Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: 15,053

1. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I have always said the way Ms State has the cowbell we should all have washboards. Could you imagine 18k washboards being played at once on third down?
    . . . it would be a washout . . .

Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    We need more action during dead air moments especially leading up to kickoff in each half

- Viking chant: https://youtu.be/9Oo9pkFo6hI?si=OPqcR4_di1S9zsos

- We Love Ya (change "U.S." to "Cajuns"): https://youtu.be/W0EXwE6cDAk?si=iuk14v98JgYAizl6

- before kickoff, have some 'celebrity' come out to midfield and do the Who Dat pregame chant that Saints do before kickoff. Alternating Chants of "Ragin" and "Cajun" between North and South endzone shoot the fireworks off for each side when it's their turn

- switch the AC/DC that's been played to death with some other stuff ex. For Whom the Bell Tolls instead of Hells Bells

More songs with instrumental slow buildups:

Lunatic Fringe
    Tool - Schism
    Parallel universe - RHCP

Show a video of a drum line member in a Cajuns football uniform playing the drum part of "In The Air Tonight" on the big screen

Bring back the freakin Wolf of Wall Street chest bump chant

One thing I've never seen anyone do Start a New Orleans style second line parade at the beginning of the RV lot and make its way all the way to the bandstand in front of Tigue, rounding up people who are loafing around streaming the game on TV 15 minutes before kickoff. Bonus points if you can get a few members of the marching band to lead it

My kids refer to the baseball games as "the ones where we sing that song" (put me in coach). They remember 3 minutes of the entire game and it's the part with crowd engagement
    All of that would be great. Especially the music part

I've noticed they keep playing that white stripes seven nation bs. I'm guessing they're trying to get the crowd to do that chant but thankfully the crowd hasn't taken the bait on it (it's super lame and played out in the Midwest). The idea of that is good but the selection is stale

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I have thoughts about the game day experience. The music has gotten so terrible we could just get rid of the DJ for all I care. During tv timeouts why not use the video board in a better manner. You can have player and coaches interviews. You could do coaches and players from other sports as well. Maybe getting fans excited about the other sports. As someone mentioned. You could flash scores from around the country and sunbelt. Since we can’t get them on our phones. Just because we never play tech, people would still enjoy announcing when they lose on the PA. Dr maggard interview bits would also Interest some fans. Remember not everyone there gets info on this board or listens to sports radio. We could be feeding people a lot of good information on the video board and filling 3 minutes of dead time with terrible music playing. Coordinate these videos during commercials with the band. Let them play songs and maybe have sing alongs with the lyrics on the video board. Also, why not a kiss cam, flex your muscle, or other funny things women and children like at games. I don’t know the last time I saw a crowd shot on the video board.
    I'm down for flexing muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Also, can the DMV offer a traffic violation removal with an attendance to a UL football game?
    Wow.

We're screaming into the ether, boys. Besides. There's already a blueprint on how to get butts in the seats. There was someone already here that did it. When he got here, the numbers went up. When he left, they went right back downdespite us winning more. Hell, he wasnt even "one of US". Yet, he still did it. Strange, huh? It's like tracing a picture instead of trying to freehand it. You'd think the administration could've figured this out. But alas, we are dealing with the most braindead, inept, apathetic administration in the country. They can't stop stepping on their own d!c&. But this admin won't look at how Hud did it. They don't care. It's painfully obvious. If they really did, the effort would be apparent. But in fact, it is the opposite. Their efforts, more often than not, are actually keeping people away, rather than drawing them in. What does that tell you? There are literally hundreds, maybe thousands of ideas just here on this board. A 12 year old, could copy and paste some of these to improve things. They don't want to. It's painful to say it, but it's the truth. And the sooner you accept this as the truth, the better off you'll be.

Hud started hot and got us to places the program had never been. Of course it was exciting and something people wanted to be a part of. He also didn’t have to keep people from watching at home. We weren’t on espn+ every week in those days.

And lastly. Hud lost the same following he gained. He wasn’t filling the stadium the last 2 seasons.

So
    1. The winning and bowls are no longer first time things.
    2. Espn+ broadcasts of our games and or just all the tv games to watch in general, are directly pulling butts out the seats. Hud era really didn’t have to fight that.
    3. Hud was a part of the turning away of longtime fans we still haven’t gotten back.(and to that point, the team march under billy didn’t help his cause with filling the stadium)
    4. This is my opinion. The cheerleaders cheer. The football coach coaches. I want wins, not coach led ticket drives …… coaching is a full time job. Let the coaches do their job.

7. Default Re: 15,053

The vibe guy does not have to be the coach but he does need to be the front man.

Sounds like a new position.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The vibe guy does not have to be the coach but he does need to be the front man.

Sounds like a new position.
    I dont think the answer is another employee at MH

I think it's a collective of fans/alumni with enough monetary and social clout that MH is forced to interact with them

Krewe Allons is setting the blueprint in my opinion. Outside organization dedicated to doing what MH and RCAF won't

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Hud started hot and got us to places the program had never been. Of course it was exciting and something people wanted to be a part of. He also didn’t have to keep people from watching at home. We weren’t on espn+ every week in those days.

And lastly. Hud lost the same following he gained. He wasn’t filling the stadium the last 2 seasons.

So
    1. The winning and bowls are no longer first time things.
    2. Espn+ broadcasts of our games and or just all the tv games to watch in general, are directly pulling butts out the seats. Hud era really didn’t have to fight that.
    3. Hud was a part of the turning away of longtime fans we still haven’t gotten back.(and to that point, the team march under billy didn’t help his cause with filling the stadium)
    4. This is my opinion. The cheerleaders cheer. The football coach coaches. I want wins, not coach led ticket drives …… coaching is a full time job. Let the coaches do their job.
    You missed the point. What did he do to get fans in the seats?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    I dont think the answer is another employee at MH

I think it's a collective of fans/alumni with enough monetary and social clout that MH is forced to interact with them

Krewe Allons is setting the blueprint in my opinion. Outside organization dedicated to doing what MH and RCAF won't
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You missed the point. What did he do to get fans in the seats?
    My first paragraph is what he did. Everyone thinks Hud flexed his muscles and rah rah rah people into the stadium. I don’t think it was his personality.

12. Default Re: 15,053

. . . he flexed the smedium . . . he talked to everyone . . . he not only convinced business people to by tickets, he convinced them to tailgate, have fun and strongly suggest that their employees, families and friends attend with them . . . and he won . . . he was that good off the field . . . when the winning stopped, the FDonadTrump video got out and he defended his players, he lost ALL his moxy and it was over . . . I’m not sure espn+ alone got people watching on their patios but the combination of espn+ and Covid is what really did it. Covid got many, many, many fans to experience the afternoon of patio games who would never had even thought of staying home from CF and many of them enjoyed the hassle free college football entertainment and never went back . . . all of these things combined did their little bit to get us where we are today . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Is an abject disaster

Our two most embarrassing attendance moments have come in the past 2 years.
    All things considered, Saturday ranks up there with 7700 for Troy last year.

Even with all of our problems in the Athletics Department, Acadiana has the bear the burden on this one. Sometimes, you just have to hold your nose and support entities that bolster your best interests. I'm not advocating for one way loyalty. But I am saying, sometimes, you put the sword away for a moment and weather the punishment. Saturday was one of those days.

Are they promoting this team properly? NO
    Are they promoting this league properly? NO
    Are they promoting this Athletics Department properly? HELL NO

But damn, if you can't enjoy a ball player like Zeon Chriss and the talent that Mike and Co have assembled, you're not a football fan. And if you can't spend a fun afternoon in perfect weather against an opponent that beat Baylor and is 4-1, you're just not a Cajuns fan.

Again, we have massive issues. I know all about them. But if you didn't want to be at the field Saturday, that's kinda on you
    Ditto. Acadiana not supporting this university is horrible and the University not making any effort what so ever to bring Acadiana to the game is just as bad.

Always thought there were two ways to bring in a crowd. Play the P5 schools at their home stadium and beat them badly or play the P5 schools here and beat them badly. However, even if we played Georgia tomorrow in Atlanta, and beat them 56-0, I doubt we would draw more than 15k we are already reporting to have in the stadium, even though we both know it ain't even that much. I'm at my wits end on how to get more people in the stands. And the ongoing frat/sorority spat with the University is just as bad.

When the present fans that show up through thick and thin pass on, our average attendance will be in 6K range. I would say the average age of the present fan is 58, maybe higher. If the 20-50 age group ain't coming now, then don't expect them to suddenly start showing up in 15-20 years.

And just hypothetically speaking, do you think our average crowd would increase if we changed to another conference? SEC? I think the Sunbelt is if not the best G5 football conference out there, then the 2nd best. They are making huge leaps every year to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . he flexed the smedium . . . he talked to everyone . . . he not only convinced business people to by tickets, he convinced them to tailgate, have fun and strongly suggest that their employees, families and friends attend with them . . . and he won . . . he was that good off the field . . . when the winning stopped, the FDonadTrump video got out and he defended his players, he lost ALL his moxy and it was over . . . I’m not sure espn+ alone got people watching on their patios but the combination of espn+ and Covid is what really did it. Covid got many, many, many fans to experience the afternoon of patio games who would never had even thought of staying home from CF and many of them enjoyed the hassle free college football entertainment and never went back . . . all of these things combined did their little bit to get us where we are today . . .
    Why isn't a blackout implemented anymore? I remember that being a thing years ago on watching online games.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    Why isn't a blackout implemented anymore? I remember that being a thing years ago on watching online games.
    It would be like trying to sell your product but blacking out your 3hr long commercial.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information