Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I love the fix all terminology of "Adjustments".

Do you really think Cajuns Football is NOT "making adjustments" @ half time.

Is the Louisiana Program incapable of figuring out how to "make adjustments". Everybody calm down with the supposed alchemy of saying "We can't make Adjustments"
    Exactly, cracks me up.

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

. . . oh come on . . . that is expected here . . . adjustments, adjustments, get your adjustments here . . .

I can say, with 100% certainty our coaches made adjustments all game long. To think otherwise is absurd. We couldn’t overcome the disparity at the lines. Especially with zero help from the zebras.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Our defense is a design and we recruit to the design. We are designed to stop sunbelt offenses that are mostly spread. With that said I think our front 7 played pretty well. There was plenty of holding never called on Minnesota. I talked about penalties in my prediction. The turnover battle can’t be lost to a team built like Minnesota.

We can complain all we want about coaching decisions and adjustments. The other team has coaches too. This particular team has very high paid coaches, playing in their expensive stadium, with their P5 referees. We were behind the 8 ball.

2-penalties on Nathan Thomas and 2 on hazzard. I believe the other 3 penalties were all PI, all ticky tack at best in my opinion.

Let’s go win the belt. West looks wide open. And for some stupid reason JMU can’t play for the championship again. They look like the only team we couldn’t beat right now.
    I said this earlier in the season in regards to our front 7. I like their tenacity and they all play physical with a motor but on thing we were going to be susceptible to was the power run. You saw it manifest itself in the UAB game a bit and then Buffalo got into the game with the run. When we're defending sideline to sideline, we are good but when we are getting big bodies on our linebackers and safeties, we are prone to big plays.

Minnesota never planned to lean on their young QB to beat us, they were always going to try to wear us down and move the ball on us in the second half and that's what happened. We just didn't make our own adjustments offensively and we made some very costly turnovers in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I can say, with 100% certainty our coaches made adjustments all game long. To think otherwise is absurd. We couldn’t overcome the disparity at the lines. Especially with zero help from the zebras.
    Well, whatever adjustments we made in the second half, particularly on offense, didn't work.

Look, we needed to jump out ahead by 17 in order to get them to play into our strength. We didn’t do that and it allowed them to just grind us down. We played pretty good. We didn’t play great, but not terribly either.

The one thing that is absolutely unforgivable is procedure penalties. False starts, offsides and formation penalties. You can’t have the mental lapses in close games. That turned into change of possessions.

Texas St is a much better matchup for us. Not sure we pull it out, but the style of play fits us better.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

. . . maybe there adjustments worked better because of personnel . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . maybe there adjustments worked better because of personnel . . .
    I think this is correct for their offensive personnel adjustments. We just didn't adjust to their blitz packages in the second half to get Zeon to make quicker decisions. Theirs worked and he made two poor decisions along with some other questionable decisions in the second half. He's young and he's going to do that but they just pressured him more and we didn't seem to have an answer.

9. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

. . . it’s why he was not QB1 to start the season . . . he is young and will get better in time, hopefully it is time spent here . . . those are not the types of adjustments that are made at halftime . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I think this is correct for their offensive personnel adjustments. We just didn't adjust to their blitz packages in the second half to get Zeon to make quicker decisions. Theirs worked and he made two poor decisions along with some other questionable decisions in the second half. He's young and he's going to do that but they just pressured him more and we didn't seem to have an answer.
    How do you know? Because we didn’t win?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . it’s why he was not QB1 to start the season . . . he is young and will get better in time, hopefully it is time spent here . . . those are not the types of adjustments that are made at halftime . . .
    This offense is absolutely different with him in there and that's a good thing. Blitz protection is something that can be adjusted at halftime though.

Again, Minnesota’s QB:

12/14, 146 Yards, 2 TD and a meaningless INT.

You let the opponent’s QB complete over 85% of his passes with a yard per attempt of over 10, you’ve probably got about a 0.824% chance of winning that game.

I watched the game again on tv. I was watching sort of on my phone live. Anyway. We needed to blitz more on 1st downs. Minnesota was ahead of the chains all day.

And… how did we not recover the onside kick??

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    How do you know? Because we didn’t win?
    Because they were able to get after Zeon in the second half and put him under pressure, both times helping create interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Because they were able to get after Zeon in the second half and put him under pressure, both times helping create interceptions.
    How do you know we didn’t adjust? Sometimes they just out athlete you. Sometimes it’s the jimmy and the joes not the X’s and O’s.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information