Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More than one rival is needed

UL Football More than one rival is needed

With USM falling flat this year, its a good thing Texas State is rising. Must win!

Default Re: More than one rival is needed

Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage View Post
    With USM falling flat this year, its a good thing Texas State is rising. Must win!
    As long as we are in the same conference, USM will be #1 and Texas State will become 1A.

All it will take for Texas State to become that 1A rivalry is for them to get good. They are this year, and plus they have an lsubr retread at QB. My Spidey Tailgate senses are tingling.

3. Default Re: More than one rival is needed

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    As long as we are in the same conference, USM will be #1 and Texas State will become 1A.

All it will take for Texas State to become that 1A rivalry is for them to get good. They are this year, and plus they have an lsubr retread at QB. My Spidey Tailgate senses are tingling.
    I remember when we got a LSU quarterback transfer. He wasn’t nearly as good as this guy. In fact he was barely playable

4. Default Re: More than one rival is needed

. . . but, but, but, ULM . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I remember when we got a LSU quarterback transfer. He wasn’t nearly as good as this guy. In fact he was barely playable
    Sometimes you have to wonder how much it’s the talent and mentality of the player, and how much it’s the coaching development or lack there of.

Anthony Jennings’s head coaches were Les Miles and Hud. Neither we known developing QBs there went through their programs and running dynamic offenses.

TJ Finley had Ed Orgeron and Bryan Harsin (who ran off Bo Nix) before settling in with a up and coming offensive mind at Texas State, whose only season as a head coach (last year), guided an Incarnate Word team that put up 60 or more points in 4 of its 14 games.

Arkansas State when good is a bigger football rival than ULM or Tx St. It is a shame we can’t do a home and home with Tech every year on rivalry week. That would be our biggest rivalry hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Arkansas State when good is a bigger football rival than ULM or Tx St. It is a shame we can’t do a home and home with Tech every year on rivalry week. That would be our biggest rivalry hands down.
    I agree with everything you just said. I’d also take an alternating home/home with Tulane and LaTech. Basically have one of them on the home schedule and the other on the road schedule every year.

8. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: More than one rival is needed

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Scarlett quit pining for Ashley Wilkes , Rett Butler is available and plays you every year.

SBC wants TX State to be our rival. It is becoming just that in Softball and Baseball which are very competitive. I can see football becoming an intense rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    SBC wants TX State to be our rival. It is becoming just that in Softball and Baseball which are very competitive. I can see football becoming an intense rivalry.
    The best part about the "new SBC" is we are establishing rivals organically, compared to the North Texas, MTSU, FAU and FIUs of the world....

Southern Miss (Traditional rival, will play every year, great rival in all sports)
    Arkansas State (Somewhat of a rival really only in football, mostly becuase weve played them so long)
    App State (developed into quite a rivalry during Napier years, sucks we dont play every year)
    Coastal (We just all ____in hate their guts - cant wait to actually play them again)
    Marshall ( Not a huge rival yet but a known brand that our fan base will always be excited to play IMO)
    Texas State (I can see turning into a rival if they stay relevant in football, nice little baseball rivalry)
    ULM - Not a rival, we only care about them when we lose to them...true rivals you are excited to beat.

11. Default Re: More than one rival is needed

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    The best part about the "new SBC" is we are establishing rivals organically, compared to the North Texas, MTSU, FAU and FIUs of the world....

Southern Miss (Traditional rival, will play every year, great rival in all sports)
    Arkansas State (Somewhat of a rival really only in football, mostly becuase weve played them so long)
    App State (developed into quite a rivalry during Napier years, sucks we dont play every year)
    Coastal (We just all ____in hate their guts - cant wait to actually play them again)
    Marshall ( Not a huge rival yet but a known brand that our fan base will always be excited to play IMO)
    ULM - Not a rival, we only care about them when we lose to them...true rivals you are excited to beat.
    When you lose to ULMost you know you’re having a bad year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    When you lose to ULMost you know you’re having a bad year.
    Yes except that one year they were decent in 2012 when they had Browning...even though i think we still kicked their asses that year.

13. Default Re: More than one rival is needed

. . . face it . . . ULM is a rival . . . they even had a pitcher drafted this year . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . face it . . . ULM is a rival . . . they even had a pitcher drafted this year . . .
    ULM is a rival. No matter how much y’all want separation!

Personally I believe it is in our best interest to create trophies for Southern Miss, Texas State, and Arkansas St..

I think it make it fun for the fans and players. Like SBC championship game.

Southern Miss- the Gulf Coast Rivalry Trophy

Texas State- The Sabine Pass Classic

Arkansas St.- The Howlin vs. The Ragin Roar Rivalry Trophy

- Cajun - Red Wolf Grudge Match Trophy.

Whatever

15. Default Re: More than one rival is needed

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Is this a beer post?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information