Thread: Under Recognized Play

UL Football Under Recognized Play

In the second quarter, Finley completed a long pass to Hobert for Tx State. What looked to be a TD did not occur due to Courtline Flowers (No. 7 on defense). He gave great effort in chasing Hobert down from behind and caught him around the 10. The defense stiffened and forced a FG. That put the Bobcats up 20 to 7. As a result, Flowers getting the receiver on the ground turned out to be a 4 point play. Teams that are focused and together have guys come up with plays like that. That is why I never have any question that our guys will give maximum effort when they step on the field. If plays like that continue to occur, the Cajuns will have success in the second half of the year.

Default Re: Under Recognized Play

I re-watched the game this morning and noticed the same thing. Big time hustle play Mr Flowers!

3. Default Re: Under Recognized Play

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    In the second quarter, Finley completed a long pass to Hobert for Tx State. What looked to be a TD did not occur due to Courtline Flowers (No. 7 on defense). He gave great effort in chasing Hobert down from behind and caught him around the 10. The defense stiffened and forced a FG. That put the Bobcats up 20 to 7. As a result, Flowers getting the receiver on the ground turned out to be a 4 point play. Teams that are focused and together have guys come up with plays like that. That is why I never have any question that our guys will give maximum effort when they step on the field. If plays like that continue to occur, the Cajuns will have success in the second half of the year.
    Great effort play CMike. Very similar to BW effort play

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I re-watched the game this morning and noticed the same thing. Big time hustle play Mr Flowers!
    Same, can’t believe he caught up to that cat.

Kudos Mr Flowers!

Yes. He went wide open. They'll be adding a new fleur to his helmet for sure.

6. Default Re: Under Recognized Play

Great post C-Mike!!!

Thread Information