Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Z has been our starter now for 120 minutes.

I like the direction of Louisiana Football.

On a mktg note, the dangerous, pull it down and advance the LOS yourself QB has a deep history with Cajuns Football. Remember the cypress lake image of #1, followed up by Fenroy in mid 2000s. Get a pair of hip boots for Z. Put #2 in the Swamp and put image on billboards. Potential to reawaken bunch of Cajuns fans who haven't been to the Swamp in while.

LFG

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Z has been our starter now for 120 minutes.

I like the direction of Louisiana Football.

On a mktg note, the dangerous, pull it down and advance the LOS yourself QB has a deep history with Cajuns Football. Remember the cypress lake image of #1, followed up by Fenroy in mid 2000s. Get a pair of hip boots for Z. Put #2 in the Swamp and put image on billboards. Potential to reawaken bunch of Cajuns fans who haven't been to the Swamp in while.

LFG

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    ……Coach Dez was right on the money concerning the coming out of Chriss….a great talent that hasn’t gotten many reps….he will make some errors along with great plays……just my own take, but we will be adding to our package each week with a ZC style to it……hard to tell the % of offense that was geared to a BW compared to the athletic skills of ZC……for all the recruiting neg guys, got to admit that our skilled guys are very good……we need a conference championship, a bowl game, and a ranking and all are doable!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……Coach Dez was right on the money concerning the coming out of Chriss….a great talent that hasn’t gotten many reps….he will make some errors along with great plays……just my own take, but we will be adding to our package each week with a ZC style to it……hard to tell the % of offense that was geared to a BW compared to the athletic skills of ZC……for all the recruiting neg guys, got to admit that our skilled guys are very good……we need a conference championship, a bowl game, and a ranking and all are doable!
    A ranking is not doable but the other two are!! The sunbelt west is wide open right now too

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

. . . when Boomer talks, people listen . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    We were beat on the LOS, badly. A few less mistakes, and a more fairly called game would have helped, but it’s hard to win when you can’t win up front.
    I hear the LOS argument, but let's look at the numbers.

Take away the 52 yard TD run by Kibodi, and we still averaged 4.8 yards per rush. Even leaving Minn's longest rush of the game in their stats, they averaged only 3.9 yards per rush.

We had three tackles for loss and a sack. Minn only had one TFL, and zero sacks.

The difference was two things:

1 - Zeon threw two INTs, one that was key. He's young and will make those mistakes.
    Their QB threw one meaningless INT that was more like a punt. And we did nothing with the football after that INT, though we had 45 seconds and multiple timeouts to try to do SOMETHING to get into FG range. That is coaching/in-game strategy.

2 - Their QB was 12 of 14 passing, averaging over 10 yards per attempt. His only incompletion the entire first half was that INT mentioned above. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I mention this on this board in less that 24 hours, but LACK OF ADJUSTMENTS. They grounded and pounded us all game long, but they averaged well less per rush than our offense did. The difference was that we allowed one incompletion per half on defense. We will not win more than one or two more games the rest of the schedule with that sort of pass defense.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Take away the 52 yard TD run by Kibodi, and we still averaged 4.8 yards per rush. Even leaving Minn's longest rush of the game in their stats, they averaged only 3.9 yards per rush.

We had three tackles for loss and a sack. Minn only had one TFL, and zero sacks.

1 - Zeon threw two INTs, one that was key. He's young and will make those mistakes.
    Their QB threw one meaningless INT that was more like a punt. And we did nothing with the football after that INT, though we had 45 seconds and multiple timeouts to try to do SOMETHING to get into FG range. That is coaching/in-game strategy.

2 - Their QB was 12 of 14 passing, averaging over 10 yards per attempt. His only incompletion the entire first half was that INT mentioned above. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I mention this on this board in less that 24 hours, but LACK OF ADJUSTMENTS. They grounded and pounded us all game long, but they averaged well less per rush than our offense did. The difference was that we allowed one incompletion per half on defense. We will not win more than one or two more games the rest of the schedule with that sort of pass defense.
    Love the attitude adjusting review.

Our defense is a design and we recruit to the design. We are designed to stop sunbelt offenses that are mostly spread. With that said I think our front 7 played pretty well. There was plenty of holding never called on Minnesota. I talked about penalties in my prediction. The turnover battle can’t be lost to a team built like Minnesota.

We can complain all we want about coaching decisions and adjustments. The other team has coaches too. This particular team has very high paid coaches, playing in their expensive stadium, with their P5 referees. We were behind the 8 ball.

2-penalties on Nathan Thomas and 2 on hazzard. I believe the other 3 penalties were all PI, all ticky tack at best in my opinion.

Let’s go win the belt. West looks wide open. And for some stupid reason JMU can’t play for the championship again. They look like the only team we couldn’t beat right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

The lack of pass defense was the difference up front. We will not play a better line the rest of the year. A good pass rush equals good pass D when you don’t have to cover as long.

I love the fix all terminology of "Adjustments".

Do you really think Cajuns Football is NOT "making adjustments" @ half time.

Is the Louisiana Program incapable of figuring out how to "make adjustments". Everybody calm down with the supposed alchemy of saying "We can't make Adjustments"

Only the RPCA believes that.the rest of us know adjustments are being made.

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

When you are ahead there is less tendancy (or need) to make adjustments.

I do wish the offense had tried to do a quick strike before halftime, before Minnesota made adjustments.

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

. . . there are a number of posters here who need adjustments . . . you can tell them by seeing that they are incapable of making adjustments . . .

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . there are a number of posters here who need adjustments . . . you can tell them by seeing that they are incapable of making adjustments . . .
    I can't tell if you are being "offensive" or "defensive"

Derek Carr just threw a perfect bomb to Olave while typing. Anyhow, yes T, the clock, situation etc. prob did call for the pre halftime deep ball.

What's cool is we looked sharp v B1G. Growin' Pain.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information