Thread: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Non-conference Schedule

UL Basketball Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Non-conference Schedule

Mike and I discussed the upcoming non-conference basketball schedule.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/s.hedule-e29s5hq

Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Non-conference Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Mike and I discussed the upcoming non-conference basketball schedule.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/s.hedule-e29s5hq
    I absolutely love the fact that the Rice game is a Home and Home.

Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Non-conference Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I absolutely love the fact that the Rice game is a Home and Home.
    Getting that game finalized is why it took so long for schedule to be released. For the longest time it looked like we would have one less game than allowed. Once we got the opponent settled, pinning down the date that both teams would agree to took awhile. These things are more complex than many fans often realize. I don’t think it will be as much of a problem in 24-25 as Tech, Rice, and a MAC team should come to Lafayette. Maybe we need to buy only one home game in 24-25. Perhaps McNeese agrees to come to Lafayette as it will be their turn. Who knows if they agree to continue the series. Hopefully fans learn a little something about our non conference opponents by listening to this podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Getting that game finalized is why it took so long for schedule to be released. For the longest time it looked like we would have one less game than allowed. Once we got the opponent settled, pinning down the date that both teams would agree to took awhile. These things are more complex than many fans often realize. I don’t think it will be as much of a problem in 24-25 as Tech, Rice, and a MAC team should come to Lafayette. Maybe we need to buy only one home game in 24-25. Perhaps McNeese agrees to come to Lafayette as it will be their turn. Who knows if they agree to continue the series. Hopefully fans learn a little something about our non conference opponents by listening to this podcast
    You do a great job. Enjoy listening.

Great listen. Some tough OOC competition.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Thank you. Mike did a great job with his research, just like Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    While the bulk of the podcast focused on the non conference schedule, there is another upcoming event we highlighted (beyond the NIL event which has had plenty of publicity). That event will occur on Wednesday October 25. There are two parts to this. One is the annual RCAF Tip Off banquet. Time is usually 6:30 PM. This is open to RCAF donors above a certain level (Football and volleyball had similar events back in August). Beyond a meal, players and coaches are introduced and a preview of the upcoming season occurs. This year, the event will be held at the student union. Reason for location is that following the program, players will participate in some basketball activities. I believe an outdoor court will be brought into an area near the union. Some may compare this to a midnight madness type deal although time may be more like 8 PM. Although only the RCAF folks are invited to the tip off banquet, everyone is invited to the basketball demonstrations. I bet they will have things like a dunk contest and a 3 point contest. I don't think scrimmaging is allowed due to NCAA rules limiting no. of preseason practices. One of the reasons for the location is so as to make it easy for students to get an early look at their team. I don't know if this event will be successful but I do applaud the program for trying something different to promote their program. Sounds like a cool deal to me.

Thread Information