of hearing crap takes like this. Other schools (see App State) don’t have the same disinterested fan base.

6. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    I’m kinda tired of hearing crap takes like this. Other schools (see App State) don’t have the same disinterested fan base.
    . . . and this is what you get here from our interested fanbase . . . there is no wonder those who look here for interest probably never show up . . .

7. Default Re: 15,053

Exactly. The name on the back of the jerseys will always change. 5-6 hours tailgating and watching football with great friends under a perfect sky does not. No matter how you slice it, 15k on a day like Saturday is putrid, unacceptable and many factions are responsible for it. NONE of which, are the players or coaching staff members, but they suffer the most. And that ____es me off.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . and this is what you get here from our interested fanbase . . . there is no wonder those who look here for interest probably never show up . . .
    What? Telling the truth? Sorry, but it is what it is. Having spirited discussions and disagreements don’t hurt attendance at schools where people care. It’s better than apathy, and thin-skinned people looking to make excuses.

Face it: no one wants to see this team, or at least very few people do. Why? If it’s because of a couple of comments on some little forum, things are worse than we thought.

. . . or they listened to this board on how horrible an experience at outrageous cost they would have if they went . . .
    This recent shtick of yours has already grown tiresome. Find something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    This recent shtick of yours has already grown tiresome. Find something new.
    I just posted this on another thread. Something has to give.

11. Default Re: 15,053

What? Telling the truth? Sorry, but it is what it is. Having spirited discussions and disagreements don’t hurt attendance at schools where people care. It’s better than apathy, and thin-skinned people looking to make excuses.

Face it: no one wants to see this team, or at least very few people do. Why? If it’s because of a couple of comments on some little forum, things are worse than we thought.
    . . . it has been every day of every week for ages and then again even worse with Levi Lewis brought us to a nationally ranked team for two years . . . sorry, but that is not just a few comments on some little forum and if you think this forum has become self sufficient because there are only a few comments on some little forum, I got some beach front property in Opelousas to sell you . . .

. . . it has been every day of every week for ages and then again even worse with Levi Lewis brought us to a nationally ranked team for two years . . . sorry, but that is not just a few comments on some little forum and if you think this forum has become self sufficient because there are only a few comments on some little forum, I got some beach front property in Opelousas to sell you . . .
    Well then, why did you bring it up?

13. Default Re: 15,053

Well then, why did you bring it up?
    . . .why did I bring what up . . . I could have sworn that you brought it up and I jumped on board . . .

. . .why did I bring what up . . . I could have sworn that you brought it up and I jumped on board . . .
    Sorry, think I misunderstood you. My bad.

Some folks might like being a junior college to the P5s some folks don’t. I for one am not particularly fond of it.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information