Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12

Thread: 15,053

Default Re: 15,053

Things I miss the most from attending games in the 70's with my dad, from when I was a student and from when I first got season tickets

1) Reacting with the rest of the stadium to scores from other games being flashed on the scoreboard.

2) Thumbing through the Program during the game and keeping those Programs as souvenirs. To this day, all I have to do is pick up an old program and I immediately remember something from that game.

3) Hey Baby. Zydeco Boogaloo.

4) The chili dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but do they even have the ability to stream live video to the board? When they trot people out to be recognized on the field, they didn't show them on the board, unless I missed it.

Replays look like TV footage
    I meant pre-recorded videos not in game videos. They do show live video as they show the DJ numerous times

The social media promotions are needed. Next step is to find a way to promote the program to people who are not regular social media users. Dr. Maggard spoke at an event I was involved with back in 2021. He said on average he is at some type of function 3 nights per week. Now that is probably dealing with our current supporters. Probably need someone to speak to organizations like area Knights of Columbus councils.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Broyour missing the point. This has NOTHING to do with his coaching abilities. ZERO. I'm telling you.his ability and want-to, to get out in the community and engage, invite, get much needed donor cash flowing in, was the true reason for how he got people in the seats. Whats so hard to understand and/or acknowledge that? Besides, I never once said Des had to do that. In every post I talked about the adminthe university, being the ones who needed to do this. I was kidding about the HUD making a pass thing, but maybe I was right. It's weird.
    Relax. I’m entitled to my opinion. No he didn’t make a pass at my wife. I appreciate Hud for getting our program to new heights. I believe he’s who we needed at the time. His presence in the public was also a positive at the time. But if he wouldn’t have been such a mouth piece but the program succeeded on the field like they did, would the crowds have been there. I think they would have for reasons I already stated.

And I also think for all the fans his public appearances may have added in his successes he lost just as many or more when the winning fell off and his backing of the antics came to light. I believe that situation put him in a tough spot and I don’t blame him for the stance he took, nor do I think supporters should have jumped ship. But it happened and they haven’t returned. Billy’s support of the team March probably did the same thing to keep those supporters away.

We have a program full of fickle fans that don’t need much reason to stay away. And the negatives out weigh the positives. I want Dez to win games, that it. If the fans don’t show I put none of the blame on the players or coaches. They’re pulling their weight right now. Hopefully we have a good crowd for HC and get a good win. Maybe that alone will turn the tide with the fan base some.

Geaux Cajuns !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It has been said ad nauseam, Lafayette is one of the only areas in the state that has steady growth over the last 5 years. Our population here is not declining. Also, 20% poverty rate but average household income of $82K? You actually believe that?

Yup, makes sense. The gap keeps widening. Very top heavy salaries bring up averages, but the 20k+ swing to the median indicates a large population on the low end. The numbers have increased greatly since mid 2010s.

What are the median and average incomes in Lafayette? The average annual household income in Lafayette is $82,752, while the median household income sits at $55,329 per year

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Relax. I’m entitled to my opinion. No he didn’t make a pass at my wife. I appreciate Hud for getting our program to new heights. I believe he’s who we needed at the time. His presence in the public was also a positive at the time. But if he wouldn’t have been such a mouth piece but the program succeeded on the field like they did, would the crowds have been there. I think they would have for reasons I already stated.

And I also think for all the fans his public appearances may have added in his successes he lost just as many or more when the winning fell off and his backing of the antics came to light. I believe that situation put him in a tough spot and I don’t blame him for the stance he took, nor do I think supporters should have jumped ship. But it happened and they haven’t returned. Billy’s support of the team March probably did the same thing to keep those supporters away.

We have a program full of fickle fans that don’t need much reason to stay away. And the negatives out weigh the positives. I want Dez to win games, that it. If the fans don’t show I put none of the blame on the players or coaches. They’re pulling their weight right now. Hopefully we have a good crowd for HC and get a good win. Maybe that alone will turn the tide with the fan base some.

Geaux Cajuns !!!!!
    Yeah, I'm just messing with you about the Hud pass. But Jacob, maybe go back and read my original post. Had nothing to do whatsoever with his coaching ability or that he lost the crowd. My post was about how to get people in the stands and we should look at how that was done. How he lost them or how he coached is completely irrelevant. He was someone who GOT OUT IN THE COMMUNITY FACE TO FACE. URGED THEM. INVITED THEM. SOLICITED DONORS! Since he left, a fb or twitter post is the extent of the effort. This shouldn't be this difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Yeah, I'm just messing with you about the Hud pass. But Jacob, maybe go back and read my original post. Had nothing to do whatsoever with his coaching ability or that he lost the crowd. My post was about how to get people in the stands and we should look at how that was done. How he lost them or how he coached is completely irrelevant. He was someone who GOT OUT IN THE COMMUNITY FACE TO FACE. URGED THEM. INVITED THEM. SOLICITED DONORS! Since he left, a fb or twitter post is the extent of the effort. This shouldn't be this difficult.
    Correct. Hud was ingrained in the community the moment he was hired. He made so many good decisions. He decided that the program needed a rebranding and got new uniforms, RCAF push, IPF push and then went out in the community to tell them the importance of those things. He was hitting the lunch scene hard. I was at probably 4 or 5 of appearances when he spoke to numerous civic groups and there was not a seat to be had. He generated a renewed interest by the community in the program and made it feel big time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Things I miss the most from attending games in the 70's with my dad, from when I was a student and from when I first got season tickets

1) Reacting with the rest of the stadium to scores from other games being flashed on the scoreboard.

2) Thumbing through the Program during the game and keeping those Programs as souvenirs. To this day, all I have to do is pick up an old program and I immediately remember something from that game.

4) The chili dogs.
    1 & 3 for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

4) The chili dogs.
    For #1, I get it, but that is why reliable, fast internet access is so needed now at CF. You will not get crowd reaction because so many are following on their phones in real time now.

Monday Night Football halftime was the ONLY place to get highlights of that weekends NFL games. It was literally must watch TV. Now ESPN, X, Sunday Ticket, NFL network, etc give near instant access to all of these things.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12

Thread Information