Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Not quite 20 years, ago

Default Re: Not quite 20 years, ago

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    i believe one of the assistant coaches, who really didnt have authority to call timeout, called one as ucf's kicker sailed one outside of the uprights. line it back up and hit it right through for the win. brutal
    To this day I complain about Bustle calling that TO! This is the first I’m hearing about an assistant making the call.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    No. The only thing that's going to make it not matter is if we don't care. It's time we care and show we care. Troy and Patrick made a needed move. We can overcome this.
    Just as a reference point. One of the reasons that Texas State attendance is growing is due to the university president. Yes, they are playing better right now, but the president is very engaged with the student body. The guy is like a rock star there!
    Until we see leadership FROM THE TOP we won’t see any significant growth in engaging the student body to support athletics!

3. Default Re: Not quite 20 years, ago

. . . well, we have a rock . . . is that even close . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . well, we have a rock . . . is that even close . . .
    no

5. Default Re: Not quite 20 years, ago

. . . I guess we need to add a star . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Troy Weingerter and Patrick Mensah went and visited several fraternity meetings last night and asked them to come out to the game. Told them that they are what makes the student section go. Hopefully it will be a good crowd again.
    I appreciate these fine gentleman going talk to the Greeks.

But is everyone on the same page? Is MH still thinking we’re in the GSC, where students wore beanies and pep rallies were for team support and not about “look at me”.

We had a potential rock star as president, heck one of us. But…here we are.

7. Default Re: Not quite 20 years, ago

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

But is everyone on the same page? Is MH still thinking we’re in the GSC, where students wore beanies and pep rallies were for team support and not about “look at me”.

You know what doesn’t work? Passively waiting for change. We need to try everything, and keep trying the same things over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    To this day I complain about Bustle calling that TO! This is the first I’m hearing about an assistant making the call.
    I remember Daunte Culpepper thrashing us in the late 90s. On the rail trash talking him didn’t last long. I remember he was a good sport about calling Bellpepper.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Just as a reference point. One of the reasons that Texas State attendance is growing is due to the university president. Yes, they are playing better right now, but the president is very engaged with the student body. The guy is like a rock star there!
    Until we see leadership FROM THE TOP we won’t see any significant growth in engaging the student body to support athletics!
    Did they just get a new university president?

Texas States student body is more than double UL's

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Did they just get a new university president?
    Not sure about president but they got rid of that stick in the mud AD Teliss

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

I know at one house they voiced their concern about MH. The athletic guys said we have no control over them but need y’all support.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I was about to ask who this game was against but then I see the ucf stuff. That game was a kick in the nuts.
    Dante Cullpepper days?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Dante Cullpepper days?
    No. Brandon Marshall, Kevin Smith and George O'Leary days

UCF had snapped a 17 game losing streak the week before and a 15 game road losing streak that game at Cajun Field. They went on to win CUSA that year. One of the biggest turnarounds in history

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Dante Cullpepper days?
    Brandon Marshall too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information