Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Schedule Question

Default Re: Schedule Question

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Your point stands only if you have evidence of government interference. Otherwise your point is speculation.
    I can only go by things I have read on fan forums and Sunbelt fan social media outlets. If those fans of the schools are correct then I am correct. If they made it up then I was mislead.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Future schedules have Tulane, tech, rice, Tulsa, and uab coming to Cajun field. Good regional opponents from like conferences.
    So, a few upgrades.nice

3. Default Re: Schedule Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Bring in a p5 to hopefully get 5k more people in the stands for 1 game?? What’s the real point here?
    If you get the rep for playing tough schedules you become much more attractive as an opponent and scheduling ultimately becomes easier and better.

Quality in, quality out.

4. Default Re: Schedule Question

. . . it’s all independent . . .

5. Default Re: Schedule Question

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . it’s all independent . . .
    OOC is definitely the independant portion of the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    When our peer schools in the SBC can figure out how to bring in a P5 school for a home game, then it's a scheduling problem that has led to a community preception problem.
    In 2009 Kansas St came to cajun field and played in front of a crowd of 16,400. What makes you think bringing in a P5 will increase attendance?

That was 14 years ago.you have to build a tradition of playing and beating P5's at CF.

I would love to see a P5 come back to Cajun Field. But as has already been mentioned, history and actual facts have proven that unless it is a “name” P5 school, this community could care less. And I don’t think Alabama, A&M, Georgia, etc will be making a trip to Lafayette in the lifetime of anyone on this message board. We should try to get a Baylor, Oklahoma State, Arizona or someone like that to come. But history suggest that MAY get another 5000-8000 people in for a single game. Until this community decides to step up and do a better job of supporting the Cajuns, the faithful will have to continue pulling the wagon.
    However, if TSAB continues to lose like they did yesterday, some of their bandwagon fans may fall off, get confused, and find their way into Cajun Field for at least a few games!

9. Default Re: Schedule Question

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    In 2009 Kansas St came to cajun field and played in front of a crowd of 16,400. What makes you think bringing in a P5 will increase attendance?
    You will never change attendance problems with sporatic long in-between quality games.

To change habits there has to be an assurance that the schedule will be good sight unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    That was 14 years ago.you have to build a tradition of playing and beating P5's at CF.
    Yes and the general public has grown even more apathetic since. That was also before every game was on ESPN + in which we have the highest viewership ratings in conference today. No one in our conference has a “tradition” of playing P 5s at home. They get them every once in a blue moon.

Other than App st with UNC last year and Wake this year and ODU with Va Tech this year who else in conference has hosted a P5 in the last couple of years? Serious question I honestly don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You will never change attendance problems with sporatic long in-between quality games.

To change habits there has to be an assurance that the schedule will be good sight unseen.
    Maybe I am in the minority but I think knowing you are playing in the sunbelt every year, arguably the best G 5 conference out there, is enough to know you will have quality opponents every year. If you are paying attention you know Tx St, Ga St, ULM, and So Miss will all be games that we are evenly matched and can go either way. That makes for exciting football in my book.

Next year you know you will have Troy, So Al and Ark st who looks to be improving. You’d have to think also you’ll get some combination of App, JMU, and Coastal on the schedule with one being here. If our fans can’t get excited for conference alone they are just looking for excuses not to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Until this community decides to step up and do a better job of supporting the Cajuns, the faithful will have to continue pulling the wagon.
    UL vs Texas State is not worth $100+ in tickets and who knows how much more in concessions, parking, etc to the average family of 4 in Acadiana

Read the comments on every social media post where they try to drum up local interest for a game the casual Lafayette person couldn't be any clearer in their opinion that the UL product is overpriced.

13. Default Re: Schedule Question

Two 2-for1 relationahips and, one 3-for-1 always on constant rotation with multiple schools and Louisiana could have a P5 at home every year.

Some years, two.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Yes and the general public has grown even more apathetic since. That was also before every game was on ESPN + in which we have the highest viewership ratings in conference today. No one in our conference has a “tradition” of playing P 5s at home. They get them every once in a blue moon.

Other than App st with UNC last year and Wake this year and ODU with Va Tech this year who else in conference has hosted a P5 in the last couple of years? Serious question I honestly don’t know.
    Miami and Wake.Believe South Carolina on the home schedule soon for App

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Two 2-for1 relationahips and, one 3-for-1 always on constant rotation with multiple schools and Louisiana could have a P5 at home every year.

Some years two.
    Tell me what schools are you talking about that would boost attendance?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information