Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

2. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    . . . I would bet that there are way more than 3K of the 18K that watch Louisiana, LSU and the Saints every single weekend . . . and most of them are watching the Astros right now . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    4-2 at the halfway mark and this team seems to be improving.

Nothing is a guarantee with this team, but to me it looks like Arkansas State, ULM and USM are games we should win, Troy, Ga State and USA are going to be toss ups. If we win the games we are supposed to win (3) and even go 1-2 vs the others, we are in for an 8-4 season.

I think Troy and Georgia State scare me the most. We must win the USM, A-State and ULM games.

My order of toughness for the remaining schedule:

1. Troy
    2. Georgia State
    3. USA
    4. USM
    5. Arkansas State
    6. ULM

That being said, #5 and #6 always give us tough games.
    Solid take as always. I see 1-6 all being super competitive.

#4 USM at home is the game I'm most looking forward to from the old/ new rivalry stand point. We definitely can't take that game for granted

The game will be at 7pm on ESPNU.

5. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Solid take as always. I see 1-6 all being super competitive.

#4 USM at home is the game I'm most looking forward to from the old/ new rivalry stand point. We definitely can't take that game for granted
    We can not take any of the games we have lightly, they are all capable of beating us, but in return we are capable of beating all of them.

The ULM and Arkansas State games were tough for me to look at they could go either way as far as who is #5 and who is #6, but the difference for me is QB and where we play them. We go to Arkansas State and traditionally we have struggled to play there and ULM is at home, the other difference to me is QB play. Arkansas State has switched over to an exciting young QB in Jaylen Raynor who has put up some great numbers since taking over, while ULM is sticking with Jiya Wright how has struggled mightily since taking over the reigns at ULM. In 3+ games at Arkansas State Raynor has 10 TD's vs 1 INT, now granted those games were against Stoney Brook, USM, UMASS and Troy and Troy was his worst game. Meanwhile in 4 games at ULM, Wright has 5 TD's vs 5 INT's and is barely completing 50% of his passes, in fact the only game he completed more than 50% of his passes in was vs App State where he was 18-27. Overall he is 48 - 92 for 544 yards (that is roughly 136 yards per game) and the App game he threw for 268 yards. Take that game out and look at these numbers.

30 of 65 for 276 1 TD and 4 INTs in 3 games vs Army, Texas A&M and USA, he did not play vs Lamar and had his best game vs App. Now he has had some success with his legs with 45 carries for 196 yards and 1 TD.

So based on where we play them and the overall QB play, I give the advantage to Arkansas State vs ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That’s wild. For homecoming? I know it’s tv influenced, but still strange.

Was going to bring the kids to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . I would bet that there are way more than 3K of the 18K that watch Louisiana, LSU and the Saints every single weekend . . . and most of them are watching the Astros right now . . .
    It probably more like 3k that don't religiously watch nor is interested in LSU games, if we're being realistic.

8. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    It probably more like 3k that don't religiously watch nor is interested in LSU games, if we're being realistic.
    I am going to say 1 person will be at the game, that way when we have somewhere between 13K and 20K I won't be disappointed.

We have two full weeks to market and promote this game like our lives depend on it. My guess is we'll sit on our hands and say, "Hopefully the renovated stadium will cure all of our problems."

7PM kick on ESPNU.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    4-2 at the halfway mark and this team seems to be improving.

Nothing is a guarantee with this team, but to me it looks like Arkansas State, ULM and USM are games we should win, Troy, Ga State and USA are going to be toss ups. If we win the games we are supposed to win (3) and even go 1-2 vs the others, we are in for an 8-4 season.

I think Troy and Georgia State scare me the most. We must win the USM, A-State and ULM games.

My order of toughness for the remaining schedule:

1. Troy
    2. Georgia State
    3. USA
    4. USM
    5. Arkansas State
    6. ULM

That being said, #5 and #6 always give us tough games.
    Flip flop 5 and 6.

12. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Flip flop 5 and 6.
    I guess you missed this part of my response. That was a tough call, but again, playing A-State on the road vs ULM at home and the fact that A-State is getting much better QB play than ULM right now gives them a little bit of an edge vs ULM. Just my opinion.

We can not take any of the games we have lightly, they are all capable of beating us, but in return we are capable of beating all of them.

The ULM and Arkansas State games were tough for me to look at they could go either way as far as who is #5 and who is #6, but the difference for me is QB and where we play them. We go to Arkansas State and traditionally we have struggled to play there and ULM is at home, the other difference to me is QB play. Arkansas State has switched over to an exciting young QB in Jaylen Raynor who has put up some great numbers since taking over, while ULM is sticking with Jiya Wright how has struggled mightily since taking over the reigns at ULM. In 3+ games at Arkansas State Raynor has 10 TD's vs 1 INT, now granted those games were against Stoney Brook, USM, UMASS and Troy and Troy was his worst game. Meanwhile in 4 games at ULM, Wright has 5 TD's vs 5 INT's and is barely completing 50% of his passes, in fact the only game he completed more than 50% of his passes in was vs App State where he was 18-27. Overall he is 48 - 92 for 544 yards (that is roughly 136 yards per game) and the App game he threw for 268 yards. Take that game out and look at these numbers.

30 of 65 for 276 1 TD and 4 INTs in 3 games vs Army, Texas A&M and USA, he did not play vs Lamar and had his best game vs App. Now he has had some success with his legs with 45 carries for 196 yards and 1 TD.

So based on where we play them and the overall QB play, I give the advantage to Arkansas State vs ULM.

13. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Perfect.

That's another 4,256 people attending.

14. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Perfect.

. . . Louisiana Saturday Nights worth that many . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Perfect.

Same day as Gulf Brew. There IS a shuttle running from Cajun Field to downtown, but it's probably only one.

Great opportunity to try and two-for-one with them, but I doubt there's many people interested in spending $30 for gulf brew then shuttling over to CF to spend even more there

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information