Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 34, Texas State 30

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Texas State has 71 new players (transfer and signees). 71. Coach brought all but one starting OL with him from IW.

Happy Des took a knee at the end. The guy on the other sideline has the Spurrier approach.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Texas State has 71 new players (transfer and signees). 71. Coach brought all but one starting OL with him from IW.

Happy Des took a knee at the end. The guy on the other sideline has the Spurrier approach.
    Cool, 71 new players and a coach learned who their daddy is today.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Cool, 71 new players and a coach learned who their daddy is today.
    Oh that’s good.

The game plan was to limit their big plays, keep them in front and limit the big plays that turn into touchdowns. That team was 4-1 scoring points in bunches. We held them under their average. We made a few bad errors on offense, and some bad penalties which lead to us not leading the game sooner.

We won, because of the scheme.
    I'm happy for the win but CLM is a joke. The kids had to will to win at the end he is terrible. I may not attend another home game until he's fired or quits that's how terrible he is. We have athletes on this team, the offense has found it's grove but have to score 30 plus points to win games. At this pace the backup will never get experience in garbage games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I'm happy for the win but CLM is a joke. The kids had to will to win at the end he is terrible. I may not attend another home game until he's fired or quits that's how terrible he is. We have athletes on this team, the offense has found it's grove but have to score 30 plus points to win games. At this pace the backup will never get experience in garbage games.
    It was literally our game plan, as explained by CMD before the game. Limit the explosive plays. That’s going to lead to giving up yards and drives. And it worked, we held them 10 points under their season average. I’m sure they wanted to get more stops, but they got enough and importantly held them to three a few times instead of giving up big play touchdowns.

It’s not pretty, but we beat a good team today even though we turned the ball over in the red zone and had some big penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    We were manhandled at the line of scrimmage. Nothing coaching can do for that. Oh, and that was the second lowest point total T state has had all year. It was tough to watch, but understand what you’re watching. That was a good offensive football team.

It was literally our game plan, as explained by CMD before the game. Limit the explosive plays. That’s going to lead to giving up yards and drives. And it worked, we held them 10 points under their season average. I’m sure they wanted to get more stops, but they got enough and importantly held them to three a few times instead of giving up big play touchdowns.

It’s not pretty, but we beat a good team today even though we turned the ball over in the red zone and had some big penalties.
    It was not fun to watch, and it is risky. Especially with our offense shooting itself in the foot. However, this team did outplay Texas State in the 2H which is progress from what we have been experiencing this season.

I’ll be watching that Ga State - Marshall game next week with a lot of interest.

Also, all of our remaining matchups aren’t going to be crazy tempo, like ODU and TSU, so that is encouraging.

Lastly, we were missing some impact players today: Carter on offense and Migl went down early as well, so Guidry played some and we had to use 11 personnel a lot more than we are use to. On defense Hazard and Anderson didn’t play, which is tough especially facing an offense like Tx State.

This was a gutsy win that this team would not have won last season and/or earlier this season.

That was one of the most exciting games at Cajun Field in a long time. I normally take up for the students leaving at half time, especially for night games. It's drinking time, and the games aren't close. No excuse leaving that one. Wish more people could've seen that finish live.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Still stand by that. He has a lot of growing to do, which is fine. But especially on that errant/forced throw that was luckily called an incompletion after review.
    Dude, he's a redshirt freshman making his 3rd ever start. You expect him to be a polished QB at this point? Dude is a star in the making.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Dude, he's a redshirt freshman making his 3rd ever start. You expect him to be a polished QB at this point? Dude is a star in the making.
    . . . when a dude will go to a review to find a reason to complain after a win in a hard fought game . . . what else would you expect . . . our fans who post here just generally suck, there is no other way about it . . .

Totally agree. I do not expect him to be a polished QB, hence the "he has a lot of growing to do." I think he would even say that near interception should have been thrown out of bounds. It's easy to pick out one thing to critique on, but it was literally the in-game thread lol. I posted it before the call was overturned. I'll just go back to not posting during the game since everyone comes in with their magnifying glass after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . when a dude will go to a review to find a reason to complain after a win in a hard fought game . . . what else would you expect . . . our fans who post here just generally suck, there is no other way about it . . .
    I didn't even say one bad thing about a coach or a player. And I didn't post that after the game, it was immediately after he almost turned the ball over for our +3 turnovers. All I said in-game was:

1. I don't think we're going to win this game (end of 2nd half)
    2. Zeon has a lot of growing to do

I'm out though, you start ____ with everyone for no damn reason. Go to the game if you're that bored.

Can you imagine him with a full season under his belt? Whew!!!!

Anyone saying we got outcoached today is wrong. And threatening to not attend!! Bro don’t let the door hit you. Todays game is exactly how billy won most of his games. CMD can’t hold on to the football. Zeon almost made another mistake in his 3rd career start. Finley’s on his 3rd team and threw the one of the worst ints I’ve seen. Mistakes will happen. I wasn’t happy rushing 3 and playing 10 yards of the receivers. I _____ed all game about it. But tx st had 17 points early in the 2nd quarter and scored 13 the rest of the game. I’m going to give the staff and players all equal credit for the gameplan and execution.

Tx st scored 42 at Baylor
    50 at USM. At the end of the day the plan was stressful but worked well enough. And if we don’t fumble inside the 10 again!!! We could have been a lot less stressed in the second half.

Take the win. Take the week off. And stop the freakin _____ing!!!!

Geaux Cajuns !!!’

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Anyone saying we got outcoached today is wrong. And threatening to not attend!! Bro don’t let the door hit you. Todays game is exactly how billy won most of his games. CMD can’t hold on to the football. Zeon almost made another mistake in his 3rd career start. Finley’s on his 3rd team and threw the one of the worst ints I’ve seen. Mistakes will happen. I wasn’t happy rushing 3 and playing 10 yards of the receivers. I _____ed all game about it. But tx st had 17 points early in the 2nd quarter and scored 13 the rest of the game. I’m going to give the staff and players all equal credit for the gameplan and execution.

Tx st scored 42 at Baylor
    50 at USM. At the end of the day the plan was stressful but worked well enough. And if we don’t fumble inside the 10 again!!! We could have been a lot less stressed in the second half.

Take the win. Take the week off. And stop the freakin _____ing!!!!

Geaux Cajuns !!!’
    will do, Jacob

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread Information