Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Postgame

Man that was a tough one. We just can’t quite get over the hump. We’ll be ok though. Minnesota line was HUGE and they were weighing on our guys heavy(pun intended). We finally adjusted and started run blitzing but unfortunately it was too late with the silly turnovers and 4th down call. If this team (coaches and players) put it all together we could be very very dangerous. Here’s to hoping we do.

Ps….I can’t help but think how good this offense would be if we had Legendre. Oh well like Esqueleto said, shoulda coulda woulda

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Man that was a tough one. We just can’t quite get over the hump. We’ll be ok though. Minnesota line was HUGE and they were weighing on our guys heavy(pun intended). We finally adjusted and started run blitzing but unfortunately it was too late with the silly turnovers and 4th down call. If this team (coaches and players) put it all together we could be very very dangerous. Here’s to hoping we do.

Ps….I can’t help but think how good this offense would be if we had Legendre. Oh well like Esqueleto said, shoulda coulda woulda
    Legendre is still listed on the roster as a redshirt junior. Is there a chance he comes back next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I was pleased they went for it on 4th. We held, got a nice sackthey punted into EZ. The next series going 3 and out hurt us more than the not getting 1st down on 4th.
    Zeon did not make a good throw on the fourth down incomplete pass. Appeared to be behind the receiver. Dez said in post game he felt good about the play call. It simply was not executed properly by the players. I understand the logic as he did not want to send his defense back onto the field so quickly after a long physical drive by the Gophers.

Everything has to do with half time adjustments! This is College please make adjustments !

How was the Minnesota adult beverages? Safe travels back home.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I understand the logic as he did not want to send his defense back onto the field so quickly after a long physical drive by the Gophers.
    If you know the logic before hand, (that you are willing to use four plays to get 10 yards) do you really use the first three plays to set up a play with a 44% failure rating?

I like old school. Field position.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Tailgating was a bit subdued due to it being so early but still good. Minnesota fans are about as nice as can be. Beers at the game were expensive. 11-12 bucks a piece.

Tailgating was a bit subdued due to it being so early but still good. Minnesota fans are about as nice as can be. Beers at the game were expensive. 11-12 bucks a piece.
    11-12 bucks for the million dollar man is chump change.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    The call was wrong and stupid.
    . . . well, not really .

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If you know the logic before hand, (that you are willing to use four plays to get 10 yards) do you really use the first three plays to set up a play with a 44% failure rating?
    . . . depends . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think we threw the ball a little too much at times in the second half. 2nd and eight does not automatically equal a passing down. Normally I like field position game too. However consideration for the way defense matches up with opponent is a consideration these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Excellent! The frat houses line up along the main drag heading into the stadium with parties taking place outside on their porches/lawns. I really enjoyed myself in Minneapolis and agree with MDM that the fans are first class and as nice as they get.

We played sloppy and got beat at the LOS. Can’t win games on the road vs. a P5 that way. The Minnesota faithful respected Louisiana and our program. We did nothing today to lose that respect. It sucks that we lost but they earned it.

15. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Minnesota

. . . nice take . . .

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information