Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So I went to a fraternity party last night!

Default Re: So I went to a fraternity party last night!

The students absolutely ____ the bed yesterday and deserve all the hate we can throw at them! Completely unacceptable and embarrassing! We have a serious problem on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I don’t get 15k on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

On a side note I saw a dude in the upper deck with a green Cajuns shirt. Where does one find a green Ragin Cajuns shirt?
    I saw that clown in the stands, when did green become a school color?

3. Default Re: So I went to a fraternity party last night!

. . . that is what happens when our custom and usage school color of black gets so much flack . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I don’t get 15k on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

On a side note I saw a dude in the upper deck with a green Cajuns shirt. Where does one find a green Ragin Cajuns shirt?
    I've seen them sold in the Red zone stores around St. Patrick's day. That's probably when that person bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I saw that clown in the stands, when did green become a school color?
    I guess at the same time Black became a school color. Heck we lack tradition so much here they should come out in a different color every week. You can announce this week is an Orange out, blue out, green out… then everyone would have to go out and buy a Cajun shirt for the color of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I've seen them sold in the Red zone stores around St. Patrick's day. That's probably when that person bought it.
    Ain’t gonna lie it was a good looking shirt, green and white striped with stacked red Ragin Cajuns. I am gonna look for one in March.

While on the topic of attendance I kind of chuckle when I hear Nick on ragin review complain about attendance yet he didn't go to the game (yes I know he lives in Houston but I live almost 2 hours away and make every game)

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    While on the topic of attendance I kind of chuckle when I hear Nick on ragin review complain about attendance yet he didn't go to the game (yes I know he lives in Houston but I live almost 2 hours away and make every game)
    Nick lives about 4 hours away. 2 hours and 4 hours is a bit different.

Plus I think nicks paid his dues lol…

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Guy shouldn't be _____ing about people not going to games if he's not willing to drive 3 hours 6x a year to support a school that he's so invested in that he's part of a fan podcast. I don't think that's asking too much. Hell, attend the game, visit family, stock up on Cajun food and whatnot.
    ____, my brother flies into BR 4-5 x a year for LSU games. I'm not giving him slack on that.

Guy shouldn't be _____ing about people not going to games if he's not willing to drive 3 hours 6x a year to support a school that he's so invested in that he's part of a fan podcast. I don't think that's asking too much. Hell, attend the game, visit family, stock up on Cajun food and whatnot.
    ____, my brother flies into BR 4-5 x a year for LSU games. I'm not giving him slack on that.
    It would be 8 hours. 4x2=8. Where are you getting 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . that is what happens when our custom and usage school color of black gets so much flack . . .
    Custom and tradition is what happened from 1900 through the Stokley years. When Jerry first introduced black into our uniforms that was a lack of custom and tradition. Should have never been allowed to just infringe on our schools colors, customs and traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Then Nick is not in Houston. Must be in a suburb about an hour on the other side of Lafayette. Houston is 3 hours from here. I’ve done it in 2:45 on a good day.

My dude, I attended nearly every football game while living in Lafayette AND Baton Rouge for nearly 20 years. I was there from the end of Stokely through Baldwin, Bustle, etc.

Know what I am doing on weekends when I'm not driving 8 hours round trip for a game? I'm trying to drum up support in the Houston area with local alumni by hosting watch parties that I am paying for out of my own pocket.

Part of the problem is no one who has/had a platform in the Lafayette area will have the difficult conversation and say what needs to be said. The problem is NOT people like me who live hours outside of the city and cannot attend. The problem is the people who live 10 mins from the stadium and choose not to attend.

Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I called out the community, but I said what I said and I stand by it. There is absolutely no excuse for an empty stadium on a Saturday afternoon with perfect weather. The program should not have to rely on people living four hours away to attend games in order to have a decent crowd.

I've donated so much of my time, energy and money to this program over half of my life. I think that gives me the right to say what is on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    My dude, I attended nearly every football game while living in Lafayette AND Baton Rouge for nearly 20 years. I was there from the end of Stokely through Baldwin, Bustle, etc.

Know what I am doing on weekends when I'm not driving 8 hours round trip for a game? I'm trying to drum up support in the Houston area with local alumni by hosting watch parties that I am paying for out of my own pocket.

Part of the problem is no one who has/had a platform in the Lafayette area will have the difficult conversation and say what needs to be said. The problem is NOT people like me who live hours outside of the city and cannot attend. The problem is the people who live 10 mins from the stadium and choose not to attend.

Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I called out the community, but I said what I said and I stand by it. There is absolutely no excuse for an empty stadium on a Saturday afternoon with perfect weather. The program should not have to rely on people living four hours away to attend games in order to have a decent crowd.

I've donated so much of my time, energy and money to this program over half of my life. I think that gives me the right to say what is on my mind.
    Told yall he had a 8 hour round trip. Never doubt Nick loyalty to UL. Some of you guys have no clue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information