Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    …calling into the show with good observations about the latest game and the next y’all can create radio harmony.
    Practical advice…GOOD observations.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    My favorite caller was Paul Guidroz from Bureaux Bridge. He called Jay one afternoon to talk about baseball. All of a sudden Paul says "I got to go" and hangs up. He calls back a little later and continues the conversation. At the end of the call Jay asks "what did he buy"? Paul says "what"? Jay says "when you called earlier you had to go, what did he buy"? Paul says " oh.a fifth of Jack Daniels and 5 dollars of gas". Priceless and only on local talk radio
    I miss hearing Paul's farewells."mais ok, bye."

Yall remember that psychopath Michael Mulkahey? (sp)

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    Tim is good people and a fine broadcaster. He’s a former sports director at KTBS-TV and has been doing his radio show for several years now. His home station, KWKH, is a Townsquare Media station, which explains why his show is on KPEL-AM.

Tim will respect UL and its fanbase. Give him a shot. I think he’ll grow in you.

Full disclosure: Tim is a regular on my prep football show. The link to this week’s episode will be posted in a separate thread shortly.
    No offense, but no thanks. I used to hear how he talked about ULL, UL Lafayette and Lafayette. I refuse to be relegated to listening to someone that doesn't respect our university or our culture and only talks nice about us cause he has to now. No thanks. I'll get my Cajuns talk from our local guys who talk Cajuns because they love to.

Do you guys remember UConn man? That guy was a loon.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    No offense, but no thanks. I used to hear how he talked about ULL, UL Lafayette and Lafayette. I refuse to be relegated to listening to someone that doesn't respect our university or our culture and only talks nice about us cause he has to. No thanks. I'll get my Cajuns talk from our local guys who talk Cajuns because they love to.
    Maybe he has reformed and now sees the light and has left the dark side and wants to atone for his past misdeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    He had a song written about him. Some thought he was a plant just to get things fired up.

Michael Mulchahy was. different. As was James Condon.

Then there was the Saint, a true gentleman as was Double D.

8. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    No offense, but no thanks. I used to hear how he talked about ULL, UL Lafayette and Lafayette. I refuse to be relegated to listening to someone that doesn't respect our university or our culture and only talks nice about us cause he has to now. No thanks. I'll get my Cajuns talk from our local guys who talk Cajuns because they love to.
    Jerry Lewis on the Labor Day Telethon used to say he didn’t care WHY you donated, ego, guilt, whatever just donate.

Same with publicity. I don’t care what they think as long as they’re respectful now.

9. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Boomer liked him.

Can't remember why.

10. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

I have long lamented about the demise of sports talk radio in Lafayette since COVID. There was a time when I could turn on my radioPup app at 7 AM, listen until about lunch, then turn it back on at 3 and go until 7 PM. There was local talk for roughly 9 hours each day on the flagship. It is a shame where we are now. One can argue that the lack of chatter throughout the week has adversely impacted attendance at Cajun Field. The talk throughout the week got me hyped for the Cajuns' game on Saturdays. That is sorely missed and has to play a part in our perceived apathy in the fanbase.

11. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    He had a song written about him. Some thought he was a plant just to get things fired up.

Michael Mulchahy was. different. As was James Condon.

Then there was the Saint, a true gentleman as was Double D.
    …….Helmut, I wrote that song and sang it a few times for Jay….still play it on the piano sometimes……U Conn Man now that’s a Sports Fan ….U conn man he’ll take a stand…fun times!

12. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    I have long lamented about the demise of sports talk radio in Lafayette since COVID. There was a time when I could turn on my radioPup app at 7 AM, listen until about lunch, then turn it back on at 3 and go until 7 PM. There was local talk for roughly 9 hours each day on the flagship. It is a shame where we are now. One can argue that the lack of chatter throughout the week has adversely impacted attendance at Cajun Field. The talk throughout the week got me hyped for the Cajuns' game on Saturdays. That is sorely missed and has to play a part in our perceived apathy in the fanbase.
    I agree with you about lack of content. Having said that I don’t believe it’s impacting attendance adversely. I believe their numbers were in the hundreds not tens of thousands or even thousands.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information