Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 15,053

Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    im 3 hrs away I see facebook, twitter and emails every week, also a couple of different podcasts a week, not sure what more you can ask for
    LoL. Because you're connected to the university as a fan on their social media sites. You think the average resident follows anything UL athletics social media sites? The answer is no. You think those emails you're getting are going to every resident? They're basically advertising to the people that already go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    And he won like we’ve not seen before. I credit him for his public appearances even though it was probably more stroking his own ego than anything. But without winning and doing what hadn’t been done here on the field the stadium would not have been as full as it was.
    Ok. If winning was why the numbers were up, then why weren't they even higher for Napier? It's weird how you can't see what his efforts out in the community had on getting attendance up. If you can't acknowledge the effect that had, you're either blind or HUD made a pass at your old lady.

My point is the average fan said we’re finally winning and going to bowl games in Nola this is awesome. Then we lost towards the end of the Hud era. Billy built it back up and we started winning again and bowling but the average fan had already done that. It wasn’t shiny and new. The average fan is in “what’s next mode”. The average fan sees nothing the program is doing as special anymore. We’re a good football program in a mid level conference. “Big deal”. Unfortunately our best teams were during Covid. We’ve had no big wins since ISU and the average fan might not even consider that a big win.

And Hud was a great speaker and an average coach. He won some games in a bad sunbelt conference. He could not duplicate that on field success today. To win in this conference you need to be coaching 365 days a year, not shaking hands and kissing babies. I want my coach coaching. Maggard or one of his minions needs to be out in public pushing this program.

And Hud was a great speaker and an average coach. He won some games in a bad sunbelt conference. He could not duplicate that on field success today. To win in this conference you need to be coaching 365 days a year, not shaking hands and kissing babies. I want my coach coaching. Maggard or one of his minions needs to be out in public pushing this program.
    I disagree. Maggard doesn't need to be pushing the program in the public.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I disagree. Maggard doesn't need to be pushing the program in the public.
    Well, someone sure needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Well, someone sure needs to.
    A director of athletics job shouldn't be to get out in the public. Another mouth piece needs to do it.

8. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    A director of athletics job shouldn't be to get out in the public. Another mouth piece needs to do it.
    At P5 universities you have tons of people in the Athletic Department that you can get to do this, but at most mid-majors/G5 schools you don't, so the coaches/AD ends up having to do this. I agree it shouldn't be this way, but we don't have tons of extra people around capable of doing this.

The LSU AD is not the guy running around promoting LSU, he has minions for that. The UL AD is the guy on the radio and shaking hands all the time. Our AD is in the public allot more than most, or had been in the past. Nico was another one that took some of this off his hands, but without Nico we don't have anyone right now capable of being that mouthpiece.

I think the other issue is that most AD's and BM is a perfect example of this, only want some information in the public. By Dr. Maggard being that mouthpiece, he can control exactly what is said to the public. If you send a minion out and bad information gets out there, things could go array, as we have seen on this board many times.

And Hud was a great speaker and an average coach. He won some games in a bad sunbelt conference. He could not duplicate that on field success today. To win in this conference you need to be coaching 365 days a year, not shaking hands and kissing babies. I want my coach coaching. Maggard or one of his minions needs to be out public pushing this program.
    Broyour missing the point. This has NOTHING to do with his coaching abilities. ZERO. I'm telling you.his ability and want-to, to get out in the community and engage, invite, get much needed donor cash flowing in, was the true reason for how he got people in the seats. Whats so hard to understand and/or acknowledge that? Besides, I never once said Des had to do that. In every post I talked about the adminthe university, being the ones who needed to do this. I was kidding about the HUD making a pass thing, but maybe I was right. It's weird.

Going back to the video board. Why don't they do little interviews during TV timeouts, like stupid things like favorite food, movie, etc. They did these in the past and provided some funny moments. It not only fills timeout voids but allows our fans to get to know our players more

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Going back to the video board. Why don't they do little interviews during TV timeouts, like stupid things like favorite food, movie, etc. They did these in the past and provided some funny moments. It not only fills timeout voids but allows our fans to get to know our players more
    No, that's too good of an idea.it'll never fly.

And/ or use the new ribbon board to flash scores from other games of interest. That could be done in between ads

Maybe I'm wrong, but do they even have the ability to stream live video to the board? When they trot people out to be recognized on the field, they didn't show them on the board, unless I missed it.

Replays look like TV footage

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but do they even have the ability to stream live video to the board? When they trot people out to be recognized on the field, they didn't show them on the board, unless I missed it.

Replays look like TV footage
    I wanna say this offseason I saw a video with Sam and someone else in the creative department saying they had "new toys" and it was a camera synced up to the video board.

Things I miss the most from attending games in the 70's with my dad, from when I was a student and from when I first got season tickets

1) Reacting with the rest of the stadium to scores from other games being flashed on the scoreboard.

2) Thumbing through the Program during the game and keeping those Programs as souvenirs. To this day, all I have to do is pick up an old program and I immediately remember something from that game.

3) Hey Baby. Zydeco Boogaloo.

4) The chili dogs.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information