Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Not quite 20 years, ago

1. UL Football Not quite 20 years, ago

Lots of student support.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Not quite 20 years, ago

Troy Weingerter and Patrick Mensah went and visited several fraternity meetings last night and asked them to come out to the game. Told them that they are what makes the student section go. Hopefully it will be a good crowd again.

Did he head butt anyone?

Is it just me or is that photo not viewable

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Troy Weingerter and Patrick Mensah went and visited several fraternity meetings last night and asked them to come out to the game. Told them that they are what makes the student section go. Hopefully it will be a good crowd again.
    That’s good and all, but if the dean of students and the other stooges make it suck for them it’s not going to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That’s good and all, but if the dean of students and the other stooges make it suck for them it’s not going to matter.
    No. The only thing that's going to make it not matter is if we don't care. It's time we care and show we care. Troy and Patrick made a needed move. We can overcome this.

Ahh I see the pic now.

How much do you think giving away part of the student section impacted how many students? Granted chicken and egg, and I understand why. But with more end zone seats was it really needed? If something will be empty anyway might as well make the students feel like they have something all to themselves?

Troy is a very cool cat. Met him at Rouses by Cajun Field.

This is awesome they did this. Bustle did same in '02 or '03. Very effective. Got everybody extremely fired up

It is disturbing to think that individuals inside MH have taken the link between Louisiana Football and Louisiana's fraternities, and endeavored to limit support of Ragin' Cajuns Athletics. Oaths should be taken by every office (if not already) and make very clear the language "without mental reservation" and you know who I'm speaking of. Does not take a genius to realize that the person who came from Miss. State would have already broken this oath. Maybe a new moniker would apply well to her. Not only Enemy of the Program, but Oathbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    No. The only thing that's going to make it not matter is if we don't care. It's time we care and show we care. Troy and Patrick made a needed move. We can overcome this.
    Student section needs a critical mass for it to be successful.

The students want to drink before and during the game. The University wants to write them tickets for either.

BUT, if there are enough students, the campus police are forced to focus their attention on only the most egregious drunks, and the rest are left to have a good time -- like most other college stadiums.

Tailgating for them is probably a lost cause, however.. with them herded into that sheep pen under watchful eye.

For all his faults, coach Hud earned every penny he made while he was here with his ability to generate excitement and get people into Cajun Field.

We’ve never had anything like it before, and we’ve never had it since.

I was about to ask who this game was against but then I see the ucf stuff. That game was a kick in the nuts.

There is no IFC meeting this week so it will be hard for the 2 Boozos in MH to make up new rules to enforce this week.

I could see the Cajun Chicken stealing that UCF gold sword....

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I was about to ask who this game was against but then I see the ucf stuff. That game was a kick in the nuts.
    i believe one of the assistant coaches, who really didnt have authority to call timeout, called one as ucf's kicker sailed one outside of the uprights. line it back up and hit it right through for the win. brutal

There is no IFC meeting this week so it will be hard for the 2 Boozos in MH to make up new rules to enforce this week.
    It's even worse. Those rules have always been there, but the university selectively enforces them at their convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    i believe one of the assistant coaches, who really didnt have authority to call timeout, called one as ucf's kicker sailed one outside of the uprights. line it back up and hit it right through for the win. brutal
    Yep.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information