Thread: Question for Jay or anyone else who was there

UL Football Question for Jay or anyone else who was there

With the trip to Minnesota this weekend I was thinking about the last time we played there in 2003. Of course back then they played in the Metrodome. I was a student at the time and for some reason I remembered there was a Twins game in the Metrodome on the same day. I looked it up and the game was Saturday September 20th and sure enough Baseball Reference shows the Twins played the Tigers at home September 20th as well. I’m assuming we had an early kick off and the baseball game was that evening. It just seems like the conversion would have been a pretty tall feat to pull off in just a couple hours. Just wondering if there were foul poles up in the corners during our game or a different seating configuration than normal or anything like that? I don’t remember seeing Twins games with yardage lines in the outfield like they would have back in the day in Oakland or San Francisco so I would guess they had to redo the entire turf as well. Like I said just curious if anyone who was there could remember anything about it, would have been a cool process to watch in my opinion.

2. Default Re: Question for Jay or anyone else who was there

Interesting.

Default Re: Question for Jay or anyone else who was there

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    With the trip to Minnesota this weekend I was thinking about the last time we played there in 2003. Of course back then they played in the Metrodome. I was a student at the time and for some reason I remembered there was a Twins game in the Metrodome on the same day. I looked it up and the game was Saturday September 20th and sure enough Baseball Reference shows the Twins played the Tigers at home September 20th as well. I’m assuming we had an early kick off and the baseball game was that evening. It just seems like the conversion would have been a pretty tall feat to pull off in just a couple hours. Just wondering if there were foul poles up in the corners during our game or a different seating configuration than normal or anything like that? I don’t remember seeing Twins games with yardage lines in the outfield like they would have back in the day in Oakland or San Francisco so I would guess they had to redo the entire turf as well. Like I said just curious if anyone who was there could remember anything about it, would have been a cool process to watch in my opinion.
    You can watch the field as the Oakland A's transforms to the Raiders. Youtube bud.

https://youtu.be/3hn_6rcaPIE?si=WPO4-PZl6NGcHz6G

Thread Information