Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 15,053

1. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . hey, most of the 18,000 came, the balance probably opted out because they tired of being chastised . . . or they listened to this board on how horrible an experience at outrageous cost they would have if they went . . .
    Relating the identifying of weaknesses, and the presenting solutions with negativity is a sure way to get "stuck on stupid" as the Ragin' Cajun General would say

2. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Some folks might like being a junior college to the P5s some folks don’t. I for one am not particularly fond of it.
    I don't think anyone is. The question remains, what are you going to do about it? This is where we are. I can tell you this: Players want to feel wanted. They'll be more likely to stay in a place that makes them feel wanted. An empty stadium sure doesn't help that cause.

Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Is an abject disaster

Our two most embarrassing attendance moments have come in the past 2 years.
    All things considered, Saturday ranks up there with 7700 for Troy last year.

Even with all of our problems in the Athletics Department, Acadiana has the bear the burden on this one. Sometimes, you just have to hold your nose and support entities that bolster your best interests. I'm not advocating for one way loyalty. But I am saying, sometimes, you put the sword away for a moment and weather the punishment. Saturday was one of those days.

Are they promoting this team properly? NO
    Are they promoting this league properly? NO
    Are they promoting this Athletics Department properly? HELL NO

But damn, if you can't enjoy a ball player like Zeon Chriss and the talent that Mike and Co have assembled, you're not a football fan. And if you can't spend a fun afternoon in perfect weather against an opponent that beat Baylor and is 4-1, you're just not a Cajuns fan.

Again, we have massive issues. I know all about them. But if you didn't want to be at the field Saturday, that's kinda on you
    The athletic department did put out a better marketing effort this past weekend. Obviously not good enough. However people on this forum need to realize there are few Cajun fans in the area at this time. Not many care about the Cajuns. Now what I don’t know is how many people are watching at home or establishments that would have been at the game 20 years ago. Probably more than we realize.

App is an anomaly at the G5 level. Most programs in our category are having similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The athletic department did put out a better marketing effort this past weekend. Obviously not good enough. However people on this forum need to realize there are few Cajun fans in the area at this time. Not many care about the Cajuns. Now what I don’t know is how many people are watching at home or establishments that would have been at the game 20 years ago. Probably more than we realize.
    Are you speaking about those god awfully designed sponsored posts on FB? If that's our idea of kicking the marketing up a notch, it's easy to see why we are a cellar dweller in our own conference in terms of attendance.

I think we are feeling the effects of the absolute crap show of 20-25 years ago.

The older generation is still hanging on. There’s a big gap that follows where there was no “fan base” generated. So a generation of folks never felt any attachment.

Next is a group of 30-35 year olds that are tying their best, a group created in the Hud years

This stuff they are currently pulling now is gonna create another gap if it doesn’t get fixed. Pushing students away, regardless of the on field product, is asking for another generation of apathy.

And I think, as much as some don’t wanna believe it, watching your best players transfer out turns people off. Yes, the name on the front of the jersey should be all that matters, but it’s human nature to be frustrated and lose some interest when guys are using you as a stepping stone.

Here is the plan!

I have put an area at Cajun Field we can do this at. RV parking will still be along Cajun Field just smaller.

This is my idea for a tailgate area where people can go and have fun before the game .

Name:  IMG_5723.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  169.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5726.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  83.9 KB

1. Stage

2. Beer vendors alumni tents, tables, chairs etc

Name:  IMG_5730.jpeg
Views: 320
Size:  378.2 KB

-area between 2

Name:  IMG_5731.jpeg
Size:  30.3 KB

3. Food Truck Row

Name:  IMG_5734.jpeg
Views: 319
Size:  24.7 KB

4. vendors, kids area, face painting, fun jumps etc.

Name:  IMG_5736.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  324.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5738.png
Views: 324
Size:  676.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5739.jpeg
Size:  37.0 KB

We can not do this as a University ?

I just don't know what the administration is going to be willing to do to help the cause this season. I fear they're just waiting for 2025 for the stadium reno to do something beyond what they're currently doing. That's not going to help the recruits I saw this past game walking around with their family at a half-full stadium, or the current players running out to a sparse crowd.

Vic says we need to be intellectually honest with ourselves; try and take a few minutes how you would pitch your own friend group that does not attend games to come to one.
    After thinking on that the last two nights lying in bed, only thing I believe would entice my own casual friends would be a party atmosphere and tailgate spot. I'm just not willing to eat the costs of a TG spot at the current rates in hope to entice them.

App is an anomaly at the G5 level. Most programs in our category are having similar issues.
    App, Troy, JMU, Marshall, and Southern Miss all consistently draw in the 20K range, many times above.

10. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Here is the plan!

I have put an area at Cajun Field we can do this at. RV parking will still be along Cajun Field just smaller.

This is my idea for a tailgate area where people can go and have fun before the game .

Name:  IMG_5723.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  169.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5726.jpg
Size:  83.9 KB

1. Stage

2. Beer vendors alumni tents, tables, chairs etc

Name:  IMG_5730.jpeg
Views: 320
Size:  378.2 KB

-area between 2

Name:  IMG_5731.jpeg
Size:  30.3 KB

3. Food Truck Row

Name:  IMG_5734.jpeg
Size:  24.7 KB

4. vendors, kids area, face painting, fun jumps etc.

Name:  IMG_5736.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  324.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5738.png
Views: 324
Size:  676.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5739.jpeg
Size:  37.0 KB

We can not do this as a University ?
    Nice post . . . if that atmosphere could be created somewhere between the fences, it could change everything . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Are you speaking about those god awfully designed sponsored posts on FB? If that's our idea of kicking the marketing up a notch, it's easy to see why we are a cellar dweller in our own conference in terms of attendance.
    There were promotions on FB, Twitter, Instagram etc. They also put signs on Campus on Thursday. I did not say it was good enough. I said it was better. Obviously there is plenty of room for improvement in the marketing area. Still fact remains few care about the Cajuns in the area. Most pay zero attention to our efforts on the field and off.

App, GaSo, Marshall, USM and Coastal have all sold out this year.

I think part of the problem is how many times the games get interrupted for TV timeouts. A great play or a turnover that generates excitement has to wait 3 or 4 minutes for the commercial. I know it is a huge generator of revenue for the conference but boring to sit through at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jric116 View Post
    I think part of the problem is how many times the games get interrupted for TV timeouts. A great play or a turnover that generates excitement has to wait 3 or 4 minutes for the commercial. I know it is a huge generator of revenue for the conference but boring to sit through at the game.
    Well thats not changing anytime soon so we have to find ways to combat that

There were promotions on FB, Twitter, Instagram etc. They also put signs on Campus on Thursday. I did not say it was good enough. I said it was better. Obviously there is plenty of room for improvement in the marketing area. Still fact remains few care about the Cajuns in the area. Most pay zero attention to our efforts on the field and off.
    We paid someone to make THIS, yet we say we can't open up a $10 first come first serve lot at CF because we'd have to pay someone to work it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information