Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: It's The Culture, Stupid

Default It's The Culture, Stupid

It's the culture, stupid.It's our culture to enjoy good food, good music, dancing, honoring hard work with an equally honored good time, interacting with friends and family, recognizing a culture in South Louisiana built on the backs of generations of "Cajuns" ( full disclosure, I'm not a native Cajun, but I fully embrace the this life and lifestyle) This culture is generations deep, it's why we all live in a one of a kind culture.

Allow me to ask WHY doesUL, season after season, sport after sport, continue to totally ignore the inclusion of this unique culture into athletic (mainly football) game day experience?

The football game day /stadium experience (after repeating the same format) multiple seasons, has really not changed despite Maggard hiring people to take charge of the situation. Are they that incompetent?

UL has ____ed away opportunity after opportunity to engage the local fan and alumni. And there are a ton of examples mentioned on these pages every season.Why this operation doesn't embrace the local culture, leverage it (along with other CF assets that sit in plain site), promote it, and showcase it on game days is just mind numbing.

Tuesday night, App plays a 2-2 COVID Carolina team in Boone. That culture will be on full display on ESPN2 along with 30,000+ fans.App leverages it's mountain culture all game long. Youseph, Eric Church, Luke Combs music, Alabama's "Play me some mountain music" it's all on display

The whole UL athletic department should attend next week's Festival Acadiens, and figure out a way to transfer that energy, culture, and fun into CF.

It's not so much the football being played at CF, plenty of home success over the last 5 years.it's the ____zz show, high school like, in game experience that is keeping fans away.there is nothing Ragin or Cajun about CF on game days.it's the culture, stupidor lack there of.

2. Default Re: It's The Culture, Stupid

He gets it.

Default Re: It's The Culture, Stupid

YES!!!

I don’t think people who are running this program understand Cajun Culture!!

This isn’t Missouri this is Louisiana and the Deep South.

HUD was the only one that understood it, because he came from Mississippi and a small town.

If you representing Cajun Culture well freaking act like it !!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It's the culture, stupid.It's our culture to enjoy good food, good music, dancing, honoring hard work with an equally honored good time, interacting with friends and family, recognizing a culture in South Louisiana built on the backs of generations of "Cajuns" ( full disclosure, I'm not a native Cajun, but I fully embrace the this life and lifestyle) This culture is generations deep, it's why we all live in a one of a kind culture.

Allow me to ask WHY doesUL, season after season, sport after sport, continue to totally ignore the inclusion of this unique culture into athletic (mainly football) game day experience?

The football game day /stadium experience (after repeating the same format) multiple seasons, has really not changed despite Maggard hiring people to take charge of the situation. Are they that incompetent?

UL has ____ed away opportunity after opportunity to engage the local fan and alumni. And there are a ton of examples mentioned on these pages every season.Why this operation doesn't embrace the local culture, leverage it (along with other CF assets that sit in plain site), promote it, and showcase it on game days is just mind numbing.

Tuesday night, App plays a 2-2 COVID Carolina team in Boone. That culture will be on full display on ESPN2 along with 30,000+ fans.App leverages it's mountain culture all game long. Youseph, Eric Church, Luke Combs music, Alabama's "Play me some mountain music" it's all on display

The whole UL athletic department should attend next week's Festival Acadiens, and figure out a way to transfer that energy, culture, and fun into CF.

It's not so much the football being played at CF, plenty of home success over the last 5 years.it's the ____zz show, high school like, in game experience that is keeping fans away.there is nothing Ragin or Cajun about CF on game days.it's the culture, stupidor lack there of.
    I agree take it a step further and explain what you mean by embracing the culture and the game day experience. Every week there is a local band outside of the stadium that you’d typically see playing at a local festival or downtown alive. Many people still go to watch the band and leave for the game. I seem to recall people complaining when the marching band played Beau Jacque. Explain more of what should be done that would bring people in?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I agree take it a step further and explain what you mean by embracing the culture and the game day experience. Every week there is a local band outside of the stadium that you’d typically see playing at a local festival or downtown alive. Many people still go to watch the band and leave for the game. I seem to recall people complaining when the marching band played Beau Jacque. Explain more of what should be done that would bring people in?
    Shotgun Lillie (band under Oak) was a horrible fit. Their music sucked and no one was dancing (Guns and Roses? Really?)

My point is to feature or mix in local Cajun and zydeco instead of that thud, thud, thud thug musicThe POA has worn out Cornbreadgeeze, try to keep it fresh.

Grammy noms and winners are all over the area, leverage it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    YES!!!

I don’t think people who are running this program understand Cajun Culture!!

This isn’t Missouri this is Louisiana and the Deep South.

HUD was the only one that understood it, because he came from Mississippi and a small town.

If you representing Cajun Culture well freaking act like it !!
    Up until recently and he maybe still involved John Dugas was in charge of game day management. He’s not from Mizzou.

7. Default Re: It's The Culture, Stupid

Ill tell you exactly what the issue is.none of the people running the program have a clue what our culture is about because none of them are from around here.

Shotgun Lillie (band under Oak) was a horrible fit. Their music sucked and no one was dancing (Guns and Roses? Really?)

My point is to feature or mix in local Cajun and zydeco instead of that thud, thud, thud thug musicThe POA has worn out Cornbreadgeeze, try to keep it fresh.

Ok. One game you complain about who the band is. I’m not one to hang by the stage except for the pep rally with the marching band. Typically the band is something of the zydeco type. I know it was for Buffalo. Coming in the near future is Rouge Krewe all ex Cajun POA members. Homecoming is typically someone above average.

I am still waiting for your answer as to what should they do to embrace the culture that would get more people in the stands. I like the idea just curious as to the answer.

100% disagree. Shotgun Lillie was by far the best band Under the Oak this year. So much better than lots of the crap today. The crowd was into them. Even the cheerleaders came by and really got into it. Why does there have to be dancing to enjoy the music? The way the ended with Enter Sandman was great. (Ever see Virginia Tech's pre game entrance to Metallica?)

10. Default Re: It's The Culture, Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Up until recently and he maybe still involved John Dugas was in charge of game day management. He’s not from Mizzou.
    He was not motivated to do much of anything beyond the normal operations. JD took over ragincajuns.com a few years back and let it stay dormant for almost a year.

Is it just me or did we take it up a notch with our "____ the older fans off with the music" strategy yesterday? Not only was it 95% hip hop, but half the time the bass was turned up so much it wasn't even discernible what songs were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Is it just me or did we take it up a notch with our "____ the older fans off with the music" strategy yesterday? Not only was it 95% hip hop, but half the time the bass was turned up so much it wasn't even discernible what songs were playing.
    Prong one run off the youngsters. Prong two run off the oldsters. Prong three stop fans from talking about the game. Prong four shut down the program.

Quote Originally Posted by CockyCajun View Post
    Prong one run off the youngsters. Prong two run off the oldsters. Prong three stop fans from talking about the game. Prong four shut down the program.
    Damn is that what is really going on ! All hail king LSU, we sacrifice ourselves so they can be the dominant force forever and always.

Man I freaking knew it!

I had a laugh today. I went to Rouses in Youngsville to get some gumbo stuff. I walked by the chicken and it was basically empty aside from some wings and breasts. Makes sense. First fall weather of the season.

The reason I laughed was because of course everyone is making gumbo. Then I thought about what several people have noted. You need to know your audience and sell them on your product. We’re a very predictable people.

Agree. But we're screaming into the ether. They ain't gon' do $#!+.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information