Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Schedule Question

Default Re: Schedule Question

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Miami and Wake.Believe South Carolina on the home schedule soon for App
    I mention wake. Where did Miami go?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    UL vs Texas State is not worth $100+ in tickets and who knows how much more in concessions, parking, etc to the average family of 4 in Acadiana

Read the comments on every social media post where they try to drum up local interest for a game the casual Lafayette person couldn't be any clearer in their opinion that the UL product is overpriced.
    Anyone who can’t get excited for the Tx St game is simply not a fan and not paying attention. Foote calls it the game of the year and I think he’s right.

https://www.facebook.com/10000923732.5tGeU5b13o8Ql/

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Miami and Wake.Believe South Carolina on the home schedule soon for App
    You are correct looking at future App schedules they are going to So Carolina 3 and SC is going to App once. Which means, if I am not mistaken, they will have 3 trips to USC that won’t be the big money pay out games that those typically are, because the return trip is your pay. Which would mean, at least here, we’d have to find that 2nd P5 pay day on those years. The question is will our crowd grow enough to justify?

4. Default Re: Schedule Question

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Tell me what schools are you talking about that would boost attendance?
    None initially.

You have to make people feel like they missed a good opponent.

Then you start the FoMo attendance.

Anyone who can’t get excited for the Tx St game is simply not a fan and not paying attention. Foote calls it the game of the year and I think he’s right.

https://www.facebook.com/10000923732.5tGeU5b13o8Ql/
    You're trying to get casual Lafayette people to show up to watch an opponent they've likely never heard of.

They. Are. Not. Fans.

They. Are. Not. Paying. Attention.

The people you're describing -- the ones who know what a big game next weekend will be -- can get you about 10-12k fans every week.

You will gain zero casual fans by bludgeoning them over the head with the importance of a SBC West matchup.

You get fans that come back week to week by showing them a great time - in the parking lot, in the stadium, etc - at a price that keeps them from telling their friends: "we had fun but it cost of a fortune id go back if someone gave me tickets"

You're trying to get casual Lafayette people to show up to watch an opponent they've likely never heard of.

They. Are. Not. Fans.

They. Are. Not. Paying. Attention.

The people you're describing -- the ones who know what a big game next weekend will be -- can get you about 10-12k fans every week.

You will gain zero casual fans by bludgeoning them over the head with the importance of a SBC West matchup.

You get fans that come back week to week by showing them a great time - in the parking lot, in the stadium, etc - at a price that keeps them from telling their friends: "we had fun but it cost of a fortune id go back if someone gave me tickets"
    Anyone who is just a football fan in general probably saw the Tx st over Baylor upset. It was all over the highlights for the entire weekend. Chances are if you don’t ever turn on ESPN you will never go to a game anyway. I beg to differ casual fans do know the Tx st story this year.

For long term success you have to continue to sell how good the sun belt is and grow interest in it. Playing a P5 at home 1 out of 3 and having inconsistent opponents won’t do it either.

If you want to gain casual fans it doesn’t matter who the opponent. You need to create a pre game party atmosphere that they hear about and don’t want miss. That will get more people in the area than any opponent ever will. I have been saying for years they need to create a whole new area for the casual tailgater to be able walk up and open up a pop up tent and tailgate. It is the biggest game day void we have. That area needs not be inside the gates of cajun field.

7. Default Re: Schedule Question

. . . that is definitely what the HUD era did . . .

If you want to gain casual fans it doesn’t matter who the opponent. You need to create a pre game party atmosphere that they hear about and don’t want miss. That will get more people in the area than any opponent ever will. I have been saying for years they need to create a whole new area for the casual tailgater to be able walk up and open up a pop up tent and tailgate. It is the biggest game day void we have. That area needs not be inside the gates of cajun field.
    Agree on that Ironically, it seems the only way forward is to get BACK to the days of having 40k people at the tailgate, and trying to solve the problem of getting them into the stadium.

I'm honestly curious if the university is even interested in that happening

9. Default Re: Schedule Question

. . . never forget, absent some anomaly, there are about 18,000 plus of minus a few fans generally interested in attending a Cajuns games . . . HUD was an anomaly from time to time then losing and the FDT video did him in . . .

Agree on that Ironically, it seems the only way forward is to get BACK to the days of having 40k people at the tailgate, and trying to solve the problem of getting them into the stadium.

I'm honestly curious if the university is even interested in that happening
    I think, hope might be the better word, that after the stadium remodel you will start to see more of a push. Keep in mind next year you will only have end zone and east side seating. You can’t really grow now knowing that.

Even during HUD, the tailgate area was packed

One of the first changes they made was no longer letting people leave the stadium to go rehydrate at their tailgate, and then come back inside.

That doesn't seem like a crazy rule (especially with them finally serving beer inside) but the reaction that alot of people had should have been telling for the university.

UL's tailgate and GameDay atmosphere was very much like every other festival/mardi gras/state fair around here, and people wouldn't react well to attempts to 'clean it up' to justify a higher price

Even during HUD, the tailgate area was packed

One of the first changes they made was no longer letting people leave the stadium to go rehydrate at their tailgate, and then come back inside.

That doesn't seem like a crazy rule (especially with them finally serving beer inside) but the reaction that alot of people had should have been telling for the university.

UL's tailgate and GameDay atmosphere was very much like every other festival/mardi gras/state fair around here, and people wouldn't react well to attempts to 'clean it up' to justify a higher price
    Another change they made that wasn’t in their best interest is it used to be join the RCAF and get a parking pass at no charge with the membership. The RCAF parking lots were full. Then they changed that to join RCAF to have the right to purchase a parking pass for 60 bucks. The parking lots emptied over night.

13. Default Re: Schedule Question

Y’all right, we like free stuff. Just like when the Kingfish bought governorships with the peoples money.

A politician in the Lake Charles area demanded the state blacktop some gravel roads. They offered him concrete instead. No, no, no y’all don’t understand. They’re happy I get them blacktop roads and even happier when I resurface them. Concrete is too long lasting.

I mention wake. Where did Miami go?
    probably those p5s are willing to travel and face our g5 peers because those other g5s don't have so much in fighting and bickering on their message boards, dont call their own groups “cash grabs” and dont tell other posters to Please

and those others certainly never defend TSAB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information