Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

22,222 tickets sold.

17333 & 1/3

Default Re: HOCO ATTENDANCE VS GEORGIA ST?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    These are pathetic guesses, and all highly likely accurate.
    Ditto. Anything less than 35k will be a disappointment. And I know that is a pipe dream to get 35k+.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post

Is the city of Lafayette still Cajun?
    Yes but they wear that yellow and purple crap now.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Alumni are the Foundation Stone. This must be fixed. I remember a post talking about alum from other schools keep their @louisiana.com email. That's a great idea. Any communication via that channel would possess 1000% more gravity

If I can get 7 political spam text a day, then why can't the University alum association send out these homecoming texts and emails as reminders.We want you there!!! Now that's a text I wouldn't mind.

6. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    If I can get 7 political spam text a day, then why can't the University alum association send out these homecoming texts and emails as reminders.We want you there!!! Now that's a text I wouldn't mind.
    Out of fear that the MyID@Louisiana.edu email address will be misused for cheap software, it is revoked.

Louisiana needs to issue every freshman a GetinTheGame@RaginCajuns.com email address and let them keep it for life.

For all alumni they need to issue a free gameday ticket (of their choosing) for opening a RaginCajuns.com email address.

If the host provider says it's too much work, get a new host provider.

Have an email sign up drive, "LOUISIANA, My School, My Team"

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I would like to know how much App State fans pay to tailgate around town? It sounds like they allow tailgating to be organic and make their money in sales.
    Wow, what an insightful ideado you think we could get our administration to try this? (sarcasm). That is the way it should be. I can see having some reserved spots for tailgating, but open up the rest for first come, first served. Let people have fun again. The university would make so much more money if they did. Have vendors walk the parking lots and tailgating spots before the games. They would make a killing. Or have a designated spot for all vendors and advertise this. There are so many ways to bring the people back. Unfortunately, our University is trying to drive people away.and they are succeeding.

I remember in the late 70's, early 80's going to the games with my mom and dad. We would drive to Cajun field about 3 hours before game time, park and start tailgating right there. Dad would bring lawn chairs, mom would have usually fried chicken. I would have coca cola and they would have Budweiser's. Dad and I would throw the ball or if I brought a friend, we would all throw the ball and go walking around before heading into the games. We sat Sect. D, row 11, seats 15-19. Those were the days.

We never missed a home game. Dad even brought us to the LSU games growing up. But tailgating was so different over there. Their stadium was much larger, but they sure didn't know how to pass a good time. So I grew up a Cajun fan. It was my choice and I'm glad my father gave me the option to choose. But today's administration is killing that. They need to look in the mirror and realize they made a wrong decision and now need to correct the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Out of fear that the MyID@Louisiana.edu email address will be misused for cheap software, it is revoked.

Louisiana needs to issue every freshman a GetinTheGame@RaginCajuns.com email address and let them keep it for life.

For all alumni they need to issue a free gameday ticket (of their choosing) for opening a RaginCajuns.com email address.

If the host provider says it's too much work, get a new host provider.

Have an email sign up drive, "LOUISIANA, My School, My Team"
    Love that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Love that idea.
    Me too.

Default Re: HOCO ATTENDANCE VS GEORGIA ST?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    These are pathetic guesses, and all highly likely accurate.
    LoL! My exact thoughts!

Spoke to someone today who said her family had a UL tailgate spot for 20+ years. During Covid there was no tailgating, so obviously they didn't go but the school still wanted them to continue paying RCAF fees for a tailgate spot they were not allowed to use, or else they would forfeit the spot to the supposed "waiting list of people" that wanted to pay for it.

So they stopped paying it they stopped going have a sour taste in their mouth when it comes to UL, and eventually realized they don't HAVE to go to Cajun Field every Saturday

She said her son who lives in the midwest reminded her that homecoming was a couple weeks away, and she had no idea and had to look up the schedule to see when it was, kickoff time, etc. She clicked on the "Buy Tickets" link on our schedule page, and made it as far as the screen that shows 4 Tix @ $19 + $72 in Ticketmaster fees. and she said to hell with that.

These are the people that take you from 15k to 30k and in two minutes we lost her, likely forever, as that's all she's going to think going forward: "UL games are ridiculous expensive for that team"

12. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Cajuns attendance avg in 1971: 18,333

Cajuns attendance avg in 2023: 16,971

Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Spoke to someone today who said her family had a UL tailgate spot for 20+ years. During Covid there was no tailgating, so obviously they didn't go but the school still wanted them to continue paying RCAF fees for a tailgate spot they were not allowed to use, or else they would forfeit the spot to the supposed "waiting list of people" that wanted to pay for it.

So they stopped paying it they stopped going have a sour taste in their mouth when it comes to UL, and eventually realized they don't HAVE to go to Cajun Field every Saturday

She said her son who lives in the midwest reminded her that homecoming was a couple weeks away, and she had no idea and had to look up the schedule to see when it was, kickoff time, etc. She clicked on the "Buy Tickets" link on our schedule page, and made it as far as the screen that shows 4 Tix @ $19 + $72 in Ticketmaster fees. and she said to hell with that.

These are the people that take you from 15k to 30k and in two minutes we lost her, likely forever, as that's all she's going to think going forward: "UL games are ridiculous expensive for that team"
    Your friend got bad information. Yes during covid your annual donation is your annual donation and there was no waving that. The 500 that I pay for the tailgate spot that I have been getting since the 90s was not charged as there was no tailgating. To take that a step further one year a few years back 1/2 of our home games were on week nights so they reimbursed 1/2 the cost of the TG spot.

The ticket master fees are ridiculous and it is my understanding they are trying to move away from that. Tell your friend if they go to any box office either cajun dome or at the stadium on game day there are no ticket master fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Cajuns attendance avg in 1971: 18,333

Cajuns attendance avg in 2023: 16,971

Yikes
    1971 was a brand new stadium coming from McNaspy. Hopefully the new stadium will give a boost if for nothing else curiosity.

7:00 PM start time is great news for people that want to attend Gulf Brew and UL Homecoming. Reminder that there will be a shuttle operating between downtown and Cajun Field from 1 PM - 5:30 PM

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information