Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: 15,053

Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . he flexed the smedium . . . he talked to everyone . . . he not only convinced business people to by tickets, he convinced them to tailgate, have fun and strongly suggest that their employees, families and friends attend with them . . . and he won . . . he was that good off the field . . . when the winning stopped, the FDonadTrump video got out and he defended his players, he lost ALL his moxy and it was over . . . I’m not sure espn+ alone got people watching on their patios but the combination of espn+ and Covid is what really did it. Covid got many, many, many fans to experience the afternoon of patio games who would never had even thought of staying home from CF and many of them enjoyed the hassle free college football entertainment and never went back . . . all of these things combined did their little bit to get us where we are today . . .
    Good post

2. Default Re: 15,053

. . . didn’t we do a blackout Saturday . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    And just hypothetically speaking, do you think our average crowd would increase if we changed to another conference? SEC? I think the Sunbelt is if not the best G5 football conference out there, then the 2nd best. They are making huge leaps every year to improve.
    SEC? Of course they would

Maybe 5-10k people in Lafayette know who Texas State is - where they're from, that they're a quality opponent, etc. Same with ODU, James Madison, etc.

There's maybe one name on UL's home schedule that you can pencil in as "that's the game I gotta go to". Oh but it's a Thursday night thats soccer and dance practice night

And there's no easy way to change this either. You'll never be able to educate Average Joe Cajun about the significance of most Sunbelt match-up

The only thing you can do is to turn GameDay into a consistently fun and energetic atmosphere. Look at Festival International. the bands may change but the product never does, and the crowd is there.

Covid got many, many, many fans to experience the afternoon of patio games who would never had even thought of staying home from CF and many of them enjoyed the hassle free college football entertainment and never went back . . . all of these things combined did their little bit to get us where we are today . . .
    This is a great point. Covid killed many traditions that I'm sure many people considered unbreakable (parades, festivals, sports) and people noticed that their personal lives didn't fall apart. Unfortunately the life of the tailgate/GameDay tradition was left to wither and die.

Now you have to create new traditions beyond "we always went tailgate for Cajuns . just what we always did. Never thought about missing it."

Also it would help if we didn't have to fight this:

5. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    Why isn't a blackout implemented anymore? I remember that being a thing years ago on watching online games.
    Missed more than a few Saints games growing up due to that restriction.

6. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Missed more than a few Saints games growing up due to that restriction.
    . . . but now we have BLACKIN not BLACKOUT . . .

7. Default Re: 15,053

That was only a virtual "nothing to see here" do something else game.

It wasn't intended to be taken literally.

8. Default Re: 15,053

. . . he flexed the smedium . . . he talked to everyone . . . he not only convinced business people to by tickets, he convinced them to tailgate, have fun and strongly suggest that their employees, families and friends attend with them . . . and he won . . . he was that good off the field . . . when the winning stopped, the FDonadTrump video got out and he defended his players, he lost ALL his moxy and it was over . . . I’m not sure espn+ alone got people watching on their patios but the combination of espn+ and Covid is what really did it. Covid got many, many, many fans to experience the afternoon of patio games who would never had even thought of staying home from CF and many of them enjoyed the hassle free college football entertainment and never went back . . . all of these things combined did their little bit to get us where we are today . . .
    Rock solid synopsis.

. . . you don’t need to take that from him without a source . . .
    I hate to see our area and state decline in population but that's the hard truth. Some people can chose to believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I have thoughts about the game day experience. The music has gotten so terrible we could just get rid of the DJ for all I care. During tv timeouts why not use the video board in a better manner. You can have player and coaches interviews. You could do coaches and players from other sports as well. Maybe getting fans excited about the other sports. As someone mentioned. You could flash scores from around the country and sunbelt. Since we can’t get them on our phones. Just because we never play tech, people would still enjoy announcing when they lose on the PA. Dr maggard interview bits would also Interest some fans. Remember not everyone there gets info on this board or listens to sports radio. We could be feeding people a lot of good information on the video board and filling 3 minutes of dead time with terrible music playing. Coordinate these videos during commercials with the band. Let them play songs and maybe have sing alongs with the lyrics on the video board. Also, why not a kiss cam, flex your muscle, or other funny things women and children like at games. I don’t know the last time I saw a crowd shot on the video board.
    You have some very good ideas here, I hope those in charge read this and work on it. It is simple, it gets your focus, it can advertise, it can entertain. These are all things that help.

App St is 2-3 but have a sell out for a Tuesday night game.
    Their fans are not there for gimmicks. They're packing the stadium on a Tuesday night because they love their team and their university.

12. Default Re: 15,053

"People want to be where people are."

Yes and on record, those were the ugliest UL uniforms I have ever seen. Looked like high school unis.

14. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Yes and on record, those were the ugliest UL uniforms I have ever seen. Looked like high school unis.
    . . . this sounds so much like an over exaggeration it should probably be given no significance . . .

Easily your best post ever. More of this, less of the silly squabbles please.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information