Thread: UM Homecoming

Default UM Homecoming

Minnesota's game Saturday is their Homecoming. That bodes well.

Over the years, I have noticed 3 occasions in a football season for which an upset is more likely: First game, when the favored team is not yet cohesive, nor confident about what they're doing.

Last game, which is the grudge match, and the underdog comes in jacked up over their chances to be a spoiler.

And Homecoming. Coaches and players are very careful to keep the same practice and preparation schedule, week after week. But Homecoming week always contains many distractions, pep rallies, parades, meeting alums and others, etc. At the same time, the alumni coming in aren't focused on the opposition; none of them say, "Whoa, these patsies we scheduled have me concerned." No, they're talking about beating their rivals, winning their division, winning their conference, going to a bowl, recruiting. anything but the supposed doormat they've scheduled.

And we ain't no doormat.

Should be interesting.

Default Re: UM Homecoming

Gopher gumbo!

11am homecoming gotta be rough. Your socializing Friday night with alumni from out of town and then gotta get up early the next day. Are they doing an 8 am parade?

As long as we don’t have self inflicted mistakes and to overcome the Angel Hernandez of the Big 10 (should such a person exist) got a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    11am homecoming gotta be rough. Your socializing Friday night with alumni from out of town and then gotta get up early the next day. Are they doing an 8 am parade?
    If the parade were tomorrow morning before the game, that would be frosted topping.

Unfortunately, it's tonight.
    https://homecoming.umn.edu/events

But it's still a distraction, and a departure from normal game-week prep.

I hear Greeks are boycotting HC activities at Minisoda.something about banning cooked brats for greek "activities"

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I hear Greeks are boycotting HC activities at Minisoda.something about banning cooked brats for greek "activities"
    Well those little brats.

Brats vs Boudin.who you got

10. Default Re: UM Homecoming

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Brats vs Boudin.who you got
    Boudin.

"The link to a good season. "

UM has not won their homecoming game since 2017 per their board.

Thread Information